750T Bracelet Removal

Thread: 750T Bracelet Removal

750T Bracelet Removal

Am I missing something? I have been trying to remove the rice bead bracelet from the 750T Pro to swap on a rubber dive strap and for the life of me I can't get it off. I have never had a problem with removing spring bars before...what am I missing?
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Re: 750T Bracelet Removal

Quote Originally Posted by romeo-1 View Post
    Am I missing something? I have been trying to remove the rice bead bracelet from the 750T Pro to swap on a rubber dive strap and for the life of me I can't get it off. I have never had a problem with removing spring bars before...what am I missing?
    Pretty simple really. Only advice I could give you is to remove it from the casback side of the watch and reinstall it the same way to prevent scratching up the topside of the lugs. You might go so far as to tape-off the lugs. Just make sure to use the correct tool, and you should be golden. It is a little bit of a tight fit, but I really have never had any trouble
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

If you bought your watch new, the small fork on a quality spring bar tool should make it easy. If the bars have been changed, and they are certain types, this may be more difficult.

Could you elaborate on the difficulty you are having? Are you using a knife, a spring bar tool, or??? Are you able to get on the spring bar, but unable to compress it to remove it?

Details will aid us in helping you. Best of luck,
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I use a Bergeon spring bar tool, a 5X loupe attached to a wire and a great deal of patience, when removing/installing spring bars. Patience, helps a lot.

In my experience, when it gets difficult removing a spring bar, I turn on the TV and after half an hour, I'll try it again and usually it worked.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by romeo-1 View Post

R-1, i did it the way Jason described. Way easier with the crystal down, and it also explained why the Mil-shark had those 3 undisclosed scratches on the 11:o lug when I got it.so go with the tape for sure as they can over shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    If you bought your watch new, the small fork on a quality spring bar tool should make it easy. If the bars have been changed, and they are certain types, this may be more difficult.

Could you elaborate on the difficulty you are having? Are you using a knife, a spring bar tool, or??? Are you able to get on the spring bar, but unable to compress it to remove it?

Details will aid us in helping you. Best of luck,

I am using a spring bar removal tool and have access to the bars...but the bars are not moving...hold on...I'm going to try this again...

I didn't think it would even be possible to remove it with the crystal facing up...where would the tool go? I must be missing something because I cannot get this frigging thing off...

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

I am guessing you are sliding the tool on the surface of the spring bar then? Or is it catching on something but simply refuses to move?

Sounds like either bent/defective or possibly incorrect spring bars to me (with a bit of speculation on my part as to what is happening). Might want to take a trip to a professional for this one removal. Once the trouble is sorted out, it should be easy in the future (because it usually is, this being why I suspect the above).

Best of luck, please let us know how you get on and what the cause of the difficulty was once you discover it.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Possible your spring bars don't have the flanged ends, that forked tool is tyapically placed behind the flanges so you can depress the spring bar.
    If the bars don't have the flanges, then you need to dig the fork into the spring bar and hold it while you depress the spring bar. Dislodge one end and hold it with constant pressure away from the watch, and then dislodge the other end, and the end link should pop out. This takes some dexterity and practice.

This is why I have a container of new double flanged spring bars in various lengths, and always swap out the bars from any used watch that I receive: makes life much easier.

Good luck!!
    DW

Success...stand by for some new strap shots...

Thread Information