5000T on Rubber - Photos

Thread: 5000T on Rubber - Photos

5000T on Rubber - Photos

OK chaps, here they are. Quite a number of people emailed and PMed me for these. I haven't done therm until now because I couldn't remove the bracelet on the 5000T. It was locktited in tighter than a duck's arse. I scored the case twice in my attempts at unscrewen the pins. They are a bugger to get off if you don't have the right tools. Don't even think about doing it with 2 screwdrivers. I had an even bigger trouble because one of the pins was actually loctited into the lug holes and when I had managed to remove the screw I needed a hammer and thin screwdriver to drive the pin out.

BUT, PLEASE REMEMBER, MINE IS A PROTOTYPE AND IT HAD DONE A FEW ROUNDS WITH THE TESTING BOYS SO DON'T BE PUT OFF BY MY EXPERIENCE.

The things I do for you guys.... ha, ha, ha

In the end I bought a wee tool and filed and hacked it to fit and bingo off it came. Those of you who get the free tool from Doxa are blessed because sizing the bracelet and changing it should be a breeze..... but just be careful.......

Anyway to answer the questions. Yes the 750T rubber strap fits.....with the pins... but not the 5000T screws. I may have been able to make it fit but it would have taken far too much force and I'm sure I would have stabbed myself in the hand....again. So I just put the straps on with the 750T pins to take the photos. Yes the strap fits but it is unwearable like that because it would fall off. I'm sure Doxa will release a specific strap.

The 750T and T-Graph bracelets also fit. The T-Graph endlinks are a better size with less of a gap at the top but both are flush with the case. Again I put them on with the T-Graph pins as the 5000T screws would not go through the endlinks.

Hope thew pics answer the questions.

Pete

Last edited by Flyingdoctor; December 14th, 2007 at 02:24.

Re: 5000T on Rubber - Photos

And before anyone asks. Here they are. Both pin and screw have a slot in the head.

Pete

So, that means that the 5000T lug spacing is also 21mm like the 750T? I thought Doxa went back to 20mm like the 1000T?
    Best Regards,
    Ray K

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Dr. Millar, I think if u order the 5000t it comes with a rubber strap. I would assume it is a strap that fits the 5000t screws and not just the 750t straps. Great pics like always!
    Doxa 5000t Sharkhunter
    Omega Seamaster
    Doxa GMT Sharkhunter
    Tissot T-touch

Quote Originally Posted by Ray K View Post
    So, that means that the 5000T lug spacing is also 21mm like the 750T? I thought Doxa went back to 20mm like the 1000T?
    Ray, they are 21mm. i initially thought they were 22mm but 22mm would have made the ends of the case very thin and destroyed the look in my opinion. 21mm is perfect from an aesthetic point of view, again, in my opinion.

Pete

That looks WICKED on the orange strap

D.

Re: 5000T on Rubber - largest wrist size?

Excellent look...

What's the largest wrist size that the rubber will fit?

My forum search skills have failed me...alas...

thanks!

Re: 5000T on Rubber - largest wrist size?

Pete, now that you have had a little time to wear and try out the 5000T..........Is it a keeper??
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Thread Information