While waiting on Tornek Rayville (pictures) - Page 2
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: While waiting on Tornek Rayville (pictures)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: While waiting on Tornek Rayville (pictures)

We’ll all be six feet under before this comes out......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quartersawn likes this.

I had a few minutes to spare and took these quick-n-dirty pics between two meetings, sitting at a coffee table. As you can see, the dial says '200m' and the case back has '300m' written on it. Apart from that funny thing, there's of course nothing wrong with it.

I don't wear it often. Perhaps too afraid to damage it. This might be different when the ready-to-wear series comes out. But then, it's still #1. That makes it a little more special, I suppose.
    Dive watches; not only for underwater

Quote Originally Posted by Thieuster View Post
    I had a few minutes to spare and took these quick-n-dirty pics between two meetings, sitting at a coffee table. As you can see, the dial says '200m' and the case back has '300m' written on it. Apart from that funny thing, there's of course nothing wrong with it.

I don't wear it often. Perhaps too afraid to damage it. This might be different when the ready-to-wear series comes out. But then, it's still #1. That makes it a little more special, I suppose.
    Thanks a lot for the share! Yes having the number 1 of such a rare piece is quite something.

Please post more pictures when you have a minute! That would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again, have a lovely day

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A much anticipated watch for sure!
    Emceemon likes this.
    ​TUDOR Heritage Black Bay 79230N

After taking these pics, I decided to wear it for a few days (pfewwww). Guess what: nothing special happened. The 6 days included 3 days on a yacht near a sandy beach. It's wearable like any other watch, only a lot more rare. Like all Bill's watches, the TR is spot-on. 20 sec fast after 6 days wearing. That's good.

The Tornek comes with MKII's standard rubber strap. I am not a fan of any rubber strap (to say the least), so I've taken it off the moment I opened the box and I have replaced it with a 22mm blue nato. Given the blue accent on the dial, a blue nato is 'fitting', I think. Having said that: the TR is a watch that will go well with all kind of 'tactical look' straps: Erika's Originals, Gasgasbones etc. Given the way the case is blasted (very, very fine material is used for blasting!), I suppose that it is very hard to find a bracelet with the same 'tone'. For me, a 100% strap-watch.

Lumen-wise, the watch fits perfectly in Bill's portfolio. Easy to read at night, but not the 'you-need-welding-goggles' level of Seiko or Citizen. Then again, no other watch - not even a Rolex- can match Seiko's lumen. MKII's is good as it is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Does it stand out? No. No-one knows what it is. No-one is familiar with the shape. Its shape is not a brand on its own like Rolex, Royal Oak or Nautilus. One has to be close to a WIS to recognise what you're wearing. It lacks the bling-bling of modern-day Blancpains. In a way, that's the tactical aspect of the watch as well. More or less camouflaged. My Stingray with its shiny case gets more attention.

Has it a downsize? Not really. Only one perhaps, but that's not Bill's fault: my dad used to own a Blancpain FF on a cheap perlon strap. As boy, I always bought him a new strap every year on his b'day. Paid from my pocket money. Every year a new, fresh black perlon. I remember listening to the beautiful 'wwrrrrrrrr'-sound of the automatich movement when winding on his wrist. The AS Schild movement sounded so much nicer than modern-day movements. In the late 60s, he was testing a ship for a customer. When sailing north of Scotland, the strap snapped or the buckle came off and the watch went overboard. He didn't mind: 'that old French(...) watch' was replaced with a Speedmaster ("I'm going to buy one of those astronauts' watches now" - I still have that watch).

In short: if you're after the new line of TRs from Bill, just be patient. It's worth the wait.

Menno
    longstride and gwold like this.
    Dive watches; not only for underwater

Quote Originally Posted by Thieuster View Post
    In short: if you're after the new line of TRs from Bill, just be patient. It's worth the wait.

Menno
    I think I'm definitely in. Ready for the long creative process to begin. Let's go, Bill! "Project T-R" beckons.

Randy

I have owned two Stingrays and I flipped both. This was probably ten to twelve years go when I was young in collecting. Don't know what I was thinking but, I guess it was cranial flatulence.
    TheMeasure and longstride like this.
    My Other Hobby:
    Power
    McIntosh MA6200 Integrated Amplifier ~ Jolida JD202BRC Tube Integrated Amplifier
    Source
    Marantz NA7004 Network Audio Player
    Analog
    AR XB - Denon DL-110 ~ Audio Technica AT-MONO 3 ~ Audio Technica AT-440MLOCC| Dual 1219 - Shure M97xe ~ Grado Black |Dual 721 ~ Shure M1 TRACK
    Driver
    Focal 806V Speakers ~ S700 Stands

Quote Originally Posted by Randy9999 View Post
    I think I'm definitely in. Ready for the long creative process to begin. Let's go, Bill! "Project T-R" beckons.

Randy
    I doubt there will be a creative process, since it is listed in the ready to wear line.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

You have a few of my photos of my w TR which is #6. It is a classic of MKII along with the Kingston and all the other models.

I love the case finishing on the TR. Flawless. I m a sucker for a bead blasted diver anyhow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information