1st Doxa.. Sub1000T Sharky

Thread: 1st Doxa.. Sub1000T Sharky

1st Doxa.. Sub1000T Sharky

Hello Everyone,

I've had my 1st Doxa, a Sub 1000T Sharkhunter, for a week now. I thought it was the perfect time. Yeah the sale got me. Anyways, it wasn't what I expected. I heard Doxa made great watches, but now I know first hand how great this watch really is! Just perfect. It's solid not only the end links but a pure solid superior dive/tool watch just by the way it feels, look, and work. I am very pleased, this one's definitely a keeper.

So before it came I pictured it with all white hands as presented on the website.. but it came with the Orange minute hand.. which I've grown to like now. I am wondering why this is, I thought Orange minute hands were limited. Any thoughts? White vs. Orange minute hand?

Also.. how to take care of this precious one.. cleaning etc.??

Thanks, all..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Seiko 6309-7049
    Seiko 7548-700B
    Squale 50 Atmos

Re: 1st Doxa.. Sub1000T Sharky

Congrats! Great piece you've got. Nothing special in terms of taking care of it--just rinse it off and dry it when it's dirty. If it's really dirty, a little liquid soap and maybe a soft-bristled toothbrush will keep you straight.
    Some watches...

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xedrig2006 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I've had my 1st Doxa, a Sub 1000T Sharkhunter, for a week now. I thought it was the perfect time. Yeah the sale got me. Anyways, it wasn't what I expected. I heard Doxa made great watches, but now I know first hand how great this watch really is! Just perfect. It's solid not only the end links but a pure solid superior dive/tool watch just by the way it feels, look, and work. I am very pleased, this one's definitely a keeper.

So before it came I pictured it with all white hands as presented on the website.. but it came with the Orange minute hand.. which I've grown to like now. I am wondering why this is, I thought Orange minute hands were limited. Any thoughts? White vs. Orange minute hand?

Also.. how to take care of this precious one.. cleaning etc.??

Thanks, all..
    Congrats on a fine watch.

As far as an orange minute hand on a 1000T, that's a new one for us around here. Just like with the 750T, DOXA must have decided to change from white to orange to increase popularity. I think it looks great both ways.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats! Orange minute hand looks great. Mine says hello..

Still undecided whether to buy a professional or a divingstar while they're still on sale or pre-order the searambler

1000 with an orange minute hand?!? THAT's the PERFECT Sharkhunter! I never knew it existed.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

Thanks everyone for the inputs! Now it's time to take this one into the deep..
    Pipers - all white hands look nice as well..
    ...now orange or silver face.. hmmm must have orange..
    Thanks again!

Seiko 6309-7049
    Seiko 7548-700B
    Squale 50 Atmos

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Very cool. congrats on the first orange handed 1000T Sharky seen here on the Forum! I like both too, but my preference is for the orange minute hand, makes it "pop" a bit more IMHO. My 750T is the same way (actually, most are- though the "White Sharks" became somewhat sought after with the change over- variety is good!).
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Congrats on the new SUB 1000T. I like diver's watches with different colored and contrasting hands. I think it lends aid to a watches primary function - to look cool. Also it can make it easier to quickly read the time if you are into that sort of thing.

Interesting. Congrats on your new piece.

Thread Information