1000T Questions

Thread: 1000T Questions

Question 1000T Questions

I am the new proud owner of a 750T Sharkhunter Military edition. I snuck in before the price increase. Before the Doxa, the $ 200 I paid for my Seiko Black Monster was the most I had ever spent on a watch.

Now I find myself bitten by the ORANGE bug. As a returning customer, I think I have a bit of time to get another one at the old prices. I like the overall look of the 1000T, but I do have a couple of questions for those of you lucky enough to have one in your possession.

Is the Bracelet 20mm? I like to run on a rubber strap every once in a while, but find the 750T strap uncomfortable, so I'm thinking that the strap for the 600T would fit.

How orange is the orange? I have seen pictures, but the color sometimes looks washed out like the Orange Monster orange. I was hoping it would scream DOXA!

And finally, am I insane? The wife thinks so...

Re: 1000T Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I am the new proud owner of a 750T Sharkhunter Military edition. I snuck in before the price increase. Before the Doxa, the $ 200 I paid for my Seiko Black Monster was the most I had ever spent on a watch.

Now I find myself bitten by the ORANGE bug. As a returning customer, I think I have a bit of time to get another one at the old prices. I like the overall look of the 1000T, but I do have a couple of questions for those of you lucky enough to have one in your possession.

Is the Bracelet 20mm? I like to run on a rubber strap every once in a while, but find the 750T strap uncomfortable, so I'm thinking that the strap for the 600T would fit.

How orange is the orange? I have seen pictures, but the color sometimes looks washed out like the Orange Monster orange. I was hoping it would scream DOXA!

And finally, am I insane? The wife thinks so...
    Hi Fynn, thank you for your questions

1. The SUB1000T has 20mm lugs, and yes the SUB600T strap will fit
    2. The orange is screaming DOXA orange, nothing to compare to the Seiko Monster, those are 2 completely orange tones
    3. Yes you are as all of us here inclduing myself, but dont worry, although there is no cure, you will find collecting DOXAs, enjoyable and financially rewarding.

Rick

Wow, I got a reply from Rick at DOXA!

Thanks Rick.

Well, all insanity aside, I guess all I have to do is get a hold of "The Mothership" and order.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA S.A. View Post
    you will find collecting DOXAs, enjoyable and financially rewarding.

Rick
    +1 on the first part.

I think what he means by the 2nd part is that every time you buy a Doxa you save money. So, with the purchase of each watch you save more and more and more.

At some point the money going out passes through a financial vortex and Doxa starts sending you watches for free and cash to boot!! Nobody knows how many watches you must buy for this phenomena to occur.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Re: How Orange is Doxa Orange ??

Good question - I used to wonder the same thing. I ordered the Doxa orange hat before I got the orange 750 PRO. When I saw the hat I got nervous - THAT color orange was not the orange I'd envisioned on the dial, it was much too yellow an orange, not the hot red orange I'd imagined Doxa orange to be.

I found it was the orange that matched the Doxa rubber strap, and that the dial color was actually a much redder orange

This redder orange hat is made by Twins Enterprise - really comfortable soft cotton, and more comfy than Doxa hat. They make thousands of hats in this color. Love to see the Jenny logo on this orange

Gull,

Thanks for the visual aids, they really cemented the decision for me.:thanks

I think that I will soon be talking to Doxa again.

Glad to help in any way I can. this might help some others see the BIG difference in the oranges as well. I once had a '73 VW bug that was DOXA Orange - wish I had it now. Now my ride is an '00 black toyota Tacoma. Even so the Doxas look great hanging out the window

God Bless, Liz

Follow me on Instagram @squibby118

Quote Originally Posted by laughinggull View Post
    Good question - I used to wonder the same thing. I ordered the Doxa orange hat before I got the orange 750 PRO. When I saw the hat I got nervous - THAT color orange was not the orange I'd envisioned on the dial, it was much too yellow an orange, not the hot red orange I'd imagined Doxa orange to be.

I found it was the orange that matched the Doxa rubber strap, and that the dial color was actually a much redder orange

This redder orange hat is made by Twins Enterprise - really comfortable soft cotton, and more comfy than Doxa hat. They make thousands of hats in this color. Love to see the Jenny logo on this orange

Maybe its just me, but I think the 1000T is a little more softer, even a slight more yellow tint than the 750T orange. It appears more "flat". Not sure if that is really true or it it is just an illusion given off by the slightly smaller size dial and the subseconds. Maybe someone can confirm whether the 1000T orange is identical to the 750T orange, but from my eye they are slightly different - the 1000T being close to the color of the doxa hat.

Btw - I like the 1000T color, its great - so is the 750, both are fine just slightly different in my view. Anyone else see this??

Quote Originally Posted by laughinggull View Post

It's funny, I look at both those orange hats and think, "Hmmm, 2 orange hats". Liz sees one as 'much redder' than the other. To me they look just slightly different. I read somewhere that women can see different shades of the same color much better than men can. They can see 10 different shades where a guy may only see 3 or 4. Guess this proves it!

Hey Liz, got any wrist shots you can post? Haven't seen a 750 Pro on a ladies wrist yet.....

Paul

Hello Fynn,
    Concerning the orange, I think if you read comments about the collections (official website) Doxa underlines a difference: for the 750 it's a gloss orange dial and for the 1000 it is a matte orange dial. So I think, but I'm not sure, that the 1000 is less "flashing" (maybe, as said somewhere on the forum, a little more yellow has been added to the orange)...
    I have a 1000 and you can really think about buying one, no doubt!
    And my wife also consider that I'm insane!
    Doxa should really produce a lady version of the Sub to help our wives to understand us

Thread Information