600T vs 1000T, my thoughts

Thread: 600T vs 1000T, my thoughts

600T vs 1000T, my thoughts

I finally received my Sub 1000T Pro yesterday and got the chance to compare it to my 600T Pro.

One of the first things I noticed was that the 1000T dial seems to jump out at you a little more than the 600T due to the slightly larger hour markers, darker hour edges, and the subseconds around the dial. To me, the dial also seems to sit deeper than the 600T but I don't know if this is an optical illusion due to the slightly curved crystal.

The wording on the dial is larger than on the 600T and the word "Doxa" also seems darker. I wish that the words "Sub 1000T" were in dark script like the "Sub 600T" on the 600T.

The color of the 1000T dial appears lighter orange, almost the color of the Seiko Orange monster. I think I like the 1000T color better but the difference is really slight.

I'm still undecided which crystal I like better. The 600T has a slightly taller crystal, which I like, but I kind of like how the dial looks under the 1000T crystal when viewing the watch at a slight angle.

The lume is a toss up. I think the lume on the hour markers of my 600T might even be a little sharper than the 1000T but in the dark, all of the lume areas of the 1000T look bigger which makes it easier to read. The initial brightness of the lume on the 1000T doesn't seem to be better than my 600T but I haven't gotten to compare them overnight. I can still easily read my 600T in the morning before I get out of bed.

The bezel is definitly thicker and easier to grip than the 600T but I think I prefer the feel of the 60 click bezel of the 600T. It feels more solid to me.

The hands of the 1000T look slightly longer than the 600T but I don't know if they really are or it just appears that way because of the larger surface area of lume. I'm still undecided if I like the look.

The cases of both watches appear to be the same size and thickness, only that the 1000T has a deeper caseback and thicker bezel.

I prefer the crown of the 600T. Its easier to turn for me but the crown of the 1000T feels smoother.

I prefer the polished beads of rice on the 600T bracelet and how the top of the links are more curved. The 1000T links are flatter and to be honest, they don't look any bigger to me than the links of the 600T bracelet. The 1000T bracelet is easier to adjust due to the screwed together links but I prefer the pressed in ones of the 600T. I had a screw back out of my 300T reissue bracelet and I almost lost it. I think the pressed in design is more secure. I do like the SEL of the 1000T better.

The clasp of my 1000T is a little easier to open than my 600T and this is even after owning my 600T for almost 4 years.

I like the design on the caseback on the 1000T better and I'm glad they did away with the insert even though I have never had a problem with the one in the 600T.

As far as wearing comfort, the 600T is still more comfortable to me due to the slightly lighter weight and the fact that the 1000T feels slightly more top heavy. Don't get me wrong, the 1000T is still very comfortable to wear. I have the exact same number of links on each side of both watches and have the fine adjustment on the clasps set the same and the 1000T is slightly tighter because of the deeper caseback. I almost need to add a link to the 1000T to make it feel like the 600T.

I think Doxa hit a home run with the 1000T. It has a lot of the features and specs that people have asked for when compared to previous reissues. I like the size of it, but I like the smaller watches. I know a lot of people prefer the 750T size or bigger but I'm glad that Doxa is offering people a choice of different size watches to satisfy a bigger customer base.

In conclusion, If I would have been able to compare these two watches side by side before I bought, I probably would not have bought the 1000T. Although the 1000T has many improvements, there are still things that I like better about the 600T or things that are basically a tossup for me that would not have allowed me to justify spending the money. I'm not sorry that I bought the 1000T and I will keep it. I now have a backup if something happens to the 600T plus I got to buy another great watch before the price hike.

To those who prefer this size watch and don't have a 600T or just like the 1000T features better, I would not hesitate to recommend the 1000T.

Doxa, thanks for bringing out another great watch and for listening to what your customers want. Great job.

Sorry for no photos, but my digital camera does not take good closeup shots.

Wayne

Re: 600T vs 1000T, my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by 70monte View Post

The bezel is definitly thicker and easier to grip than the 600T but I think I prefer the feel of the 60 click bezel of the 600T. It feels more solid to me.
    I think you mean the bezel is thicker and easier to grip on the 1000T.

Good review, thanks!

Thanks. I forgot to put the word "on" after the word "than" to make my meaning clearer.

Wayne

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for all your insights. I took a gamble and bought the 600 T Pro rather than the 1000 T. I have a Panerai 44 mm and didn't want to go with anything that big and the fact that production on the 600 T has stopped, has got to have an eventual effect on it's collectability. Then there's the bracelet! It really helps to hear from someone who can place them side by side. :thanks

My Son and I, St. Thomas
    Rolex Sea Dweller 16600

Enicar Sherpa Guide GMT
    Omega Seamaster Soccer Timer
    Breitling Navitimer 806
    IWC Mark XVIII
    Heuer Autavia 11630

Quote Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
    I think I prefer the feel of the 60 click bezel of the 600T. It feels more solid to me.
    I have to say, even though I really love the 750T, and think the 120-click bezel is just fine, I do think the 60-click of the 600T does feel more solid. I like it just a little bit better............
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Ihanddds,
    Thanks for the kind words. The 1000T and 600T are very close in size. The only difference I could tell was in the taller height of the 1000T. Size wise, you would have been fine with the 1000T.

A couple of more thoughts after comparing the two. The lume on my 600T is definitely better than on the 1000T. The biggest difference is on the 1,2,4,5,7,8,10, & 11 hour markers of the 1000T. They are dimmer and skinnier than on my 600T. The 600T minute hand lume is also brighter. The only lume that is brighter on the 1000T is the dot on the bezel. The time was still readable this morning but the 1000T seemed dimmer. The dial of the 1000T does seem bigger in the dark because of the longer lume on the hands and hour markers.

I also noticed that the edges of the hands on my 1000T do not seem to be painted as well as on my 600T. They are showing some white along the edges.

I did some more comparing of the bracelets today. I laid the extra links of my 1000T bracelet on top of my 600T bracelet and they look almost exactly the same thickness. The only difference is that the top edges of the 600T links curve slightly down on both sides while the 1000T links are pretty much the same across the top. The middle of the links on the 600T sit slightly higher than the middle of the links on the 1000T. I'm not sure where Doxa is getting that the 1000T bracelet is thicker. I just don't see it. Looking at the bracelets from the top, both links are the same width.

I'm going to ask Doxa if the SEL on the 1000T will fit the 600T and if so, I'm going to see if I can buy a pair for the 600T.

So far the watch is keeping good time. My 600T loses time, so it will be interesting to see what the 1000T does.

I sure wish my camera would take good closeups so I could show some pictures.

Wayne

Thread Information