300T re-issue & 750T Sharkhunter (aka white shark) side by side. A lovely sight!

Thread: 300T re-issue & 750T Sharkhunter (aka white shark) side by side. A lovely sight!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

300T re-issue & 750T Sharkhunter (aka white shark) side by side. A lovely sight!

Quote Originally Posted by nin. View Post
    I'm telling you, this guy is unbelievable.
    But first, a little background info: Dimitris and I are both members of a Greek Horology online community, mywatch.gr. We are both nuts. For watches, that is, lol.
    We've met in person only a couple of times, mostly at GTGs or to have a cup of coffee. He lives about 500 kms away from where I live so meeting up with him more often is kind of difficult as you may gather. But we do talk over the phone.
    The other day, I confessed to Dimitris my lust for Doxa watches and how I would have liked to own a 300T re-issue but it had been very tough to spot one, etc., etc. ... which meant that I should resort to a 1000T or a 1200T instead, and how I was torn between those two but reluctant about the size and shape of the case, and so on and so forth.
    And then he goes: "Well, no worries, I own a 300T re-issue and a 750T; I'll mail them both to you, for you to put them on and compare them side by side". Dumbfounded I was.

To be continued ... (in a thread near you)

Indeed, the postie came today and delivered a package sent by Dimitris. I opened it up in awe and there they were. Eye candy.
    A Doxa Sub 300T re-issue and a 750T Sharkhunter (the one with the white minute hand).
    I want to thank Dimitris puplicly for being such a great person.
    Hats off to Dimitris!

Picture time!! A few Q&Ds.
    Which one of these two gems do I keep? (Sadly, 'both' is not an option).

Re: 300T re-issue & 750T Sharkhunter (aka white shark) side by side. A lovely sight!

On the wrist.
    The bracelets are unadjusted, but you get the idea.

Re: 300T re-issue & 750T Sharkhunter (aka white shark) side by side. A lovely sight!

750T looks better on you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I may get lambasted for this but I have never been a fan of the 300T Re-issue...if this had been the path that Doxa followed I would never have purchased one (or 6)! I do not like much about it, from the hands to the bracelet to the overall shape of the case. In fact the only thing I do like about it is the logo. I can appreciate the rarity but give the choice I would take the Sharkhunter...but I'm also not a fan of the White Shark, despite the rarity.
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

dear Harry keep the 300 and i will seriously consider the 750 for me

both look great on your wrist

p.s.
    Dimitris is a G R E A T guy

Giorgos
    Last edited by giorgos mg; March 22nd, 2010 at 16:32.

750T is much classier, IMO.
    "A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

Current Watches:
    AUDEMARS PIGUET - Royal Oak Jumbo
    OMEGA - Speedmaster Pro 3570.50
    ROLEX - GMT Master II 16710B
    ZENITH - Cronometro CP-2
    SINN - Bundeswehr 155 Dark Star
    LONGINES - Heritage Military 1938
    HEUER - Carrera Re-Edition of 1964 CS3110
    BALTIC- Aquascaphe Gilt Blue

Wow, that settles it. I've been going back and forth on what 750 model I want to add to the collection. White Shark it is!

Great snaps!
    DOXA Sub 1000T Caribbean, Seiko 6105, Omega Speedmaster .861, Seiko 6139, Marathon GSAR 06 Contract, Heuer "Siffert" Autavia, Rolex Submariner 16800, Rolex GMT Master 1675, Heuer "Viceroy" Autavia, Omega Speedmaster Mk II, Jaeger LeCoultre Memovox, Rolex Explorer I, Heuer Bundeswehr....and more.

The 300 re-issue in the best Doxa ever IMHO and in the opinion of many divers. Sits beautiful on the wrist hugs it nice and the bicycle chain bracelet is the best diving bracelet period. I have or had almost all the Doxa issued, vintage or modern, on my about 40 years of collecting watches and the 300 re-issue reigns king. I still have three re-issue in my treasure chest and I'm going to look to get back the ones I sold ! I sense a bit of sour grapes in here but guys don't knock down what you don't know!
    Just my2 cents!
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

Quote Originally Posted by romeo-1 View Post
    I may get lambasted for this but I have never been a fan of the 300T Re-issue...if this had been the path that Doxa followed I would never have purchased one (or 6)! I do not like much about it, from the hands to the bracelet to the overall shape of the case. In fact the only thing I do like about it is the logo. I can appreciate the rarity but give the choice I would take the Sharkhunter...but I'm also not a fan of the White Shark, despite the rarity.
    When I first got into Doxa, I felt this exact same way. Bicycle chain style bracelet was just funky and the case was strange overall. The look had to grow on me. Actually, what happened was a buddy got a 300T reissue Seahunter. Let me tell you...........Pictures just do not do that watch justice. It looks so good on the wrist. It is different than anything that a person has ever seen in a good way. I have gotten so many comments over the years regarding my 300T Reissue Pro. It is also INCREDIBLY comfortable.

I do like the 750T series, heck........I like all of them and own at least 1 example of each. (Well, I guess with the exception of the 600T reissue, and I never should have sold that one) I do believe that while the 300T reissue is unusual, it is an incredible watch..........not necessarily one that you love right off the bat, but give it time and you will learn to appreciate it.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

There's no accounting for taste really.
    To me, it was the very shape of the case and the style of the bracelet that got me hooked on the watch in the first place.
    The Sharkhunter will be sent back to Dimitris tomorrow.
    The 300T, on the other hand, is not going anywhere. Good times lie ahead.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information