5000 reasons to go shark hunting

Thread: 5000 reasons to go shark hunting

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

5000 reasons to go shark hunting

After eagerly tracking my parcel's FedEx voyage from Vienna to Paris, to Newark, NJ to Memphis, TN to Mississauga, Ontario and finally to my front door I received my new SUB5000T Sharkhunter today.

Buying a watch online and having never seen it in the flesh is a bit tricky. Kind of like buying a house based on a blue print. You can have an idea of what the finished product will look like but you're never really sure till you see the real thing. Thankfully forums like this with reviews and wristshots and discussions help a lot. Much thanks to those who have posted before me.

I must admit that the sale price did motivate me to pull the trigger when I probably wouldn't have otherwise. When I called DOXA I was told that I was buying the last 5000T Sharky in stock so I got in just under the wire. My criteria in shopping were 1. good movement 2. good lume 3. good depth rating and 4. a bit of style thrown in for good measure. This 5000T has delivered on all fronts. My initial impressions are that it is extremely well put together, the bracelet sturdy, and the lume, while perhaps not brilliant, is much better than average. I love the funky and chunky case and just the fact that it is not a common watch.

I can't wait to get it in the water and also take some better pics, but here are some camera-phone pics immediately out of the box.

Cheers,
    AJ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: 5000 reasons to go shark hunting

Congradulations ! wear it in good health

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Brown View Post
    After eagerly tracking my parcel's FedEx voyage from Vienna to Paris, to Newark, NJ to Memphis, TN to Mississauga, Ontario and finally to my front door I received my new SUB5000T Sharkhunter today.

Buying a watch online and having never seen it in the flesh is a bit tricky. Kind of like buying a house based on a blue print. You can have an idea of what the finished product will look like but you're never really sure till you see the real thing. Thankfully forums like this with reviews and wristshots and discussions help a lot. Much thanks to those who have posted before me.

I must admit that the sale price did motivate me to pull the trigger when I probably wouldn't have otherwise. When I called DOXA I was told that I was buying the last 5000T Sharky in stock so I got in just under the wire. My criteria in shopping were 1. good movement 2. good lume 3. good depth rating and 4. a bit of style thrown in for good measure. This 5000T has delivered on all fronts. My initial impressions are that it is extremely well put together, the bracelet sturdy, and the lume, while perhaps not brilliant, is much better than average. I love the funky and chunky case and just the fact that it is not a common watch.

I can't wait to get it in the water and also take some better pics, but here are some camera-phone pics immediately out of the box.

Cheers,
    AJ
    AJ,

Congrats on a very nice Sharkhunter.

One thing that I'm curious about, is your statement regarding the lume. Which watch(or watches)do you feel have better lume than the 5000T?

The reason I ask, is with a good charge, I can use the 5000T to navigate a dark room, read a map in the dark, or read text in the dark. It's like snapping a small chem-light...it's bright.

Needless to say I'm impressed with the 5000T, but if there's something brighter, I'd be curious to know about it.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    AJ,

Congrats on a very nice Sharkhunter.

One thing that I'm curious about, is your statement regarding the lume. Which watch(or watches)do you feel have better lume than the 5000T?

The reason I ask, is with a good charge, I can use the 5000T to navigate a dark room, read a map in the dark, or read text in the dark. It's like snapping a small chem-light...it's bright.

Needless to say I'm impressed with the 5000T, but if there's something brighter, I'd be curious to know about it.
    Hey Ty,

I haven't worn one overnight, but I get the sense from other forum members doing comparison shots etc. that the Omega Planet Ocean is exceptional. I also have some experience with Lum-Tec watches and they are outstanding as well. If you've experienced otherwise (particularly with regards to the PO) I'd love to hear your observations. As I mentioned, one of my top priorities in selecting this watch was that it has good lume and I'm certainly not disappointed. I can tell already that the hands and markers will be visible all night long.

Just took this lume shot (not bad for the camera phone!) and clearly the lume is NOT a weak point for this watch, but I just didn't feel comfortable saying it was "the best".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Haven't had any opportunity to do any in person tests, but from what I've seen and read of others, I do feel confident in saying the lume is at least one of the best.

AJ, congrats on the Supershark, still my favorite of the 5000T, and one is destined for my watch box in the not too distant future!

BTW, those camera phone shots just keep getting better and better!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

That's a really sharp looking watch! Take care of it and wear it well :)
    DOXA Sub 1200T NUMA 01/50

Saving the world one block of C-4 at a time!
    EOD is more than a job in the military. It's a lifestyle.

Congrats on a great piece. I think the PO and the 5000t are neck and neck and both only slightly below a Seiko MM300 but all in all those 3 watches are the best lume I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by 72hotrod View Post
    HEY AJ,

How long did it take to receive your watch? How long before you got an email with the tracking number? I ordered a 5000 pro and am a little anxious!
    I called the toll free number because I wanted to make sure it could arrive before a trip I'm taking at the end of next week. They shipped it on a Thursday and it arrived the following Tuesday.

Thanks!

I guess I'm just a little impatient. Not too much excites me, but I'm like a kid at Christmas!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information