300T back from refreshing

Thread: 300T back from refreshing

300T back from refreshing

Hi everybody here,
    this is one of my two Doxa Synchron 300T fished up in the bay last year, coming from a guy here in Germany who retired from diving. He purchased it around 1979/80. Could be one of the last of this type. Only used for diving, case, crystal and bracelet had a lot of scratches all over. I decided to let it have a little refreshing. It took quite a long time. A lot of problems were caused by fitting in a new sapphire crystal. But at the end everything went well as can be seen on the pics.
    Itís a European version with a metric bezel. So thereís no USD-logo. Itís ok for me, because Iím no friend of any kind of logos on a watchdial. I like to have a dial clear with minimum writing on. The movement is good running and keeps good time. Dial and hands are as new. Lume is still working good, but fades in short time because of the tritium-aging. The original-band has the wide DOXA-clasp, which was authentic to the latest Synchron-Subs. Flex-extensions are still strong. Crown not original.
    One speciality to my Sub: it features the big hour hand which is very rare to this type. (Thereís only one other I know, this belongs to Jason.)

refreshing done:
    movement cleaned and oiled
    new sapphire crystal
    case & bracelet slightly polished preserving the brushed surface
    new seals/gaskets
    watertightness tested for 10 bars (= 100m) minimum
    numbers on bezel repainted

Specifications of the movement:
    ETA2783
    18.000 bph
    quickset date
    non hacking

The last image shows my whole orange Doxa-family. The 300T on right side is the next for refreshing.

Thanks for looking
    Cheers
    Holger
    Attached Images Attached Images

Best Regards
    Holger
    ************************************************** ********************************************

ROLEX: Submariner 14060M ('03), Submariner 16610 ('91), Submariner 16800 ('85), Submariner 5513 ('79), Submariner 5513 ('64)
    OMEGA: Speedmaster Professional Mark IV ('73) Speedmaster Professional 125 ('73)
    DOXA: Sub 750T ('05), Sub 600T ('03), Sub 300T ('80), Sub 300T ('74), Sub 200 T.Graph ('70), Sub 300 noT ('67), Skindiver ('60)

Re: 300T back from refreshing

That looks really cool, almost brand new.

Holger,
    That is a masterpiece, Thank you for sharing. Mine says hello.....

Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Real beauty there! I can name two more with the large hour hand though..... mine, and Clive Cussler's original 300T.

Mine is not as nicely restored as yours, but it also carries a sapphire crystal, something I like about it very much.

Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Very nice

enjoy
    Cheers
    Peter D

ORIS DIVER SMALL SECOND S/S
    BREITLING SEAWOLF AVENGER
    S/S Black
    SEIKO ORANGE MONSTER
    NITE WATCH MX20
    CITIZEN ECO-DRIVE DEPTH METER CHRONOGRAPH

CITIZEN PROMASTER AQUALAND II
    CITIZEN PROMASTER AQUALAND II (my first diver)

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Real beauty there! I can name two more with the large hour hand though..... mine, and Clive Cussler's original 300T.

Mine is not as nicely restored as yours, but it also carries a sapphire crystal, something I like about it very much.

Hi T-Bone,
    good looking vintage. Only the original band is missing.
    I think the hands on Cusslers 300T were replaced. As you can see on the pic the tritium on hands and markers are aged different.
    Regards
    Holger
    Attached Images Attached Images

Best Regards
    Holger
    ************************************************** ********************************************

ROLEX: Submariner 14060M ('03), Submariner 16610 ('91), Submariner 16800 ('85), Submariner 5513 ('79), Submariner 5513 ('64)
    OMEGA: Speedmaster Professional Mark IV ('73) Speedmaster Professional 125 ('73)
    DOXA: Sub 750T ('05), Sub 600T ('03), Sub 300T ('80), Sub 300T ('74), Sub 200 T.Graph ('70), Sub 300 noT ('67), Skindiver ('60)

Thread Information