800Ti Pro Thoughts

Thread: 800Ti Pro Thoughts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

800Ti Pro Thoughts

As I walked out to my truck this morning, the White FedEx vehicle wheeled into the drive. Out popped the driver with a small box and smiled as I signed his gizmo and he handed over the parcel.

I had been wondering if the package would arrive today as I'd read where some had been held-up passing through customs, but here it was.

I had placed my order on Sunday while attending a business meeting in Memphis, DOXA e-mailed a question on Monday and I guess it left SZ on Tuesday. Arriving here on Thursday am is quiet impressive.

To be honest with everyone, since I had sold all my Doxas about 3 weeks back due to needing funds to repair a wrecked work truck, my visits on the Forum had been sparing. Knowing that daily my wrist was only sporting an old Citizen or on weekend my Rolex came out of it's resting place.
    If I ventured on the forum it would just hurt that my beloved T-Graph, DivingStar and Carribean were in someone else's watch box.

Corney Huh !

By a twist of fate the Police stated in court, that the accident was not my son's fault but was the other drivers. My loses were cut near to nothing and I had some funds again.

continued..........
    Last edited by roadshadowww; November 20th, 2008 at 19:51.
    USA/USN Retired
    PADI MSDT and IDC Staff Instr

Doxa 1200T NUMA TQ #7 of 50

Re: 800Ti Pro Thoughts

Nice
    Last edited by romeo-1; November 21st, 2008 at 19:18.
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

So, early last week I returned to the much beloved Forum and what did I behold but a thread about probably the 2nd most desirable watch DOXA could make, I-M-H-O. (1st being the T-Graph Pro)

This watch is almost exactly as I had described in my Dream Sub post a month or so ago. Especiallt the Ti construction.

Once an insurance check had arrived and I had the truck well on it's way to recovery, I pounced on a 800 Pro.

Opening the box, I spied a Mini-Tube>>> smart move DOXA, the big tubes were too big anyway.

USA/USN Retired

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Man, don't you just love opening these things for the 1st time. Out came the Neo-Rubber insert and checking inside I found the 800 Pro.

All nicely wrapped in plastic to protect it, little over kill but what the heck.

Being that I had owned the 5000T Pro, I was familiar with the wrap and quickly removed it for better viewing.

Now first off the bat was the difference in weight between the 800 and my previous 750s. A major change especially from the 5000T and the whopping T-Graph.
    But what was so enjoyable was that I was still holding a BIG watch. Kinda like great taste and less filling at the same time.

Opening the clasp, I was again greeted by the fimilar 5000 clasp, a wonderful addition to the 750 sized piece. . I just love the features of this bracelet.
    No more sticking your nail under the keeper to get the clasp open. This had always been a stick in my eye on such wonderful watches as this, and others I may say.

The polished links are not really to my liking but really not that big a deal. They are much more fitting on the 5000 series, in that they match the bright indices on those big dials. I actually like the polished items on the 5000T Pro, it carries the look.

continued...........
    Last edited by roadshadowww; November 21st, 2008 at 04:20.
    USA/USN Retired

Slipping the 800 on for size, I again was pleased with the sizing for my 8 1/4" wrist....... and the adjustability if I need it, is just a click away.

Turning my wrist so I could view the dial, the strong vivid orange, just can not be mistaken. Being the same in shade and vibrance as my 5000T Pro and my 750 Mil-Pro dials, I was happy DOXA elected to carry this look into the 800 and not choosing the paler orange from another model.

Looking closer, I examined the tubes and hands,... Again I was smiling at the selection of black indices markers laying along side the tubes.

The tubes for me add alot of depth to the deep set dial and amazingly enough, also to the hands.
    As noted by others in their appraisals of the hands, I would say the second hand sorely needs a splash of solid lume in the Flag Square to make it a little more visible.

I wear a Ti wedding band and have owned Ti time-pieces before and I'm oh-so pleased that DOXA built the 800 using this comfortable and light material....
    Last edited by roadshadowww; November 21st, 2008 at 04:23.
    USA/USN Retired

Beautiful!
    Thanks for the pics and review.
    Oh, and it's great that the accident ruling went in your favor.
    "Gentlemen, we should synchronize our watches."

Great to see a nice DOXA back on your wrist!!!

John
    John M.

Great write up. What I like best about the watch is the Tritium ET pip on the bezel. That's the only thing that really bugs me about my GSAR. They used SL and it fades to almost unreadable after a couple of hours. I wouldn't miss not having lume on the second hand. BTW the only second hand SL lume on any of my dive watches that lasts as long as the indices is on my Doxas.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Bob, glad to see you back in the DOXA fold.

I finally sized my 800Ti... I had a couple of other pieces that came at the same time.

In any event, even though it's titanium, its pretty heavy on my wrist and the dial size is a presence. One thing though, I'm in between sizes on the bracelet. With one more link, the bracelet is a bit big, one less and it's a bit tight. So I'm using the micro-adjustable clasp.

-luke

Quote Originally Posted by snoballz View Post
    Bob, glad to see you back in the DOXA fold.

I finally sized my 800Ti... I had a couple of other pieces that came at the same time.

In any event, even though it's titanium, its pretty heavy on my wrist and the dial size is a presence. One thing though, I'm in between sizes on the bracelet. With one more link, the bracelet is a bit big, one less and it's a bit tight. So I'm using the micro-adjustable clasp.

One of the suggestions I gave James to up channel to Doxa ... add half links to the bracelet because there is no micro adjustment holes. This what prevents me from diving with my 5000T in a 6.5mm suit, I am already using the rachet adjustment for a normal fit on my wrist.

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information