1000T Professional! Oh my!

Thread: 1000T Professional! Oh my!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1000T Professional! Oh my!

I need to voice my thoughts out loud. Is anyone listening? I hope you people can. I'm on the verge of developing an obsession with Doxa watches, although I've never owned one (yet); I couldn't find a 300T when I was looking for one, so I guess I've been putting off buying a Doxa ever since.
    I think it's about time though.
    The 1000T Professional is what I'm drawn to.
    What do you think of it as a first Doxa?
    Also, according to their website, the dial is (only) 22 mm wide? How can this be? Can anyone go into the trouble of measuring the dial width for me? I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers
    nin

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Re: 1000T Professional! Oh my!

I can't seem to find a ruler anywhere to confirm the face width - but it is on the small side. And it definitely looks small too, given the width of the bezel and the additional width of the cushion case.

That said, as a watch, and specifically as a dive watch, I couldn't be happier with my 1000T. I've got a 6.75 inch wrist (or thereabouts), and it's the perfect size for me. Very comfortable, very stable (though I hear that not everyone finds the same thing - depends a lot on the shape of your wrist, how flat your wrist is, etc). Build quality is awesome and the bezel is unbelievably fun and easy to use wet or dry. The orange face has to be seen first hand to really get a feel for how awesome it is. It's got that cool, vintage feel and look to it as well, which really can't be beat in my opinion.

At the current summer pricing I'd definitely say go for the 1000T pro - or even better, pick up the Project Aware SE (only 92 of them out there). That said, you might also want to look at the 1200T, search this site for them, they aren't on the DOXA website, but my understanding is that they're essentially the same as a 1000T in look at feel, but it comes with an HRV, no sub-second hatch marks on the face, and a thicker bracelet.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

28mm same as 1200T

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You caught the same bug! I've wanted a USD DOXA SUB since the first time I saw one in a 1972 US Divers catalog. At the time I needed a tank and regulator so I bought a USD Royal Aquamaster double hose regulator and the first USD aluminum 72 tank. Oh well bla bla bla.

When I found out that I had another chance to get a DOXA SUB I think I may have put it off for about two weeks. In December I pulled the trigger on a SUB 1000T Military Pro. Then I found this forum and found out about the SUB 1200T HRV and had to have one so I pulled the trigger in January.
    I even landed a vintage USD SUB 300T Sharkhunter off the Bay.

Before you buy a SUB 1000T call DOXA customer service and see if you can still get the SUB 1200T on sale. In either case you'll love your watch!

Check out this thread; https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=373947
    Last edited by outatime; March 14th, 2010 at 01:23.
    I don't have grandkids yet....so let me tell you about my watch!

Go for it! I just pulled the trigger yesterday and bought the 1000t pro. It seemed like fate called me to get a Doxa. I'd been searching for months for my next purchase and had always discarded Doxa due to their pricing being slightly higher then what I planned on spending. So, last minute, I checked there website and low and behold close to $1000 bucks off! thats a steal. Plus, it looks like the 1000t pro's are almost gone as well. On the front page of doxawatches.com, it states them as sold out, but i was still able to order one.

The tougher part for me was deciding between the Pro, project aware, and military sharkhunter. Could you write the Project Aware off as a tax write off :-D And the military pvd just looks so sweet. But in the end, it came down to the simple fact that the orange just looks amazing against the stainless steel...it might possible be one of the best color combinations for watches out there!

Did they give you an idea when your watch would ship? I ordered my first Doxa - a 1000T Pro as well - on Wednesday but haven't got a shipping confirmation yet. I think they only ship once or twice a week but not sure. Couldn't resist - been wanting one for so long, and the 1000T pricing was a deal....plus, I won't ever need a HRV (as nice as the 1200T looks...)

It sounds like they would ship either tuesday or wednesday due to Basel World going on right now. But with it being fedex priority it shouldn't take more than 2 days, maybe only 1 if you are on the east coast!

It's big enough to be seen underwater and light enough not to drag half of your body down like the way the 5000T would. I prefer it over my 5000T.

The silent world awaits.

Doxa 5000T Professional, 5000T Caribbean, 1000T Divingstar COSC, 4000T Sapphire Pro

Thank you all for your replies!
    What a great atmosphere you've set up here. What a fool I've been all this time; I was reluctant to post, as Engish is not my mother tongue and I feared that to write a 'proper' post would be far too tedious a task.
    Not anymore; I feet at home already.

Cheers
    nin

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Quote Originally Posted by nin. View Post
    Thank you all for your replies!
    What a great atmosphere you've set up here. What a fool I've been all this time; I was reluctant to post, as Engish is not my mother tongue and I feared that to write a 'proper' post would be far too tedious a task.
    Not anymore; I feet at home already.

Cheers
    nin
    Glad you started to post! Also, from what I've read, you're English is far better than most English as a first language speakers over here in North America.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information