5000t #83

Thread: 5000t #83

5000t #83

My son picked up the 5000T Pro at FedEx last Saturday while I was flying back from Phoenix.
    My hideously complex "Plan Orange" for minimizing spousal involvement in the delivery was scrapped due to the trip.

Fortunately, Jupiter must have been aligned with Mars because this magnificent timepiece made it into my house and onto my wrist without a hitch.
    No threatened divorce. Not even a customs delay. Yes, there is a Santa Claus.

Everything Dr. Pete said about this watch is true. The beautiful face is enhanced by the domed crystal. Tremendous visual impact.
    The thicker case is awsome, as is the bracelet. The 2892 seems very accurate. In total, an elegant package.

My thanks to Doxa for an extraordinarily beautiful watch.

BTW, the bracelet tool was a real time saver and scratch preventer. Double head screws in a bracelet can be a major PITA. The tool makes adjustment quite simple - but not foolproof.

After the DS GMT purchase, I knew there had to be an orange Doxa in my future. The time between seeing the first photos of the 5000T and my pre-order was a matter of minutes. The actual watch is far sweeter than the pictures ever showed.

Am I delighted, or what?

Happy holidays to each of you!
    Last edited by jburson250; December 18th, 2007 at 04:10.
    Jim in NH

Re: 5000t #83

Jim,
    Sorry to hear that "Plan Orange" wasn't utilized. I have hopes to use a similar plan in the future. Glad you like the new 5000T. I have never been a fan of the domed crystal, but it looks SWEEET on the 5000T. And I agree, the watch looks WAY better in person than it does in any picture that I have seen. Doc Pete's pics are always legendary, but even his pictures don't do this watch justice.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Jim,

health to enjoy that 5000T. Just for Jason, here's another of those maybe not so legendary shots

I'll call it....and out of the gloom, came........

Pete

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Peter Millar View Post
    Jim,

health to enjoy that 5000T. Just for Jason, here's another of those maybe not so legendary shots

I'll call it....and out of the gloom, came........

Pete

Pete...I was on the fence about the 5000T...until JUST NOW! That pic did it for me!!!

On a different note, like most of you with more than one Doxa, I had been rotating them, until last week...not really sure what happened, but my original Doxa, the 600T Dirk Pitt, hasn't come off my wrist since then. I have even picked up a few of the others just to put them back down again...very strange...maybe I am just meant for the Orange...who knows??

Sorry for the ramble...just tired I guess.

Now, off to take pictures to post on the sales forum...gotta generate funds for the 5000T somehow !!!

See ya in the funny pages!

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by JBernstein View Post

Now, off to take pictures to post on the sales forum...gotta generate funds for the 5000T somehow !!!

See ya in the funny pages!

Jeremy
    Funny pages or Funny Farm? The quest for the orange beast leads us to do irrational things at times.

Bo

Thread Information