Mk II: Probably my first real watch.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By clerkpalmer

Thread: Mk II: Probably my first real watch.

Mk II: Probably my first real watch.

Hello. First post. Iím an audiophile and a member of polkaudio. I followed a thread there about watches and became interested. After deciding not to buy an Oris Aquis, I began to look around for an affordable mechanical watch (costing under the $900 I would have spent). I became interested in field or pilot watches, with Hamilton, Stowa and Archimede rising to the top. Then I stumbled onto the MkII site and became quite interested in their ready-to-wear line. Iím probably going to pull the trigger on one around Fatherís Day, since my sons were told to contribute to this. I like all of them, but Iím leaning towards the Cruxible. The Hawkinge and Paradive look great, too. So, Iím looking for some feedback. Should I consider other any other brands, new or used, besides these? Thanks in advance for any advice. Also, Iím big and my wrist is about 7.7 inches, so I am a little concerned about the Hawkinge being smaller.

Mike

Re: Mk II: Probably my first real watch.

Welcome to the forum! The Paradive is fantastic for a wrist your size. The Hawkinge wears smaller and I would encourage getting the Paradive. I have been here a lottle while and for me none of the other micro bramds quite scratch the itch that Bill Yao and MKII do for me. I have owned six and currently have three and have regretted every MKII I sold except the Hawkinge. Best of luck; Name:  299FAC03-6DAC-4585-9759-6BFBC09D3E1F.jpeg
Views: 62
Size:  437.2 KB

Thanks much!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What was it about the Hawkinge that you did not like?

Welcome aboard! Have owned the majority of the MKii watches models at one time or another. Great quality watches at an affordable price.

Great to hear. I really like the simple beauty of the designs. I’m retired and have no need for a more formal look.

In my opinion you canít go wrong with any MKII. Bill is known for being extremely selective about parts and movements and it shows. For me the Paradive is my perfect daily beater. I reset it once a week and itís always right around an outstanding +22 seconds per week. Nice thing about the PD is the choice of dive or 12hr. bezel inserts. PD3 on my tad under 8in. wrist to give you an idea.

Name:  D139AE8A-0007-40BE-88B9-BAF2E28D8CA2.jpeg
Views: 61
Size:  592.9 KB

Thanks for the advice and the pics. I’m looking forward to trying one one at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ramon View Post
    In my opinion you can’t go wrong with any MKII. Bill is known for being extremely selective about parts and movements and it shows. For me the Paradive is my perfect daily beater. I reset it once a week and it’s always right around an outstanding +22 seconds per week. Nice thing about the PD is the choice of dive or 12hr. bezel inserts. PD3 on my tad under 8in. wrist to give you an idea.

Name:  D139AE8A-0007-40BE-88B9-BAF2E28D8CA2.jpeg
Views: 61
Size:  592.9 KB
    Nice on rubber strap.
    Paul Ramon likes this.

Indeed. It looks great on almost everything. I would probably not choose a bracelet, however.

Thread Information