WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

750T Rubber Strap Question

725 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SurferD 
#1 ·
Rick/John,

Will the upcoming rubber strap for the 750T series feature a buckle like the 600T series or will it feature a deployment type clasp?

Thanks
Stephen

#2 · (Edited)
Hi Diverdown, still digging the 300 reissue!
A deployment type would be nice but it may drive the cost up.
One nit picky thing about the current strap.
The holes in the strap are rectangular and oriented so the short side of the rectangle is parallel to the edge of the strap.
The tang in the buckle is a flat, curved, piece of metal with the thin part perpendicular to the buckle.
It's kind of hard to insert the tang and it deforms the rubber.
If it was turned 90 degrees it would be better.
I think Doxa may have "borrowed" certain design aspects from the Breitling rubber straps. Their buckles have the tang oriented correctly.
Here are pics of both to make it easier to tell what I'm saying. The Breitling strap isn't genuine but you get the idea. The way the Doxa tang is oriented, it's stronger and less prone to bending under a load but the holes just don't line up. I'm anxiously waiting for the new ones.

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
Here are a few more shots of what I mean. Sorry about being picky but I want Doxas to be the best. This Breitling strap is genuine and the tang is quite thick.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.