2019 300T mini review... - Page 7
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: 2019 300T mini review...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: 2019 300T mini review...

Just ordered a 300T Caribbean - sure hope it’s O.K.
    Anders_Flint likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    What they are describing (ball bearings/springs of some sort - almost a 'floating' style) does seem like some lateral and 'wobbly' movement would result, though the rotation action is fine - but why use such a system when the previous system was simple, worked well and had NO movement?? Would like to see a pic from Doxa of the system. Not heard back from my dealer yet but if it is down to design then they will all do it to a lesser or greater degree - in watchmaking terms almost 1mm of movement and rocking is a huge amount I'd say. If that is the case I will also go for the refund - would be worried it would get worse and/or break in the future.
    Last edited by drumcairn; 2 Days Ago at 15:30.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Post some pics when it arrives, not seen a Caribbean outside of promo shots yet!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just noticed they have moved the rubber strap option available date to 17th Feb, itís been moved about 6 weeks so far.

How hard is it to stick to a deadline for a rubber strap? Very worrying going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Just noticed they have moved the rubber strap option available date to 17th Feb, itís been moved about 6 weeks so far.

How hard is it to stick to a deadline for a rubber strap? Very worrying going forward.

FWIW, consider ordering with a bracelet and get rubber strap separate.. BOR is part of the Doxa charm.

The bezel play oh mine matches that of my SMPc. So thereís that. Neither bother me.

The tightest bezels Iíve seen are on Halios. Every watch is different.

2019 300T mini review...

Quote Originally Posted by nitron135 View Post
    FWIW, consider ordering with a bracelet and get rubber strap separate.. BOR is part of the Doxa charm.
    Got the Caribbean with BOR but the links are just too loose for me, on my second one but the flex on some links is bad.

The last links next to the watch head also hit the case back when flexed towards the watch which concerns me for long term wear.

Also it sits strangely on my wrist due to the longer end pieces, just canít get on with it.

Last edited by Pegasus; 15 Hours Ago at 11:19.

b2s

Doc, I believe the change from the rachet/click springs happened since the re-released 300T from the very beginning. I had gone through several of Doxas all from Marie made era and the bezel mechanism always are top notch (750T, 1000T, 1500T, 1200T, 600T-graph). I had used my these Doxas in the past for diving and knocked each and never an issue!!!

I still own one 750T and in 2019 bought the Sharkhunter Black Lung. By accident, many months ago (like June 2019) I got the bezel of this new 300T caught to the door and there was flying bezel in my living room. I was in total shock of how easy it was to come off like that.

I still have the broken spring that sent back from Doxa after the repair of which kudos to Doxa was free of charge including express shipping the watch back all the way from Swiss. I just am not sure where I place that spring or I would have posted the photo. Yes, the 300T released black lung has this type of bezel movement/play per the video. But it is very minimal and I never notice it until seeing this post. It rotates perfectly and rock solid, but I realize now the bezel isn't made like it was.

Anyhow, I checked my other dive watches of which 750T (rock solid), H2O watch (a little play similar to my Black Lung), Eterna Kontiki Super (rock solid, but not as good as 750T).

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingdoctor View Post
    If the Jenny DOXAs are indeed using ball bearings then this is a completely new bezel design from the Marei era watches. They all used the common ratchet / click springs.

Very quick test of Marei era 600T, 750T, 300, T-Graph, Rolex Submariner and Sea-Dweller show none to almost imperceptible movement. Breitling Superocean has more movement than any of my watches but uses a unique click ring design.

From an engineering point of view, the bezel slop / sideways movement is due to dimension / tolerance. As an example. Lets say outer dimension (OD) of bezel seat on case is 1 inch and inner dimension (ID) of the bezel is 2 inches. If centered there would be 0.5 inch gap each side with a possible sideways movement of 1 inch. Obviously these are silly numbers but it should illustrate what is going on. The ODs and IDs of the Marei era watches were very tight so any possible lateral movement would be less. I haven't seen the inner configuration of the Jenny DOXAs or the ball bearing arrangement to be able to comment on dimensions. The outer profile is different to the Marei Era 1200T .The only other watch that used a ball bearing click was the old Seiko Divers which has a hole with a spring and a small ball bearing seated on top of the spring.

Why Jenny would want to change a proven bezel design is anyone's guess unless someone at Jenny just fed a line of BS to the AD and it is really very poor machining of the bezel. Who knows?
    Last edited by b2s; 1 Hour Ago at 00:44.
    nitron135 and Flyingdoctor like this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread Information