Advice req'd - UK members

Thread: Advice req'd - UK members

Question Advice req'd - UK members

I need to send my Sub 300T seahunter back to Doxa for some work. What's the best means of shipping it? I don't have access to any corporate or business accounts, it's just a private shipment.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Bill.
    Bill

Doxas:
    Sub 300T Seahunter
    Sub 250 Sharkhunter
    Sub 600T Sharkhunter
    Sub750T Sharkhunter, Sharkhunter PVD, Sharkhunter GMT, Professional, Searambler, Caribbean, Caribbean GMT, Divingstar GMT
    Sub 1000T Sharkhunter & Professional
    Sub 5000T Sharkhunter COSC & Professional COSC
    Sub 600T T-Graph Sharkhunter
    Sub 1200T Searambler
    Deco
    Marathon:
    SAR & JSAR
    Other:
    Rolex SD, Omega Seamaster Professional,Tudor Prince Oysterdate, Seiko Sports 200m & BM, Tag Heuer 1000

zak

Re: Advice req'd - UK members

Bill I have used Royal mail signed for international delivery with insurance in the past ...with no problems...fedex is fine too albeit a bit more expensive....make sure "for watch repair is clearly stated" to avoid double paying ur tax and inport duties

Zak

I agree with ZAK but I also use Royal Mail Airsure which is trackable and carries more insurance if I remember rightly. Some companys will only insure a watch for £500.

If you are worried about insurance there is a company that you can use...

http://www.transit2insure.com/

These guys take a one of payment and cover the watch while its in transit. Excellent service and not very expensive. I've used them twice.

Cheers

Simon
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, Zak and Simon.

The insurance is an interesting question because what is the value of a watch that no longer works? I guess the answer has to be its value when working less what it's going to cost me to get it working and I suspect that £500 might be enough to cover that figure. Anyone who thinks I'm way off line on that one please let me know. I've had a look on flea-bay and Pete's sales corner but can't get a handle on what a working sub 300T might be worth (and I don't know what a repair/service will cost yet).
    Bill

Doxas:
    Sub 300T Seahunter
    Sub 250 Sharkhunter
    Sub 600T Sharkhunter
    Sub750T Sharkhunter, Sharkhunter PVD, Sharkhunter GMT, Professional, Searambler, Caribbean, Caribbean GMT, Divingstar GMT
    Sub 1200T Searambler
    Deco
    Marathon:
    SAR & JSAR
    Other:
    Rolex SD, Omega Seamaster Professional,Tudor Prince Oysterdate, Seiko Sports 200m & BM, Tag Heuer 1000

Hey Bill

As Si said, recommend Royal mail AIRSURE, it's slightly faster and only 70p more than Int'l Signed For, will be there in 48 hours. Maximum insurance possible is £500, you'll find these limits are often the case, Fedex is one that also has this cap. I've used it dozens of times and not a single worry.

As it'll likely be going to the Austrian address for Doxa you shouldn't need to worry about VAT/tax issues, might rear their head if it comes back via Switzerland though, you might want to confirm all this first, as you may need to write what Zak said about it being a repair not a purchase.

Other Royal Mail methods can give higher cover but at ridiculous cost of £50 plus, Airsure will be £15 max.

An alternative is have it looked at in the UK, as obviously this watch is out of warranty, if you fancy that give me a PM and can recommend a couple good guys. either way i wouldn't expect a service to cost more than £100 so definitely have it fixed.

Then again, i'll give you £300 for it as-is

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

If I may, I've a question on the Royal Mail Service' insurance. Do they cover the watch to delivery, or only within your country? I may be wrong, but seem to recollect our US Postal Service only covering it while in country .
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    If I may, I've a question on the Royal Mail Service' insurance. Do they cover the watch to delivery, or only within your country? I may be wrong, but seem to recollect our US Postal Service only covering it while in country .
    Covered worldwide TB

Sorry, wouldn't sell this one. Interestingl, Doxa has said to put a value of US$300 on the shipping documents, which seems low as the service cost is US$298, but then the watch as it is doesn't work and the repair costs might be more than anticipated.
    Bill

Doxas:
    Sub 300T Seahunter
    Sub 250 Sharkhunter
    Sub 600T Sharkhunter
    Sub 1200T Searambler
    Deco
    Marathon:
    SAR & JSAR
    Other:

My 2 pennies worth. Take a look at http://www.parcel2go.com/
    I have used their service and it worked a treat, MUCH cheaper than the dear old Royal Mail.

Adrian
    Caribbean SUB750T #111
    Professional SUB750T #4796 (back from repair )

Thread Information