5000T ? from a new guy

Thread: 5000T ? from a new guy

5000T ? from a new guy

Hi all,I own a 750T COSC, and am looking hard at the new 5000.

Since this one was to be the "dream Doxa", why no COSC certificate?

Is a COSC version planned?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Reply by DOXA
    Hi, the SUB5000T COSC is on its way, please stay tuned for an update

DOXA S.A.
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; December 27th, 2007 at 17:12.

Re: 5000T ? from a new guy

Probably because COSC certification would cost and extra $200-$400, and really doesn't change anything for most people. The COSC certifies the movement as tested, and there is no guarantee that it will remain in spec over time. Additionally all of my Doxa watches ran within COSC specs anyway. The "Ultimate" Doxa was in regards to what members wanted, COSC didn't make it, although it doesn't mean that a COSC version won't come out later. COSC models always came out after the initial model..
    Last edited by obie; December 25th, 2007 at 15:34.

Warren is exactly correct. There is a COSC version planned for the future, but it is not available just yet. Most of the reports are that the non-COSC models are between 1-2 sec / day accurate. This does fall into COSC spec, so it seems that most will be more than satisfied with the non-COSC model. Incidentally, the certification is only valid until the case is opened. Then it must be re-certified. Personally, I am not much interested in the COSC. I only have 1 COSC Doxa, but most of my others run within spec. Not worth the extra money, I don't believe. NOW, the 1000T COSC IS worth the extra money, but only because it has the logo

Just my 2c
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by shuter View Post
    Hi all,I own a 750T COSC, and am looking hard at the new 5000.

Since this one was to be the "dream Doxa", why no COSC certificate?

Is a COSC version planned?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Don't buy a COSC as you won't get your money back.

You can pick up a mint 750 Pro for $1150 -- $1300. There is someone "attempting" to sell a COSC verison for today's asking price of $2000. It's also posted on the bay.

My 750s run COSC specs and I don't have to spend hundreds more for a peice of paper that says so.

I could not agree more. The COSC cert is not worth the piece of paper it is printed on. I have had several Doxas go through my hands and all have been well within COSC cert.

My current 5000T is running two seconds slow a day.
    Thanks Nick

Hi All,

Will the new 5000T COSC be available in both Pro and Sharkhunter versions?

Personally, I do agree that the regular production models of Doxa watches are well within my comfort zone for an automatic watch, and if I felt compelled for more accuracy I'd go quartz.

Having said that, since horology is both a science and an art, IMHO there are different reasons for watch enthusiasts/horologists wanting a COSC watch, not just for a printed certification of accuracy.

As an example, for the 750T it was my understanding that the COSC watches used the Top/Chronometer grade, while the regular production models used the Elaborated grade. Is this true for the 5000Ts?

I do own just one COSC watch. I did not buy it for increased accuracy, I purchased it because I wanted a Swiss COSC watch with the Top/Chronometer grade ETA movement, as well as other horological reasons. I do not see owning a COSC watch as any kind of slight of a regular production or Elaborated grade model.

--Keith

b2s

If you buy it for time accuracy, COSC would not worth the extra. I prefer COSC over non COSC due to its rarity (much more limited), higher grade movement and exclusivity (such as the logo). I hope that we can do something with Sub750T. May be Doxa would allow us who own Sub750T COSC to send it back and get the logo stamped at our cost Anyhow, I am patiently awaiting the update and the release of Sub5000T COSC

I do feel that the logo and the text (perhaps Certified Chronometer would be more than enough) on Sub1000T COSC is just a bit too big for my liking. Otherwise, I would get one already.

I hope to see much better well balance (personal preference here), yet clean dial for Sub5000T COSC. Just my 2 cents. I would not mind leaving it the way it is, but put logo on the case back, add painted hands (minute and tip of second) or move date wheel to 6 o'clock position. So many possibilities, but I have a lot of faith in Doxa

Thread Information