Sell my MKII Nassau and buy a Tudor BB58?
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Sell my MKII Nassau and buy a Tudor BB58?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Sell my MKII Nassau and buy a Tudor BB58?

Afternoon everyone,

I've been kicking around the idea of purchasing the Tudor BlackBay 58 (BB58). I own the MKII Nassau and it's a fantastic watch. In fact, I have it on now while writing this. The specs of both of these watches are very close. I'm curious what your thoughts are on selling the Nassau and purchasing the BB58. I paid just shy of $1k for the Nassau if I remember correctly and called an AD this past friday to price the BB58 - which was $3500 and about a 1 month wait. The money isn't the reason for pause but the fact that the watches are very similar. Anyone have side by side pictures of these two watches?

Re: Sell my MKII Nassau and buy a Tudor BB58?

Quote Originally Posted by Etennyson View Post
    Afternoon everyone,

I've been kicking around the idea of purchasing the Tudor BlackBay 58 (BB58). I own the MKII Nassau and it's a fantastic watch. In fact, I have it on now while writing this. The specs of both of these watches are very close. I'm curious what your thoughts are on selling the Nassau and purchasing the BB58. I paid just shy of $1k for the Nassau if I remember correctly and called an AD this past friday to price the BB58 - which was $3500 and about a 1 month wait. The money isn't the reason for pause but the fact that the watches are very similar. Anyone have side by side pictures of these two watches?
    Tudor is the better watch but I would keep the mkii and take the 2500 towards something else, unless having the brand name of Tudor is what you truly desire then nothing will scratch that itch.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have owned a couple of Tudors, great watches the latest was the black bay with red triangle bezel. I havenít worn the 58.

I went back to my Nassau, such a great watch and fits the purpose. Wearing it now, canít beat the quality, weight and dimensions!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have a Tudor bronze (original model) so I really do love Tudor. The allure of the bb58 really started with my Nassau. Mkii is an amazing brand. Every time I put on one of my mkii watches I love it.

Iím leaning toward keeping the Nassau and stepping into something like the 39mm perpetual. The white dial version of the crown and my Nassau might scratch the itch.

I have a Tudor bronze (original model) so I really do love Tudor. The allure of the bb58 really started with my Nassau. Mkii is an amazing brand. Every time I put on one of my mkii watches I love it.

Iím leaning toward keeping the Nassau and stepping into something like the 39mm perpetual. The white dial version of the crown and my Nassau might scratch the itch.
    The mkii is well made, I like the 39mm perpetual idea, although I am partial to the grey dial.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Do it. Get the Tudor and keep the MKII just in case.

Alaska or between Alaska, Mexico and Oregon's high desert country

Isn't the Tudor much larger, heavier and thicker?

I know it is very nice looking, but the dimensions would be a big concern for me....

Good Luck (whatever you decide)

Iím going to go by the AD and try on the perpetual. Called today and they have one. Good points on the dimensions of the bb58. From what I can tell it is thinner. No one has one in stock so the only way Iím trying it on is to order it.

On a side note, I wore the Nassau to work today. It truly is an awesome watch. Fits under a shirt cuff with ease. I think I might be answering my question. Keep the Nassau and get the Rolex OP

I’m going to go by the AD and try on the perpetual. Called today and they have one. Good points on the dimensions of the bb58. From what I can tell it is thinner. No one has one in stock so the only way I’m trying it on is to order it.

On a side note, I wore the Nassau to work today. It truly is an awesome watch. Fits under a shirt cuff with ease. I think I might be answering my question. Keep the Nassau and get the Rolex OP
    If you like the OP then you will like the Explorer (214270 MKII) and therefore you would like the Vantage.

I own / owned several MKII's, Rolex, and Tudor models. These two are my favorite to date.

I'd check the sales section as there might be a Vantage on there.....

Name:  IMG-6285.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  101.6 KB

Get the Tudor, a fantastic watch. Keep the MKII, I sold my MKII milsub and still regret it a year later.
    OmegaCosmicMan likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast