5000T Professional with Zulu band knockoff

Thread: 5000T Professional with Zulu band knockoff

5000T Professional with Zulu band knockoff

Since that the Maratac Zulu band is too thick to fit through the 5000T's cross bars, I've found a knockoff strap that's made out of much thinner nylon. It's called Australian Outback Safety Wrap Strap (Trident Item# WA53), made by a company called Aquacraft. I think that it was measured 15" long. Plenty long enough for heavy wetsuits and drysuits. I actually had to trim about 2" off. http://tridentdive.com/watch.pdf

This strap isn't even close to the Zulu strap when it comes to quality of fit and finish. The holes are drilled haphazardly, the stitching is ugly and uneven, even the buckles are crooked and deformed. However, it does fit and at least should be strong enough for recreational diving, and I can always buy a new strap to replace it at first sign of threads unraveling.

Very tight fit though. I had to remove the cross pins, placed the straps and then screwed the cross pins back in again. Anyway, at least my baby is now diveable and I'm going to take her to the ocean this Saturday. Sorry for the bad photos, but I was so excited that the strap fitted and took some photos immediately.

The silent world awaits.

Doxa 5000T Professional, 5000T Caribbean, 1000T Divingstar COSC, 4000T Sapphire Pro

Re: 5000T Professional with Zulu band knockoff

If you still have your zulu try cutting the end in a V, heat/ melt with lighter and tap/ smash with hammer and feed it through and pull. Once strapped you can recut and heat end. it worked for Me. In my other thred the Orange one is a Zulu. It can be done.

Ray
    300T Divingstar
    5000T COSC Sharkhunter

1000T COSC Pro
    200T Nymph
    1200T Searambler
    Lumi Nox 3600
    Seiko 7n36-7a09
    Tag Heuer Professional
    Jules Jurgensen 6355 (my 1st diver)

Re: 5000T Professional with Zulu band knockoff

The band seems to work pretty well. Better than I thought considering that the quality is rather blah when compared to a true Zulu band.

The silent world awaits.

Doxa 5000T Professional, 5000T Caribbean, 1000T Divingstar COSC, 4000T Sapphire Pro

Thread Information