5000T in Watchtime magazine

Thread: 5000T in Watchtime magazine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

5000T in Watchtime magazine

Just got home from Canada.. whoooo filthy night to fly. Transited in Minneapolis and while waiting I saw a December edition of Watchtime mag in one of the waiting lounge shops. On page 58 there is a 3/4 page introduction to the new 5000T with a couple of photos. As I looked closer at the photos I suddenly realized that they are of both my Conquistadors..... hot diggidy dog. It was so cool I'm just standing there grinning like an idiot and wanting to tell someone that I own both these watches and not just one of a series but 1 of 1 for the new one and 1 of 2 for the vintage. Man, talk about a buzz. Right up there with seeing pictures of the book in the magazines previously. Kinda nice having a nanosecond of fame even when no-one but me knows about it

Pete

Re: 5000T in Watchtime magazine

Hey Pete

I saw that ad a few days ago. Nice little write up. I think the mag also had a 1000t ad as well, but I can't remember if it was another mag.

Any info to share about the pending 2007 tgraph? Things are pretty mum. :)

Regards
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Peter Millar View Post
    Just got home from Canada.. whoooo filthy night to fly. Transited in Minneapolis and while waiting I saw a December edition of Watchtime mag in one of the waiting lounge shops. On page 58 there is a 3/4 page introduction to the new 5000T with a couple of photos. As I looked closer at the photos I suddenly realized that they are of both my Conquistadors..... hot diggidy dog. It was so cool I'm just standing there grinning like an idiot and wanting to tell someone that I own both these watches and not just one of a series but 1 of 1 for the new one and 1 of 2 for the vintage. Man, talk about a buzz. Right up there with seeing pictures of the book in the magazines previously. Kinda nice having a nanosecond of fame even when no-one but me knows about it

Pete
    "Most people go their whole lives wondering if they've made a difference, U.S. Marines do not have that problem." - Former U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

Kinda nice having a nanosecond of fame even when no-one but me knows about it
    I think a few more folks than you know now. Congrats and Happy Thanksgiving!

Brad and Arielle

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Question Re: 5000T in Watchtime magazine

I'm just standing there grinning like an idiot and wanting to tell someone that I own both these watches and not just one of a series but 1 of 1 for the new one and 1 of 2 for the vintage.
    Pete, no disrespect meant and hopefully none taken, but I've seen a lot of new Doxas coming your way and I wondered if you were just reviewing them, buying them, or being given them for free by Rick/Doxa? Just curious, tell me to beg off if it's none of my beeswax.

Quote Originally Posted by bfgreen View Post
    Pete, no disrespect meant and hopefully none taken, but I've seen a lot of new Doxas coming your way and I wondered if you were just reviewing them, buying them, or being given them for free by Rick/Doxa? Just curious, tell me to beg off if it's none of my beeswax.
    hey pete now that some one else has brought it up i always meant to congradulate you on getting the conquistador 5000t.there is no one more deserving in my book.i don't know if doxa charged you for it but i hope it was a gift.
    i am hooked on automatics

Brian, bugger off, none of your business

Na, really, I don't particularly want to detail the spending thousands of dollars on watches on a forum where my Mrs could see. People say food and sex is over-rated but I'm not so sure

The simple answer is I've bought some, been loaned some and been given the 2 most spectacular watches Doxa ever made. Actually that reminds me, I still have the 1000T sitting in it's tube ready to go back to them. I was going to send it back last week but since I just bought the Superocean (please don't tell the wife) I'll hang on to it a bit longer and do a comparison review of all the HRV watches I have.

Too many watches, not enough money

Pete

The simple answer is I've bought some, been loaned some and been given the 2 most spectacular watches Doxa ever made.
    Well I didn't mean to pry, just morbid curiosity. Been a long time since I saw your book - I still have my signed first edition, if you can remember back that far? Wondered if my blueprint illustration was in the new one or if it was cut?

Enjoyed seeing your pics of the Cussler convention - good to put a face to the name. Cheers!

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Well I didn't mean to pry, just morbid curiosity. Been a long time since I saw your book - I still have my signed first edition, if you can remember back that far? Wondered if my blueprint illustration was in the new one or if it was cut?

Enjoyed seeing your pics of the Cussler convention - good to put a face to the name. Cheers!
    Brian,

It made it, page 105 to be exact. See I told you guys I keep my copy handy.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

No problem Brian. Yep your blueprint is in the final version and looks very sexy indeed on glossy paper. The final book turned out amazing. You should get a look at one sometime.

Pete

You should get a look at one sometime.
    That sounds a lot like "you should buy one.."

I like the original I have with the cover I designed. It was personalized by you and is a one of a kind - means a lot to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information