600T DS that ended on eBay on 5 December

Thread: 600T DS that ended on eBay on 5 December

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

600T DS that ended on eBay on 5 December

I'm sure a few pairs of eyes were watching the auction for the 600T .... is "sailing2" a member here? And if you are, could you share some pics?

You and I battled it out at the end, and with three seconds to go, you beat me by $25.00usd. I'm bummed, but good onya! Looks like it's gonna be a nice piece. Congrats!

Cheers!
    Bill
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

Re: 600T DS that ended on eBay on 5 December

There are a couple usernames from Ebay that I recognize as being members, but that isn't one of them. Maybe they are though, and they will speak right up. My last 2 attempts to buy a Doxa in the last seconds hasn't worked out either

Better luck next time
    Best Regards,
    Jason

You know it might be useful if we declared our eBay names so as to not run each other up???

Of course private auctions knackers this and once an open auction bid hits i think $200 the system scrambles the name but it's still possible to track someone by their feedback point rating. I know a couple of the guys here and how to spot them

Just an idea.

D.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

David,
    you are spot on. In fact you beat me to the punch with 1 or 2 at the death recently( I won't name the items here - they are your business!!) and good luck to you.
    I don't try to run 'em up, but I'll bid aggressively to my max. If I lose to one of you guys here, it doesn't hurt so much. LOL! (Yes, it does!!!!) My ebay name is not too hard to work out from my name and collection. Love to see some pics of the French one, if you know what I mean!!
    Dave

Bill, thanks for the kind words, sorry to be a competitor! On the bright side, I had a top limit higher than the $25 over your last bid that it went for, if that helps.

Short version, I have one of those "birthdays divisible by 10" at the end of this month, so my budget for a present was larger than what many may have been willing to spend.

Long version, I have an orange Professional and a black Sharkhunter, this is my third Doxa and I had been interested in acquiring a Divingstar. While Dr. Pete Millar's two-page spread in his book had me wanting a 600T Divingstar, the majority of the blame belongs to Randy due to his post and photo:

Quote Originally Posted by whse View Post
    There is one other option. If you go to Landmark Jewelry in Georgetown, Grand Cayman you can buy one of the few COSC 750T Divingstars. They are a beautiful watch and I don't think they'll be producing that size again. Good luck with whatever you decide, but be careful yellow can be very addicting, hence my 4 little yellow friends. Randy
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showpos...23&postcount=8

Due to my wrist size, I'm most interested in the Doxa's smaller than the 750T and the reissue. I did check the prices of the 1000T and the 1000T COSC ... while I think the COSC is a nice addition, I'm fine with the normal accuracy from an automatic.

I was surprised to see this one come up on the bay and had been watching it, but then had an "uh, oh" moment when a thread was started on the Doxa board here about the auction, but figured the usual suspects probably already had it on their watch list, too. Since my "divisible by 10" birthday is later this month I felt it was okay to spend extra ...

I was going to put it away until the birthday, but may try my limited photo skills out after it arrives next week.

--Keith

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopath View Post
    David,
    you are spot on. In fact you beat me to the punch with 1 or 2 at the death recently( I won't name the items here - they are your business!!) and good luck to you.
    I don't try to run 'em up, but I'll bid aggressively to my max. If I lose to one of you guys here, it doesn't hurt so much. LOL! (Yes, it does!!!!) My ebay name is not too hard to work out from my name and collection. Love to see some pics of the French one, if you know what I mean!!
    Oh that one LOL - oh la la - if i'd known i was up against ya i'd have made a deal with you prior, know what i mean!! I seriously need to take some pics of recent purchases as got some interesting stuff, will do first chance i get.

BTW to follow my previous post i'm GRANITEQUARRY on eBay just like here if anyone wants to shout re. an auction. Must admit i'm bidding on most of the vintage stuff coming up (well the rare ones anyway!)

Cheers,
    David.

Just wondering what does a 600T DS fetch now days???
    John M.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoors View Post
    Just wondering what does a 600T DS fetch now days???
    I think the last one I saw on the bay went for a hair over 2 grand........

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Searambler View Post
    I think the last one I saw on the bay went for a hair over 2 grand........

Paul
    Thanks for the reply Paul .... Sounds like some are going up in price ...
    John M.

Yeah, John, they seem to be commanding premium $$$ now. Not really surprising considering they only made a hundred of 'em. Mine (#4) won't be going anywhere, though. It's still my favorite!

Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information