1000T Timing Accuracy

Thread: 1000T Timing Accuracy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1000T Timing Accuracy

So how are the 1000Ts doing in accuracy? It looks like mine has gained 5 seconds in 3 days, with it being worn about half the time. Break-in? We don't need no stinkin' break-in!

Bill

Re: 1000T Timing Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Weldon View Post
    So how are the 1000Ts doing in accuracy? It looks like mine has gained 5 seconds in 3 days, with it being worn about half the time. Break-in? We don't need no stinkin' break-in!

Bill

That is quite impressive.........
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Mine is about the same. In 3 days it gain 5 sec.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I know this tread is about 1000T accuracy, but thought I'd chuck in a sideline on 600T accuracy. I reset my 600T Pro at the beginning of the month, and now 2 weeks in it is 20 seconds slow. Which isn't bad at all, I reckon.
    Simon

So, I have mine SUB 1000T 3rd week, worn almost daily and it running +11sec/day. After 2 weeks I reset it and after first day it gain +13sec/day. I was expecting little bit better accuracy, reading here about great results. I use www.zime.gov
    My question is what is the "acceptable" accuracy for SUB 1000T?
    Should I wait an improvment ?

Hi, koshko,

first question: Do you wear your watch under normal conditions? Or at sports or other outdoor things?

2st: The normal wear-in time (not burn-in like computers ) is minimum 6 weeks, better 8 - 10. Your wrist time is a little bit less for an judgment.

3rd: Acceptable? The "engine" is a good standard, named ETA 2824-2. Without the COSC certificate it should be run - normally - from 8 to 15 seconds per day. Less than 8 sec. are very rare but possible.

My advice: Please be patient and wait for min. 6 weeks and than post your further results.

BTW: mid of august I get a Sub 1000T, too. Than we can exchange our experiences.

cheers from germany
    U2inSpe

Quote Originally Posted by koshko View Post
    So, I have mine SUB 1000T 3rd week, worn almost daily and it running +11sec/day. After 2 weeks I reset it and after first day it gain +13sec/day. I was expecting little bit better accuracy, reading here about great results. I use www.zime.gov
    My question is what is the "acceptable" accuracy for SUB 1000T?
    Should I wait an improvment ?
    I'd give it at least 5 or 6 weeks of regular use before even thinking about having it adjusted........

Paul

Mine is running about +12sec/24hr, but i have not worn it alot since I received it, I fully expect it will "settle down" over the next several weeks.

Best, Mike W.
    NAWCC Member

"All my possessions for a moment of time" - Queen Elizabeth I

Currently: Panerai, Omega, Rolex, Ball, Muhle Glashutte, Laco, Ocean7, Doxa, Bathys, and one or two others .

Cool Re: 1000T Timing Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by U2inSpe View Post
    Hi, koshko,

first question: Do you wear your watch under normal conditions? Or at sports or other outdoor things?

2st: The normal wear-in time (not burn-in like computers ) is minimum 6 weeks, better 8 - 10. Your wrist time is a little bit less for an judgment.

3rd: Acceptable? The "engine" is a good standard, named ETA 2824-2. Without the COSC certificate it should be run - normally - from 8 to 15 seconds per day. Less than 8 sec. are very rare but possible.

My advice: Please be patient and wait for min. 6 weeks and than post your further results.

BTW: mid of august I get a Sub 1000T, too. Than we can exchange our experiences.

cheers from germany
    U2inSpe
    Hi U2inSpe
    Thanx for your respond. It´s a great idea , we can share our experiences.
    I wear my Sub under a normal conditions as my 2nd watch, daily but not usually not more as 10 hours per day. I do some swimming , some sport but no any extremes. Let´s wait minimium 6 weeks, then I will see what ETA 2824-2 will do.

I received my 1000T Pro on July 12th. After the first day I noticed that it had gained a minute. By the end of July I decided that it might need some attention. I E-Mailed Doxa and was contacted by Karin the next day, I ran a couple of simple tests for her. she then decided I needed to send it to Stoll for servicing. Karin guided me through the entire process. Stoll received it on the 14th and I got it back yesterday. COSC owners eat your hearts out. 32 hours after synching it to my atomic clock it has neither gained or lost one second. I can't say enough good things about Karin, Doxa and Stoll. I don't think there's an AD out there that could do better. The 1000T has replaced my 600T as my favorite watch and timekeeper ( the 600T gains about 2 sec. per day). The only difficult part about about the whole experience was that from the moment I adjusted the bracelet and put it on the 1000T became my favorite watch and it was hard to take it off my wrist and send it out. I'm now looking forward to ordering a DS next week. After that I don't think the rest of my collection is going to get much wrist time.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information