1000T Timing Accuracy

Thread: 1000T Timing Accuracy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX, USA
    Posts
    138

    1000T Timing Accuracy

    So how are the 1000Ts doing in accuracy? It looks like mine has gained 5 seconds in 3 days, with it being worn about half the time. Break-in? We don't need no stinkin' break-in!

    Bill

  2. #2
    Moderator Jason71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    14,496

    Re: 1000T Timing Accuracy

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Weldon View Post
    So how are the 1000Ts doing in accuracy? It looks like mine has gained 5 seconds in 3 days, with it being worn about half the time. Break-in? We don't need no stinkin' break-in!

    Bill

    That is quite impressive.........
    Best Regards,
    Jason





  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67

    Re: 1000T Timing Accuracy

    Mine is about the same. In 3 days it gain 5 sec.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member simon bradfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    119

    Re: 1000T Timing Accuracy

    I know this tread is about 1000T accuracy, but thought I'd chuck in a sideline on 600T accuracy. I reset my 600T Pro at the beginning of the month, and now 2 weeks in it is 20 seconds slow. Which isn't bad at all, I reckon.
    Simon

  6. #5
    Member koshko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17

    Re: 1000T Timing Accuracy

    So, I have mine SUB 1000T 3rd week, worn almost daily and it running +11sec/day. After 2 weeks I reset it and after first day it gain +13sec/day. I was expecting little bit better accuracy, reading here about great results. I use www.zime.gov
    My question is what is the "acceptable" accuracy for SUB 1000T?
    Should I wait an improvment ?


  7. #6

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    176

    Re: 1000T Timing Accuracy

    Hi, koshko,

    first question: Do you wear your watch under normal conditions? Or at sports or other outdoor things?

    2st: The normal wear-in time (not burn-in like computers ) is minimum 6 weeks, better 8 - 10. Your wrist time is a little bit less for an judgment.

    3rd: Acceptable? The "engine" is a good standard, named ETA 2824-2. Without the COSC certificate it should be run - normally - from 8 to 15 seconds per day. Less than 8 sec. are very rare but possible.

    My advice: Please be patient and wait for min. 6 weeks and than post your further results.

    BTW: mid of august I get a Sub 1000T, too. Than we can exchange our experiences.

    cheers from germany
    U2inSpe

  8. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,901

    Re: 1000T Timing Accuracy

    Quote Originally Posted by koshko View Post
    So, I have mine SUB 1000T 3rd week, worn almost daily and it running +11sec/day. After 2 weeks I reset it and after first day it gain +13sec/day. I was expecting little bit better accuracy, reading here about great results. I use www.zime.gov
    My question is what is the "acceptable" accuracy for SUB 1000T?
    Should I wait an improvment ?
    I'd give it at least 5 or 6 weeks of regular use before even thinking about having it adjusted........

    Paul

  9. #8
    Member MikeW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oregon Coast
    Posts
    1,170

    Re: 1000T Timing Accuracy

    Mine is running about +12sec/24hr, but i have not worn it alot since I received it, I fully expect it will "settle down" over the next several weeks.

    Best, Mike W.
    NAWCC Member

    "All my possessions for a moment of time" - Queen Elizabeth I

    Currently: Panerai, Omega, Rolex, Ball, Muhle Glashutte, Laco, Ocean7, Doxa, Bathys, and one or two others .

  10. #9
    Member koshko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17

    Cool Re: 1000T Timing Accuracy

    Quote Originally Posted by U2inSpe View Post
    Hi, koshko,

    first question: Do you wear your watch under normal conditions? Or at sports or other outdoor things?

    2st: The normal wear-in time (not burn-in like computers ) is minimum 6 weeks, better 8 - 10. Your wrist time is a little bit less for an judgment.

    3rd: Acceptable? The "engine" is a good standard, named ETA 2824-2. Without the COSC certificate it should be run - normally - from 8 to 15 seconds per day. Less than 8 sec. are very rare but possible.

    My advice: Please be patient and wait for min. 6 weeks and than post your further results.

    BTW: mid of august I get a Sub 1000T, too. Than we can exchange our experiences.

    cheers from germany
    U2inSpe
    Hi U2inSpe
    Thanx for your respond. It´s a great idea , we can share our experiences.
    I wear my Sub under a normal conditions as my 2nd watch, daily but not usually not more as 10 hours per day. I do some swimming , some sport but no any extremes. Let´s wait minimium 6 weeks, then I will see what ETA 2824-2 will do.

  11. #10
    Member jstawasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Central Florida
    Posts
    1,191

    Re: 1000T Timing Accuracy

    I received my 1000T Pro on July 12th. After the first day I noticed that it had gained a minute. By the end of July I decided that it might need some attention. I E-Mailed Doxa and was contacted by Karin the next day, I ran a couple of simple tests for her. she then decided I needed to send it to Stoll for servicing. Karin guided me through the entire process. Stoll received it on the 14th and I got it back yesterday. COSC owners eat your hearts out. 32 hours after synching it to my atomic clock it has neither gained or lost one second. I can't say enough good things about Karin, Doxa and Stoll. I don't think there's an AD out there that could do better. The 1000T has replaced my 600T as my favorite watch and timekeeper ( the 600T gains about 2 sec. per day). The only difficult part about about the whole experience was that from the moment I adjusted the bracelet and put it on the 1000T became my favorite watch and it was hard to take it off my wrist and send it out. I'm now looking forward to ordering a DS next week. After that I don't think the rest of my collection is going to get much wrist time.

    Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Thermocompensation: Methods and Movements
      By hedrick in forum High Accuracy Quartz watches
      Replies: 46
      Last Post: 3 Weeks Ago, 20:00
    2. What's the accuracy of your Tissot(s) ?
      By Johnaeus in forum Tissot
      Replies: 358
      Last Post: February 17th, 2020, 20:17
    3. Replies: 8
      Last Post: August 4th, 2007, 02:03
    4. A question about Wave Ceptor frequency reception
      By Matty in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: January 30th, 2007, 11:25
    5. Thermocompensation: Methods and Movements
      By hedrick in forum Links & Articles
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: October 29th, 2006, 15:31

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •