750T Newbie Questions

Thread: 750T Newbie Questions

750T Newbie Questions

Hi everyone. I hope I don't rile anyone's sensibilities by not hunting existing threads for this information but my questions are simple and hopefully this forum is as friendly as some of the others I frequent.

I was picking up a restoration from my watchmaker today (1948 Omega "bumper") when my eye spied something new and intriguing in his display case. An enticing orange Sub 750T Professional.

I have always been intrigued by these watches and my Seiko orange Ti Samurai has been my only fix of orange to date. I tried the 750T on my wrist and I was hooked. I have to get one. I have never seen a picture of this watch that did it justice. It is the first diver whose case design could give my 1983 Seiko 6309-7049 a run for the money on sheer chunky delight (if you detect a theme here - yes I am a big Seiko fan).

Now as for my actual questions...

1) He had it tagged at $1700 but offered it to me at $1500. I have no idea what the market is for these new retail. Is this in the ball park or are there larger discounts out there to be had?

2) A little quick research reveals that these are a 5000 piece limited edition reissue (which of course you the reader doubtlessly know). Are these becoming a rarity new yet? Is there a large used market (no I have not looked at the sales forum)?

Thanks for any help and kind words.

Re: 750T Newbie Questions

Quote Originally Posted by sjbrook View Post
    Hi everyone. I hope I don't rile anyone's sensibilities by not hunting existing threads for this information but my questions are simple and hopefully this forum is as friendly as some of the others I frequent.

I was picking up a restoration from my watchmaker today (1948 Omega "bumper") when my eye spied something new and intriguing in his display case. An enticing orange Sub 750T Professional.

I have always been intrigued by these watches and my Seiko orange Ti Samurai has been my only fix of orange to date. I tried the 750T on my wrist and I was hooked. I have to get one. I have never seen a picture of this watch that did it justice. It is the first diver whose case design could give my 1983 Seiko 6309-7049 a run for the money on sheer chunky delight (if you detect a theme here - yes I am a big Seiko fan).

1) He had it tagged at $1700 but offered it to me at $1500. I have no idea what the market is for these new retail. Is this in the ball park or are there larger discounts out there to be had?

2) A little quick research reveals that these are a 5000 piece limited edition reissue (which of course you the reader doubtlessly know). Are these becoming a rarity new yet? Is there a large used market (no I have not looked at the sales forum)?

You ought to be able to pick one up for $1200-1300 off Ebay, TZ or WUS Sales.........
    Best Regards,
    Jason

I own one and it's amazing. BUY ONE ! ! ! !! ! Offer him $1200

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sjbrook View Post

Here is a pretty good deal that also comes with three straps.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...49#msg_3005378
    Thanks Nick

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Hi, and welcome! It's a great watch (yes, we are biased here ). I'll try a few of your questions outright.

The watch is still available new from Doxa (or a very limited group -so far- of authorized dealers, depending on what part of the globe you inhabit). The retail cost is $2049. There are links at the top of the page that will take you there.

Doxa prices just recently moved to retail from the maker, as they are in the process of setting up an AD network. Wouldn't do to have the factory discounting 30% off retail (which they did until recently) and hurting the AD's they'd set up.

That said, the used price may or may not be as the guys have said above. It is possible (indeed likely) that these will start to move up now or in the new future.

The 5000 limited run includes all itterations of the 750T, including the GMT's, the Caribbeans, Sharkhunters, Searamblers and Professionals. Though I would not call them scarce, Doxa stated earlier this year that they thought they had enough cases to last into the Fall of '07.

Mine has become a favorite, and gets more wrist time currently than any of the others (wearing it now!).
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Thread Information