5000T Caribbean

View Poll Results: Caribbean 5000T with orange or no?

Voters
30. This poll is closed
  • Caribbean Blue dial with orange minute and second hand

7 23.33%
  • Caribbean Blue dial without orange minute and second hand

3 10.00%
  • Caribbean Blue dial with orange minute and second hand, and "Seaconquerer" in orange as well

19 63.33%
  • Caribbean Blue dial without any orange at all

1 3.33%

Thread: 5000T Caribbean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

5000T Caribbean

Just my interest in the Caribbean version of this watch. I always wanted to see a HRV equiped Doxa with the Caribbean dial with helmet logo and orange minute and second hands. I am sure others might also agree? With the new dials having the writing at the 12 and 6 positions the helmet logo may not be possible. However I still think orange minute and second hands, and maybe even 'Seaconquerer' in orange might be of interest. I still wish this watch were smaller, but that's a done deal. At least maybe there could be a color change.
    Regards,

TKite
    Commercial Diver

Baume & Mercier Capeland S XXL, 3300ft/1000m
    Zinex Trimix, 6600ft/2000m
    Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, 3300ft/1000m
    Tissot Seastar 1000, 1000ft/300m
    Seiko Land Monster 660ft/200m
    Seiko "pepsi", 660ft/200m
    Timex Humvee, 660ft/200m

Re: 5000T Caribbean

Quote Originally Posted by TKite View Post
    With the new dials having the writing at the 12 and 6 positions the helmet logo may not be possible.
    I really think a Logo would actually work quite well, but it would have to be placed a little differently than before. Centered at the 9 O'clock position might look fantastic. You guys that are whizzes with photoshop...........Give it a try??
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Might need to remind you guys though, the helmet logo was done on limited edition watches (100 and 250) that were a tribute to the Sea Hunters. Then again, I've already posted I thought we were overdue for another Sea Hunter tribute watch!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    I really think a Logo would actually work quite well, but it would have to be placed a little differently than before. Centered at the 9 O'clock position might look fantastic. You guys that are whizzes with photoshop...........Give it a try??
    Nice idea Jason haven´t thought about that position.
    Let´s see some photoshop mockup.

TKITE: What do you think about orange chromed hands ? Chrome with an orange shimering.

TBONE: Maybe a PADI Logo ?

Regards Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by BERNIE View Post
    Nice idea Jason haven´t thought about that position.
    Let´s see some photoshop mockup.

TKITE: What do you think about orange chromed hands ? Chrome with an orange shimering.

TBONE: Maybe a PADI Logo ?

Regards Bernie
    No, no orange chromed hands... I like the ones on the original caribbean. Also no PADI logo. Sorry guys but my sport diving organization is NAUI and we always joked about "PADI" - Put Another Dollar In. Remember this is 'supposed' to be a Commercial watch, not recreational.
    Regards,

TKite
    Commercial Diver

Timex Humvee, 660ft/200m

No worrys on the logo, if they do one with PADI, I'm sure it'd be some type of special edition (and IMHO, more likely on the 1000T- And yes, if the logo were round, and on a Pro, I'd buy it!).

The hands for the Caribbean would most likely be silver (Bernie, rather than chromed, I believe they are polished stainless steel, so color is unlikely).

While the SS is not everyones first choice, I don't think Doxa intends to do the ala cart route for ordering (as does Stowa), so the hands will probably be as they will be. Polished SS would work quite well with Caribbean Blue I think. Only color I can't imagine them with is a Searambler. JMHO, YMMV.
    Regards, T Bone.

Quote Originally Posted by TKite
    Sorry guys but my sport diving organization is NAUI and we always joked about "PADI" - Put Another Dollar In.
    I've got a NAUI card, as well as PADI. But most of my certifications are with SSI, can you imagine the jokes for them? I remember two instructors on the boat, one who became my NAUI ice diving instructor. They both taught a swift water course and were trying to recruit me. The SSI instructor says, "Leave him alone. He wants a "sissy" card". Yeah.... sissy certified, etc. etc.....
    Regards, T Bone.

TKITE,

the orange chrome was just an idea to have something which would match the stainless-steel / chromelooking indices & hands.
    If Doxa decides to go the oldschool coloured way with white hour hand and orange minute, second hand that´s fine for me too.
    I think even the stainless steel would look good but I always prefer a small splash of colour that makes the watch a bit more intresting.
    Regarding the Logo, I don´t care if it is PADI, NAUI, NUMA, SH as long as it looks good but I can understand you T that you prefer the Logo of your divers association.

The problem with the Logo´s is that today we (the customers) want a Logo on the Dial and Doxa has first to check (copyright issues) if they are allowed to use it and sell the watch to us.

In the past the Dive Companies contracted Doxa to make them a Version of the SUB 300T for example with their Logo to sell these watches to their customers.

That´s something different.

Today I believe Doxa would have to pay a licenses fee if they want to use a Logo or have to agree to some Crossmarketing or Joint-Venture.

By the way maybe some photoshop Guru can make a few different mockups with the options of the hands above.

Regards Bernie
    Last edited by BERNIE; November 12th, 2007 at 19:44.

I can't see why Doxa, considering the company is now entering the retail chain, should apply some organization's logo on the dial. I know a lot of you would like to see various logos, but just don't think it will happen now with the introduction of the Seaconqueror and planned distribution through ADs.

I am perfectly happy with just the Doxa logo on the dial. However, orange hour hand would be a plus.

They ought to do a NUMA logo if they go with a logo rather than a helmet. Or nothing at all. Depends on how it would look on the dial really.
    Regards,

TKite
    Commercial Diver

Timex Humvee, 660ft/200m

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information