2019 300T mini review... - Page 2
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: 2019 300T mini review...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: 2019 300T mini review...

Great unbiased review! Thank you.
    ..........never cheer before you know who is winning.........

Quote Originally Posted by jcohen View Post
    Great review. With all of the Doxa options out there, I am really struggling to find the right model and year. A few questions.
    This was purchased new off the website?
    Are the beads fused on the bracelet or does each move freely?
    Does this have the same movement as the 1200?
    Why did you choose this as opposed to a gently used older version?
    Thanks
    Purchased from an authorised dealer in the UK, afaik you cant order direct from the website if you're outside the US.

They're individual beads.

Yep, it uses the same ETA 2824-2 as was used in the 1200T.

I was 50/50 between this and an older model (originally looking at a 2002/3 seahunter 300t), in the end I went for a new watch because i actually plan to dive with it, I'm always a bit wary of taking a used diver in the water. Plus, owning the watch from new, in 20yrs time, I can look back at every scratch and scuff on the watch and each will tell a story.
    dan13rla and Formula1980 like this.

Im so torn about this watch. I'd like to buy one but I keep reading stuff like this:

Poor quality, bezel slides up and down making a clicking noise, bracelet is really shoddily made, so much play on some links it’s clearly not even checked for quality, clasp makes a clicking noise when lightly pressed but apparently it’s all ‘within spec’!
    One guy complained about the long endlinks that go past the lugs. Someone complained about the new too high caseback...

Can I ask what's your take on these issues? Thanks!
    Current lineup:
    Doxa Sub 1000T "Sharkhunter" (COSC)
    Tudor Pelagos // Blue
    Halios Seaforth (Gen 3) // Sunburst grey + fixed bezel

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dan13rla View Post
    Im so torn about this watch. I'd like to buy one but I keep reading stuff like this:

One guy complained about the long endlinks that go past the lugs. Someone complained about the new too high caseback...

Can I ask what's your take on these issues? Thanks!
    Well, for the quote, I can only say, mine doesnt exhibit any of these issues, i guess a bad one could have slipped through QC though.

Yes the endlinks do stick out beyond the lugs, but they also do on the 1200t, the 1500t and the 4000t, its not an issue to me, just part of the design.

The caseback seems about the same as the only other doxa I've tried on (1200t), it's certainly not flat, but doesnt make the watch sit too high on the wrist, at least not for my taste.

Name:  20200107_100410.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  2.76 MB
    Name:  20200107_100422.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  2.60 MB

Absolutely no idea why the forum keeps posting my images upside down, i literally just rotated that bottom pic 180 degrees and re-uploaded, and the forum still flips it around!
    perfectlykevin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders_Flint View Post
    Well, for the quote, I can only say, mine doesnt exhibit any of these issues, i guess a bad one could have slipped through QC though.

Yes the endlinks do stick out beyond the lugs, but they also do on the 1200t, the 1500t and the 4000t, its not an issue to me, just part of the design.

The caseback seems about the same as the only other doxa I've tried on (1200t), it's certainly not flat, but doesnt make the watch sit too high on the wrist, at least not for my taste.
    Thank you for the answers! One more question: can I ask, what's your wrist size? Your 300T seem to sit really well on your wrist (and it looks damn good!) so I think Im going to pull the trigger on a 300T Searambler... :)
    Current lineup:
    Doxa Sub 1000T "Sharkhunter" (COSC)
    Tudor Pelagos // Blue
    Halios Seaforth (Gen 3) // Sunburst grey + fixed bezel

Quote Originally Posted by dan13rla View Post
    Thank you for the answers! One more question: can I ask, what's your wrist size? Your 300T seem to sit really well on your wrist (and it looks damn good!) so I think Im going to pull the trigger on a 300T Searambler... :)
    My wrist is 17.2cm (or a hair under 7 inches).

As for the issues others have mentioned, I'd read those too and was a little concerned, if my watch had arrived showing any of the issues with rattling bracelets or poorly fitting bezels I wouldnt have hesitated to return it. I hope, if you do purchase, yours turns out to be a good one too :)
    dan13rla likes this.

Thanks for the pics and write up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great set of pics! Thank you! I need to recover from being Santa Claus before I pick up one of these new Sharkhunters.
    Omar Montaño

"The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish" - Jacques-Yves Cousteau

Got my new - and first - Doxa today. The issue with the 300t bracelet as far as I can see depends on the size of your wrist - if you have a normal/ large wrist the rounded edge of the end link (which is wider than the lug width) sit against the case , the top of the end link sits angled aligned with the case profile and looks good. If you have a small wrist - like me - then the rounded edge of the end link sits almost facing up and looks a little strange, not matching the case at all. The watch itself is great and, although bracelets don't agree with me, it looks and fees solid with a good weight - bar the end lug issue. Excuse the poor pic taken in a hurray today.

Name:  doxa.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  108.9 KB
    Anders_Flint likes this.

Well, as an update after owning for 6 days, we have a bit of a problem.

The bezel has developed quite a bit of slack, it will move side to side by around 1/2mm which is really annoying and doesnt exactly feel secure anymore. I'm going to try and return, but given that it's been 6 days I doubt they'll agree to a refund.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information