5000T 1st thoughts

Thread: 5000T 1st thoughts

5000T 1st thoughts

OK, watch arrived, sized it and then took my daughter to the movies… I spent most of the time in the movie looking at the watch and admiring it. 1st thoughts are it’s amazing, very well made, worth every penny of the “returning customer $” I especially love the adjustable bracelet; for me my wrist swells throughout the day so I am always fusing with my watches, trying to have it sit right, it is either too lose or too tight. With this new bracelet, all you have to do is click it open a notch (expand) and then push it shut as needed….. very well thought out, very easy. I was not sure that I would like the sliver hands, but after wearing it a tad, they grow on you, and the lum; top notch, very bright, amazingly bright.

Now, there is one small issue I have, and it is SMALL. For whatever reason, and there are a few I can think of, the face looks smaller then my 750T pro, as I don’t have a micrometer to measure it, all I can do is assume that it is the same as the 750T Pro.

Ok, will stop writing and let you see a couple photos of this beauty. One other thing, the whole time I was in the movies, admiring this watch all I could think about is should I use my returning customer discount and purchase another 5000T; that’s how much I love this thing….. Just incase it was not clear above. John

DOXA forum moderator

Re: 5000T 1st thoughts

Hi, you caught one of those small details, yes the dial of the SUB5000T looks smaller, and resembles the proportions of the original SUB, more than that of the SUB750T, although physically the same size as the SUB750. This was made possible by using larger indexes and moving them towards the center.

Rick

Nice write up, John, and thank you for the photos! I'm looking forward to getting mine on Monday, and I'll be testing it on a dive next weekend.

Cheers,

Avi

"Individuals fail.
    Teams succeed."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA S.A. View Post
    Hi, you caught one of those small details, yes the dial of the SUB5000T looks smaller, and resembles the proportions of the original SUB, more than that of the SUB750T, although physically the same size as the SUB750. This was made possible by using larger indexes and moving them towards the center.

Rick
    Thanks Rick.... Thought I might need to get my glasses renewed. all-in-all, love the watch, especially the way the color of the hands/indexes appear to change color based on the lighting in the room... Can't keep my eyes off this thing. Also love the slightly darker shade of orange that was used for this model.. John

Thread Information