750T Dirk Pitt Arrives ... dateline, Orlando, FL

Thread: 750T Dirk Pitt Arrives ... dateline, Orlando, FL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

750T Dirk Pitt Arrives ... dateline, Orlando, FL - PICS ADDED!!

(Scroll to the bottom ... I've finally added pics!)

WOOHOO!! "Bloody brilliant!" was the first thing through my head when Mr. FedEx showed up at my work at 1012 EST. I signed for my package (with more than a little shake in my movements ...), then scurried back to my desk to ogle my new toy.

First, the packaging was first-rate; not a mark to be found on the box, and the tape wasn't molested. I carefully slit the tape on the bottom (don't want to mar the top of the box ...), and opened it up. Sorry, I completely forgot to take the digi-cam when I left the house this morning, so no photo-essay of the unveiling.

I see packing paper crunched and balled to provide cushioning for the tube. I see the CD (for the 600T Chrono, I learned when I got home ... ), and the aluminum tube itself. Heaven! I flip the jewel case for the CD to make certain it's there; no worries. Then, I take hold of the tube itself ...

I'm surprised at the heft. Much more than I expected. I enjoy the printing on the side; it tells me that inside is a true divers tool. I grasp the rubber cover, and gently begin to twist. The suction holds the cover fast. I slide a fingernail in between the rubber and the aluminum to break the grip, and twist more. Aaahhh, it gives way .....

I peer inside, and am greeted by the sight of closed-cell, dense foam cradling my Baby. I slide the foam out, and remove the top section ....

Nice .....

The orange dial gleams brightly under the fluorescent hell I call an office. The chromed bracelet sparkles in the same light. I carefully remove the 750T from the gentle clutch of the foam, and heft it's power. Brilliant piece of kit. I don't know how else to describe it; the piece has a weight that suggests toughness and a rough-and-ready persona that implies years of faithful service. I am enthralled.

I stare at my Beauty for ten or fifteen minutes (how is it that a WIS can't accurately measure time in these instances??), then I realize that I need to get back to work to pay for this gem. I gently place her back in the foam, slide the foam into the tube, and reseal with the rubber cover. I'm eager for 5pm ....

I arrive home, and gaze upon the timepiece yet again. Fifteen minutes later (and 5! links ..), she's strapped to my wrist, ready for adventure. The way she sits on my wrist, the feel of the exquisite bracelet, the glow of the orange all appeal to me in a very fundamental way. I am pleased ......

My thanks to all of you who've shared wonderful and beautiful photos of this watch. My thanks to those of you who took a moment to answer my many queries concerning the timepiece. And very heartfelt thanks to John P., Andy, Karin, and the Jenny's for all they've offered and done to help me to realize this little dream. I really am very happy with this purchase, and the potential for another is very real.

Thank you, one and all, for your myriad contributions to my insanity. I'll wear it happily, and I'll be here often to share in the family gatherings.
    Last edited by Jason71; July 16th, 2007 at 02:11. Reason: added pics
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

Re: 750T Dirk Pitt Arrives ... dateline, Orlando, FL

Congrats Brietlingman a great watch!
    Wear that proud and show us some pics.
    Regards
    Robt
    " For watches there's always TIME "

I was asked what the time was that was on my watch ?
    Does anybody really know what time it is ?
    Does anybody really care ?
    If so I can't imagine why..........
    I do, I do, I do care about time.
    (Thanks R Lamm)

Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by brietlingman View Post
    WOOHOO!!

I stare at my Beauty for ten or fifteen minutes (how is it that a WIS can't accurately measure time in these instances??)
    My friend - I believe you have just defined the term "irony" better than anyone I've known.

Wear it in good health - I have the 750 Pro as well and love it!

Avi

"Individuals fail.
    Teams succeed."

A picture paints your 1000 words!!
    DHD
    DAVID
    DOXA SUB 750T PROFESSIONAL #3509
    DOXA SUB 750T SHARKHUNTER #610
    DOXA SUB 750T SEARAMBLER #165

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Very nice write up, thanks for sharing your excitement with us . I have a DP 750T Pro also, in fact it was my choice from the watch box this morning, wearing it right now. Damn fine piece, isn't it?

ETA: That gleam isn't chrome, it's far better! Nothing but polished and brushed Stainless Steel!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

brietlingman,

Good job. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. It sounds like you're off to a great start! Send some pics!
    Darin

Breitling SuperOcean
    1960 DOXA Automatic
    1960 Omega Seamaster DeVille
    TAG Heuer 2000

Thanks Friends ... I'm really diggin' this piece. It's still on me wrist, getting wound and ready for the day tomorrow. Going everywhere, to do not much more than walk around in public with it on my wrist.

The digi-cam battery is getting re-charged as we chat, so I'll use the abundant Florida sunshine in the AM to gather some pics. I can't promise they'll be as good as the ones I see here, but I'll give it a good go.

The polish and brushed bracelet and case *appear* to my eye as chrome; that word gives a good description of how it looks, not what it's made of. Perhaps I could have found a better way to describe the gleam, but I got lazy ....

I know I have a tendency to get "wordy" when writing a post, but hey, I read allot, so the words spill forth. Besides, I had to take up the room that would have been allocated for pics .... which I'll supply tomorrow ....

Quote Originally Posted by brietlingman View Post
    Thanks Friends ... I'm really diggin' this piece. It's still on me wrist, getting wound and ready for the day tomorrow. Going everywhere, to do not much more than walk around in public with it on my wrist.

The digi-cam battery is getting re-charged as we chat, so I'll use the abundant Florida sunshine in the AM to gather some pics. I can't promise they'll be as good as the ones I see here, but I'll give it a good go.

The polish and brushed bracelet and case *appear* to my eye as chrome; that word gives a good description of how it looks, not what it's made of. Perhaps I could have found a better way to describe the gleam, but I got lazy ....

I know I have a tendency to get "wordy" when writing a post, but hey, I read allot, so the words spill forth. Besides, I had to take up the room that would have been allocated for pics .... which I'll supply tomorrow ....
    Hey, I think everyone was giving you a hard time in jest. I am sure everybody really enjoyed the very descriptive opening of your Doxa. Helps me to remember my 1st...............

Thanks and looking forward to the pics!!
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Nah, no worries ... it's all good! I know the comments are in jest ... not a problem. I'm a 42 year old man feeling like a 10 year old ... and it comes across in my words. I'm a goofball, and that's OK.

Hey, I just stood still for 4 minutes, watching the second hand rotate ... I was waiting for the date-change. See, I don't own a watch (till now ...) that "snap changes" at midnight; most all my Seiko's and others "slow change" from about 11:30 till about 1:30. It's a novel thing to have it "snap" like this. And, I could feel the spring release through the case. Way cool ....

A few more hours till daylight ....... :thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information