750T lume question

Thread: 750T lume question

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

750T lume question

I don't have a Doxa yet, but I've been thinking more and more about one, being a Clive Cussler and sports watch fan. How is the 750T's lume? Say, compared to a Rolex sport watch with a maxi-dial. That's my basis of comparison. From the photos, it looks like the Doxa's daytime legibility is fantastic! I must say, a few years ago, this wasn't as much of an issue!

--GregNYC

Re: 750T lume question

Quote Originally Posted by GregNYC View Post
    I don't have a Doxa yet, but I've been thinking more and more about one, being a Clive Cussler and sports watch fan. How is the 750T's lume? Say, compared to a Rolex sport watch with a maxi-dial. That's my basis of comparison. From the photos, it looks like the Doxa's daytime legibility is fantastic! I must say, a few years ago, this wasn't as much of an issue!

--GregNYC
    In all reality, Doxa's Lume varies. On my GMTs the lume is fantastic. Glows like a torch after being in the sunlight. Several of my other 750T models have good lume but not as good as the GMTs. I have over 10 Doxas to compare, so I have a good idea what they have on them. Actually, my 750T Pro has the faintest lume of all. Funny thing is the fact that some people's 750T Pros have fairly good lume. Mine looks fantastic during the day

Personally, I would not let that issue of lume put me off from buying one though. It has enough other good qualities to make it a worthwhile
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Disclaimer - My info is very limited and biased since I don't own both brands.

I have two friends with Rolexes. One owns a Rolex Submariner, and one has an Explorer II. Both of them commented on how bright the DOXA lume is. I hope this helps. Incidentally, this may be normal, but I've noticed that when I wake up around 5:30 or 6:00AM each morning, my watch is still pretty bright, definitely brighter than I expected.
    Darin

Breitling SuperOcean
    1960 DOXA Automatic
    1960 Omega Seamaster DeVille
    TAG Heuer 2000

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would have to agree with Jason. I wouldn’t let lume make or break me from buying a watch. For me the lume is just fine.

I do however have an Omega. When I was wearing this I would charge it before going to bed at night under a light bulb for one minute. I remember my wife complaining that it was like a beacon. It lit up the area I laid in. And, that is no lie.

So Doxa if you are reading find out what the boy’s at Omega use and get some of that stuff.
    Thanks Nick

Quote Originally Posted by twostirish222 View Post
    I would have to agree with Jason. I wouldn’t let lume make or break me from buying a watch. For me the lume is just fine.

I do however have an Omega. When I was wearing this I would charge it before going to bed at night under a light bulb for one minute. I remember my wife complaining that it was like a beacon. It lit up the area I laid in. And, that is no lie.

So Doxa if you are reading find out what the boy’s at Omega use and get some of that stuff.
    Yeah, good point. Lume wasn't important to me until I started seeing people talk about it a lot. During my initial research, it wasn't even on my list of "Must Haves." My Caribbean GMT seems pretty bright, either way.
    Darin

Breitling SuperOcean
    1960 DOXA Automatic
    1960 Omega Seamaster DeVille
    TAG Heuer 2000

Quote Originally Posted by iWatch View Post
    My Caribbean GMT seems pretty bright, either way.
    My Carib GMT has the best lume out of all my Doxas. It is fantastic, and I would say that it would be hard to beat by any watches lume.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

My Doxa Sub 600T had decent enough Lume but it was nothing compared to my Seiko diver (now sold), this thing glowed even in daylight! -

From what i have heard, Omegas and Seikos are among the best for strong lume

Cheers, Ric

Thanks everyone! Yeah, I've had Omegas, Seikos, Panerais, and even Luminox. All of them beat Rolex's lume, which is OK. So I gather that Doxa does too. OK, now to go hunting. Thanks again!

howboutdemRedSox

Hi Greg

I found if you charge up the PRO with a UV flashlight the thing will glow very well and long. Seiko's stuff is the brightest (some folks are bothered by by its brightness). Here's my 750 PRO during a UV blast

If you buy yourself a UV flashlightlight, whtever you do, never look into the light - it can and will blind you.

Hey, i've only got the 750T Military Sharkhunter and have just been trying out lume shots for the past few days with some of the other watches in my collection, here are some results with 30 second exposures with a Nikon D80. I find the 750T hands good but dail lume's fairly weak requiring constant recharges between shots with a torchlight. & as howboutdemRedSox says, seikos are indeed amazing, as you see in second pic, their lume area are overexposed!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information