800ti

Thread: 800ti

800ti

Of late, I've become interested in the 800ti. I already have a 750 GMT Pro. If any of you have an 800ti, would you mind sharing your thoughts? Also, I assume the movement is a modified ETA 2892, like the 750. Is that correct?

Many thanks for your input.

Re: 800ti

I had one and loved it. Stupidly sold it. I had never owned a Doxa before but i am glad i got it. Certainly one of my favorites. Perfect size and weight and while not a bracelet person I never took it off the bracelet. Highly recommend it. I just bought a 5000t and really enjoy that as well.

I'd also be curious to hear other 800ti owners weigh in on this. I passed on the 800 (and really a Doxa entirely) for the moment, simply because there didn't seem to be an awful lot of information out there on it — especially with regards to how the size wears. Like the bracelet and the tritium, but seems a bit too large for my tastes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ephraim Gerstein View Post
    Of late, I've become interested in the 800ti. I already have a 750 GMT Pro. If any of you have an 800ti, would you mind sharing your thoughts? Also, I assume the movement is a modified ETA 2892, like the 750. Is that correct?

Many thanks for your input.
    The 800Ti has a 2824 movement, and the 750 GMT has the 2893 movement.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

This is my first (and only) Doxa. I love it! It is the first automatic watch I've ever owned so I was a little surprised that it was as thick as it is but that's just because I didn't know any better. It's no more thick than any other automatic I've looked at. It is much lighter than other automatics I've seen/held. I love that about it because it doesn't feel like I'm swinging a lead weight at the end of my arm. The tritium is awesome! I love that anytime I look at it, day or night, I can see the time. It doesn't have the tritium on the second hand but that's really not that big of a deal.

As for the wear, I don't know the exact measurement of my wrist but I'm thinking 6.5-6.75 or so and it wears great! In short I love the watch and seriously doubt I'll ever get rid of it. It's quite possibly the last watch I'll ever buy. Unless they come out with another titanium Doxa model. But then again a black pvd sharkie 800ti would be kinda nice to have also... Hmm might have to look into that one.

I could never warm up to my 750 Pro and disliked the BOR bracelet totally...But I LOVE the 800 Pro I own. I think it would be even better with real lume instead of the tubes, but what can you do. It wears well, the bracelet is good (apart from the polished parts...I would prefer it to be all brushed) and the Ti makes it a lighter, but by no means a light watch. I think it is actually kinda heavy for Ti. Anyway, this one will stay for quite some time in my rotation/collection.
    Omega | Tudor | Sinn | DoXa | MIIK

I ended up purchasing an 800ti. Today is the first day I'm wearing it and I have to say I'm very happy with it. It's beautifully designed and very well executed. The dial is the cleanest and most legible of any DOXA I own, and the tritium tubes are a nice added feature--though probably not necessary for my purposes. I love the bracelet as it retains the breezy feel of the beads of rice bracelet, while also feeling sturdier. I love the ratcheting clasp. Even though I will probably not be putting on a wetsuit anytime soon, it comes in handy for making micro-adjustments as my wrist size tends to vary slightly frame time to time. Another feature I like is the screw bars securing the bracelet to the case. This is a feature I can see myself using because although the bracelet is great looking and comfortable, this watch cries out for a NATO.

I think the thing I like most about this watch, though, is that it's fit for purpose. What I mean by that is that in addition to being extremely durable and capable, it sits in a price range that allows me to feel comfortable using it as it is supposed to be used. Although my Rolex was also designed as a tool watch, I won't use it if I think I'll be getting my hands dirty. The 800ti is a watch I can put through its paces without reservation.

Perhaps the best DOXA ever? Tell me what you think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

I have the same model 800Ti Sharkhunter which is my every day Doxa Sub - good choice on your part and enjoy. This fits well on a 22mm NATO Gray-Black stripe "Skunk" It is not the best Doxa Sub ever. The best ever include 750T Professional COSC and 5000T Professional COSC as well as 600 T-Graph Professional

@Ephraim

I also had one, love it for a short period of time and then sold it to afford another watch.
    Due to its titanium its very comfortable to wear and pretty light.
    The lume is fantastic as well the general readability.
    However the bracelet with its partiallay polished parts easily gets scratched.
    So I would get the whole bracelet brushed just to avoid ugly fingerprints on it.

Enjoy pics of my former Ti800 Prof.

Name:  Doxas0003_k.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  124.8 KB

Name:  Doxas0004_k.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  97.7 KB

Name:  SchatzbergtDoxa800Ti0003.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  156.1 KB

Name:  SchatzbergtDoxa800Ti0005_k.jpg
Views: 527