1000T on a NATO

Thread: 1000T on a NATO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1000T on a NATO

Does anyone have their 1000T on a Nato strap? I have a 1000T Sharkhunter on the way and I'm thinking of getting a Maratac Bond nato, just to switch it up if I get bored of the bracelet.

If you have one, does it sit well on the wrist? Or is the watch head too heavy? Any help (or pictures) would be appreciated.

:thanks

Re: 1000T on a NATO

I would like to see that too :) I don't think it will be too heavy I had my 750 Sharkie on one with no problem. ED

Pirates & Penguin territory (can't mention the Steelers '13)

I just put a Maratac on my new TUSA 1000T and it is fantastic. I will try to post pics later.
    I have a 750T Pro and I must say that I was apprehensive when I saw the size (smaller). My concerns were set aside as soon as I put it on my wrist. Awesome fit and I am perplexed now why so many are flipping their TUSA's. Oh well......my gain.
    Enjoy your Sharkhunter! You did well with the Summer Special.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

didn't know how to add a link to an old post but look at 4 ring on a pro

Got my 1000T Pro on a gray 2 piece, looks and wears great, will try to post pics later....
    Chris

Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. Larry the Cable Guy

How's this?...Waterbourne one piece dive strap.
    regards,
    Mark A. (aka msa6712)
    Phx, Az.

Thanks for the replies everyone. It looks great on the zulus. However I'm really just interested in the nato straps and if they support the weight of the watch. The natos are a bit thinner than the zulus so I thought they might be kind of flimsy on a heavy watch head.

I had a 22mm nato on a Seiko SKX007 and I really liked it. I've never had a Doxa though, so I'm not sure how it compares weight-wise, and with a 20mm strap, or if it sits too high on the wrist with the extra strap material underneath.

I look forward to the pictures - thanks again!
    Last edited by JekJob, Inc.; August 10th, 2009 at 04:39.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JekJob, Inc. View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone. It looks great on the zulus. However I'm really just interested in the nato straps and if they support the weight of the watch. The natos are a bit thinner than the zulus so I thought they might be kind of flimsy on a heavy watch head.

I had a 22mm nato on a Seiko SKX007 and I really liked it. I've never had a Doxa though, so I'm not sure how it compares weight-wise, and with a 20mm strap, or if it sits too high on the wrist with the extra strap material underneath.

I look forward to the pictures - thanks again!
    In your original post, you said you were considering a Maratac Bond NATO. Since Maratac also makes the ZULU, I'm under the impression that the material thickness is the same.

I have an issue G-!0 NATO that I could put on my TUSA 1000T. That would give you an idea of what the thin NATO looks like on a 1000T, but if you're going with Maratac, it probably won't be the pic you're looking for. Let me know.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cflye View Post
    Got my 1000T Pro on a gray 2 piece, looks and wears great, will try to post pics later....
    Good to see you back Chris.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    In your original post, you said you were considering a Maratac Bond NATO. Since Maratac also makes the ZULU, I'm under the impression that the material thickness is the same.

I have an issue G-!0 NATO that I could put on my TUSA 1000T. That would give you an idea of what the thin NATO looks like on a 1000T, but if you're going with Maratac, it probably won't be the pic you're looking for. Let me know.
    I think Maratac's NATOs are slightly thinner than the zulus. The combination between that and a different weave seems to give them a flimsier feel. I was just wondering if anyone had put one on the 1000T and if it distributed the weight evenly and comfortably.

The straps are pretty inexpensive, I'll probably just get it and see if it works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information