5000T bracelet sizing

Thread: 5000T bracelet sizing

5000T bracelet sizing

Any tips on removing links before I scratch it?
    Will I need to heat the links or do the screws come out easily?
    Also, are you finding that you remove the same number of links as in your other Doxa bracelets?
    Thanks,

Bill

Re: 5000T bracelet sizing

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Any tips on removing links before I scratch it?
    Will I need to heat the links or do the screws come out easily?
    Also, are you finding that you remove the same number of links as in your other Doxa bracelets?
    Thanks,

Bill
    Hi Bill,

I'll answer this in reverse - I removed the same amount of links in each (3) but I find that the fit is different. The 750 sat much looser on my wrist with 3 links out compared to the 5000T, which is a good fit, but occasionally I'll use the ratcheting bracelet to loosen it a tad. I'm curious to see come summer how much I'll need to use that feature, as my wrist tends to swell when I'm warm and active.

As for removing the links - it took some practice, but the tool the watch comes with does make a big difference. I never worry about scratching my watches, so it didn't bug be when I dinged it the first couple of tries. I'd follow the recommendation someone posted not too long ago - apply tape along the sides of the bracelet and just punch through the holes with the screwdriver, that way you won't bang up the bracelet.

As for getting the screws out m recommendation, once you get the hang of the sizing tool, is to push in with the screwdriver. I found that if I didn't apply inward pressure on the screw then the driver would slip off and you run the risk of stripping the heads. Push in firmly and rotate firmly, and they should loosen up. At least, that's been my experience.

Also, keep an eye out for the end piece of the screw - it is small and easy to lose if you're not careful!

Hope that helps,

Avi

"Individuals fail.
    Teams succeed."

Re: 5000T bracelet sizing

Thanks Avi,

I will start by taking out one less link.
    Info much appreciated.

Bill

Thread Information