2019 300T mini review... - Page 3
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: 2019 300T mini review...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: 2019 300T mini review...

Oh, man, that is such a disappointment. Can't say I ever heard of that happen with the Marei era SUBs. Certainly the later models had a rock solid bezel, so much so that you had to return it to remove them. The bezel design was changed for the Jenny SUBs. Lord knows what Jenny and his merry men did.

Push for the refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders_Flint View Post
    Well, as an update after owning for 6 days, we have a bit of a problem.

The bezel has developed quite a bit of slack, it will move side to side by around 1/2mm which is really annoying and doesnt exactly feel secure anymore. I'm going to try and return, but given that it's been 6 days I doubt they'll agree to a refund.

The bezel has developed quite a bit of slack, it will move side to side by around 1/2mm which is really annoying and doesnt exactly feel secure anymore. I'm going to try and return, but given that it's been 6 days I doubt they'll agree to a refund.
    Any chance for a video?
    nitron135 and Anders_Flint like this.

They should refund absolutely if that’s what you want.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWMT View Post
    Any chance for a video?
    I'll try and record some footage tomorrow. My best guess is that they've used a bezel spring that's too thin.

I'll try and record some footage tomorrow. My best guess is that they've used a bezel spring that's too thin.
    Are you thinking maybe one of the teeth broke? Very interested in a video now. Did you use it a bunch or was it right away?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingdoctor View Post
    Oh, man, that is such a disappointment. Can't say I ever heard of that happen with the Marei era SUBs. Certainly the later models had a rock solid bezel, so much so that you had to return it to remove them. The bezel design was changed for the Jenny SUBs. Lord knows what Jenny and his merry men did.

Push for the refund.
    What did they change in the bezel design?

Apologies for the grubby fingernails, I'd just finished work when I recorded this!
    If the vid looks blurry, try again in a while, its 4k footage but youtube can be a bit slow to process:

As you can see, it's not an issue of missing teeth, theres no slack in rotating the bezel at all, just lateral movement. It just feels as if the spring used is too small or too thin, leaving a poor fit (and me not feeling confident that it wont drop off when taken diving).

Theres no chance this has been damaged by me either, I've worn the watch 3 times, twice while at home watching tv, and once when me and my better half went for a meal, hardly activity that could lead to damage.

Granted, it could be just me being too fussy over the quality, but I've never known any other watch have quite that much play in the bezel, even my piece of junk £35 suunto doesnt have that much bezel wobble.
    Last edited by Anders_Flint; January 11th, 2020 at 10:22.

Apologies for the grubby fingernails, I'd just finished work when I recorded this!
    If the vid looks blurry, try again in a while, its 4k footage but youtube can be a bit slow to process:

As you can see, it's not an issue of missing teeth, theres no slack in rotating the bezel at all, just lateral movement. It just feels as if the spring used is too small or too thin, leaving a poor fit (and me not feeling confident that it wont drop off when taken diving).

Theres no chance this has been damaged by me either, I've worn the watch 3 times, twice while at home watching tv, and once when me and my better half went for a meal, hardly activity that could lead to damage.

Granted, it could be just me being too fussy over the quality, but I've never known any other watch have quite that much play in the bezel, even my piece of junk £35 suunto doesnt have that much bezel wobble.
    I really wish I hadn't seen this...just checked my 1500t and it too has some lateral play. I'm not sure I'd say it's .5mm but it's there though I have to push pretty hard to make it move. Not sure I'd say it's in issue but I have nothing to compare it to (like an older doxa). Bought back in Nov so far too late to return. 2yr warranty period so see what happens. With the exception of the painted crown and poor lume on the pip I've been quite pleased with it. If there is another Doxa in my life will likely look for pre2019 though.
    Last edited by bonemanGT; January 11th, 2020 at 13:12.

Quote Originally Posted by bonemanGT View Post
    I really wish I hadn't seen this...just checked my 1500t and it too has some lateral play. I'm not sure I'd say it's .5mm but it's there though I have to push pretty hard to make it move. Not sure I'd say it's in issue but I have nothing to compare it to (like an older doxa). Bought back in Nov so far too late to return. 2yr warranty period so see what happens. With the exception of the painted crown and poor lume on the pip I've been quite pleased with it. If there is another Doxa in my life will likely look for pre2019 though.
    I do hope it's not just me being too picky, I mean it's not like the bezel has fallen off, but as you can see from the vid, I'm not having to push very hard for it to move, and it does certainly take the shine off my new purchase.

If it's a "feature" of all modern Doxas then the retailer may not accept it as faulty, but hopefully since it was an online purchase I should still be able to return as I'm within the 14 day period.

It's a real shame since I love the watch!

Checked mine the day after I got it this week - and it has the exact same issue as yours and the others. The bezel has a slight rock and slight lateral movement - under 1mm or (as we say in the north east of Scotland) just a ba' hair. Have advised the AD and am returning it under warranty - will wait and see what transpires. Like the others there is no play in rotation. Have to say that I really like the watch and could live with the issue though obviously I want it better - not an issue I've had in any other makers' watch I've bought. Looks like Doxa have a definite issue here.....

Name:  doxa2.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  37.6 KBName:  doxa.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  108.9 KB
    Last edited by drumcairn; January 11th, 2020 at 17:57.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information