1000T Pro or 1200T Pro?

Thread: 1000T Pro or 1200T Pro?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1000T Pro or 1200T Pro?

I ordered my fist Doxa, a 1200T Pro but I am having second thoughts because of the case thickness. I’m thinking that I may be happier with a 1000T Pro’s slimmer case (I have a 7 1/2 inch wrist). I chose the 1200T mainly because I’ve read that the lume on the 1200T is better than on the 1000T and that it is white rather than having a green tint. I'm looking for some advice from owners of both watches on the case thickness and whether the lume is really better on the 1200T. Also, is the 1200T bracelet that much better than the 1000T bracelet? I can still change my oder because it has not shipped, Thanks in advance

Sal

Re: 1000T Pro or 1200T Pro?

Sal,

I currently own both they are great watches.
    If you are ok with the overal size of the case and dial, there really isn't much difference. In my opinion, the overall thickness is about the same. The case itself is a bit thicker on the 1200T but when view from the side, the look very much the same.
    Secondly, again my opinion, the bracelets are almost the same also. The 1000T bracelet was said to have been an upgrade from the standard BOR bracelet and it does appear thicker than the original on the 750T so I think the bracelet thing is greatly exagerated. As I said the main concern is the size of the watch. Some think it is a bit small and some love the size because it is very close to the original vintage. It more depeneds on what you are use to wearing.
    Good luck and enjoy it.

Bill

Thanks Bill, how does the lume compare between the 2 models? Also, in the 1200T review by the Flying Doctor, he says that the watch is 14MM thick not 15.6mm thick. So now I'm really confused. Others have said that the 1200T sits flatter on the wrist and wears better than the 1000T. Has this been your experience too.

Sal

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sal16610 View Post
    Thanks Bill, how does the lume compare between the 2 models? Also, in the 1200T review by the Flying Doctor, he says that the watch is 14MM thick not 15.6mm thick. So now I'm really confused. Others have said that the 1200T sits flatter on the wrist and wears better than the 1000T. Has this been your experience too.

Sal
    Sal,

I own both the 1000T and the 1200T, and IMO the 1200T is a better watch. But your opinion may vary of course.

The 1200T does sit better on the wrist, and doesn't wiggle around as much, and I believe most of this is due to the very slightly thicker case, and the bracelet is thicker than the 1000T. The 1200T uses the GMT bracelet which is thicker and heavier, and therefor offsets the way the watch wears enough for me to not even notice that I'm wearing a 1200 compared to a 1000.

And the lume is definitely improved from the 1000. From what I can see, it seems that not only is the lume area have more surface but it's thicker and glows brighter.

It also depends on what you like on your dial. The 1200 doesn't have the micro tics on them and it opens up the dial a bit and makes it feel as if the dial is bigger than it really is.

Personally I think you made a fine choice with the 1200. But again, it's all personal preference and you will truly know if you like it when you get the watch.

Hope this helps out, and if you have any other questions feel free to ask :)

~Tony
    DOXA Sub 1200T NUMA 01/50

Saving the world one block of C-4 at a time!
    EOD is more than a job in the military. It's a lifestyle.

Here is a lume shot of both the 1200 and 1000. The 1200T is on the left and the 1000T is on the right.

As you can see, the 1200 has a slightly brighter lume to it. Both watches were exposed to the same amount of sunlight for the same amount of time
    DOXA Sub 1200T NUMA 01/50

Saving the world one block of C-4 at a time!
    EOD is more than a job in the military. It's a lifestyle.

I picked up a 1000T white shark today. I honestly can't tell the difference size wise on the wrist !

Sal, Keep the order for the 1200T Pro. I owned two 1000Ts last year, a DivingStar and a Pro and sold them both because they felt small on my 7 1/2 inch wrist and also didn't sit comfortably. When I saw that the 1200T had come out I thought I'd try one just to see if the additional thickness, heavier weight, and GMT Bracelet would make a difference. Boy, did it! I've had my 1200T Pro for about a month and have been wearing it more than my other Swiss divers lately.

To me, the added weight of the total package, which is about 176 grams with two links removed, makes all the difference. And, Doxa got the dial just right on the 1200T. The removal of the micro tics was a good move and the orange on this dial is brilliant.

Enjoy your 1200T. Here's a couple of comparison shots next to a 1000T Divingstar and the obligatory wrist shot.

Best Regards,
    Ray K

Thanks to all who replied. Based on all your advice, it seems like a no-brainer. I do have another question, does Doxa put the AR coating on the outside of the crystal? Also, can someone please measure the actual thickness of the 1200T? As per the Flying Doctor's review its 14mm not 15.6mm as stated by Doxa.

Thanks again,
    Sal

For me the comfort factor is also very similar but that is because of my wrist which is 6 1/2".
    The discussion about the 1000T being less comfortable than the 1200T is true for most but not me. The caseback does protrude more than on the 1200T because of the thinner case but is probably the same case back. The thicker case on the 1200T takes up some of that so it appears to protrude less. The higher center of gravity will make the 1000T seem more unstable as it will sit higher on most wrists. My wrist however has a slight "dip" just on the elbow side so the two watches are about the same as far as comfort.
    Too much rambling.............
    My opinion is the 1200T is the better watch. My 1200T Pro is my favorite by far. I do, however, really like my TUSA as an alternate.
    Let us know when it arrives.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sal16610 View Post
    Thanks to all who replied. Based on all your advice, it seems like a no-brainer. I do have another question, does Doxa put the AR coating on the outside of the crystal? Also, can someone please measure the actual thickness of the 1200T? As per the Flying Doctor's review its 14mm not 15.6mm as stated by Doxa.

Thanks again,
    Sal
    I can't speak to the AR coating but, I just measured my 1200T and it's exactly 14.55 mm to the center of the crystal which is just tad higher than the bezel because of its curvature.
    Best Regards,
    Ray K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information