WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Advice: 5000T or 750T?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Paco II 
#1 ·
So I am looking to purchase my first Doxa watch. I like big watches, and am very drawn to the 5000T, but I understand that there is no official rubber strap for it, which is something I very much want. Same thing with the 800Ti apparently. Really unfortunate. 1000 and 1200 are just too small for me. However, the 750T seems to be a good size, and obviously has the rubber strap available for it. So, should I hold out for a used or NOS 750T? Or is there any chance at all that the 800Ti or 5000T will get an official Doxa rubber strap option (seems unlikely from the threads I've read here)? Or is the 5000T just SO much of a better watch than the 750T, I should just deal with the lack of official rubber strap and get it anyway?

Would love people's opinions. Keep in mind, it's going to be my first, so I really want to get the 'right one' :)

TIA!

#2 ·
I used to have a 1000T Divingstar and now have a 750T Searambler, which is larger and thicker than the 1000T and wears much larger since the dial is 30mm as opposed to the 28mm dial on the 1000T.

I believe that the Doxa purists prefer the 750T to the 5000T, although I am told that the 5000T is a significant upgrade over the 750T with its 2892 movement, heavier ratcheting SS bracelet, screw bars rather than spring bars, etc. I may well P/U an additional Doxa, the 5000T Sharkhunter or Caribbean, in the not too distant future.

#3 ·
In my opinion the 5000T is a definite step up from the 750T. While Doxa may not offer an "official" strap, there are options using other straps. One of the forum members is using one of the new Isofrane straps on his 800Ti and it looks great. Search around the site and you will find a few other options also. I had a 750t with a Doxa rubber strap and kept popping the pins because my wrist is on the small side. The strap was rather stiff at the lugs and didn't like the sharp bend around the small wrist. They do look great on the watch though.

Bill

#4 ·
Well, the "right one" is purely a subjective thing, but since you are drawn to the 5000T, I'd go with that. The 750T is a significantly different watch. In technical terms, the 5000T is an upgrade, and if you're drawn to it, if may be cosmetically as well (certainly is has a more "upscale" or refined appearance).

WRT rubber straps, I wouldn't worry so much about an "official" one. The Hirsch Extreme looks awesome on it, the Isofrane is certainly a viable option, and I am sure there are others that can be adapted as well. You don't want to get the 750T and then be wishing you'd stuck with your first choice, the 5000T.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.