Am I the only one?

Thread: Am I the only one?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Am I the only one?

Just wondered, am I the only one having second thoughts about the 5000T? Mine arrived (5000T Pro) this morning and after re-sizing the bracelet (thanks for the tool Doxa - made it much easier) I've been wearing it all day. Problem is I know I prefer the 750Ts I own.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disapointed in the quality of the watch, and there are some nice additions (racheting clasp, HRV, upgraded movement etc.), but it's just so....... shiny!

When I've bought Doxa before I've instantly been wow'd by them, and known instantly they were keepers. With the 5000T however I'm wearing it more in hope that it grows on me (but secretly I want to change back to my Sharkie or DS).

I can see lots of positive comments about the watch on the forum, so am I really the only one thinking this?

Rich

************************************************** ************************************************** *******
    reply by DOXA
    ************************************************** ************************************************** *******
    Hi Richard, thank you for your comment, From what I read, I assume, you are more of a Sharkhunter than a Professional type of guy, I know you will love the Sharkhunter. We have a customer who likes to swap his Sharkhunter for a Professional, but I cannot find your name on the SUB5000T order or pre-order list, so Please contact DOXA with your serial number and details, maybe they can arrange something for you

I know this posting needed a lot of courage and we really appreciate your opinion. I am sure that you are not alone, although round 95% are ecstatic about their SUB5000T, there are 5% who like the old school DOXAs and I cannot blame them. I was once attracted to DOXA by its retro looks, I still think that it is time to move forward and evolve, you cannot win if you stand still.

Like with everything else, changes needs courage and are never accepted by everyone, I guess, the new SUB300T, back in 1967 was not a watch everyone fell in love with at first sight. The first SUB300T re-edition of 2001 was not for everyone either, and people started loving it when it was close to being sold out. Now it is a classic and will fetch high $$ on the second hand market.

So the essence of this is, if you like the retro style, go for the SUB1000T, it is the closest to the original of 1967. But if you want the quality, finish and features of the new generation DOXA, then the SUB5000T is the right choice.

The SUB5000T is an entirely different league and generation of DOXAs. It has opened complete new markets for DOXA with its more contemporary looks, while still maintaining the classic DOXA character.

Finally, we are happy to have you in the family, whether you are a SUB1000T or a SUB5000T kind of guy.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas

DOXA S.A.

Last edited by Jason71; December 27th, 2007 at 04:13.

Re: Am I the only one?

Yup you are the only one!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toshi View Post
    Just wondered, am I the only one having second thoughts about the 5000T? Mine arrived (5000T Pro) this morning and after re-sizing the bracelet (thanks for the tool Doxa - made it much easier) I've been wearing it all day. Problem is I know I prefer the 750Ts I own.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disapointed in the quality of the watch, and there are some nice additions (racheting clasp, HRV, upgraded movement etc.), but it's just so....... shiny!

When I've bought Doxa before I've instantly been wow'd by them, and known instantly they were keepers. With the 5000T however I'm wearing it more in hope that it grows on me (but secretly I want to change back to my Sharkie or DS).

I can see lots of positive comments about the watch on the forum, so am I really the only one thinking this?

Rich
    Don't worry Rich. No matter how good or cool or wonderful something is it will never appeal to everyone. How many times have we all got something we wanted only to find it turned out to be not what we wanted after all. I guess dissonance might be the word for it. Kind of disagreement in our beliefs.

At least you can make a decision based on actually owning the watch and getting up close and personal with it. My advice would be give it a try for a couple of days, if it doesn't do it for you, find it a new home.

Pete

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't think you're alone on this one... I didn't bite at this model because (now this is just my opinion) - it just doesn't have that classic Doxa look. Yes, it's a great looking watch and the quality is probably there, but I'll stick with my Sharkhunter... I just love the pedigree of that watch as well as the watch itself!

I think this model will be a "love it or hate it" kind of watch. Kind of like, um, well, Doxas!
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

Rich - I don't think you'll be the only one. Reality is that no single item or watch will make everyone happy or jump with giddiness. As much as I like mine, it took me a couple of days to warm up to it; I was so used to my 750 Pro that it took me a while. After a couple of days though it felt as natural and I'm at peace and very happy with it.

As for the shiny part - I'm sure that after a couple of years it'll rub off, at least given the way I wear my watches.

Cheers,

Avi

"Individuals fail.
    Teams succeed."

You are not the only one. I haven't even unwrapped mine, still on the fence. I do prefer the brighter orange dial on th 750T. I have posted trade offers to try the 5000T Sharkie. I really love the watch design and upgrades, it is an awesome watch. I think the sharkie will be the one for me. The pics of the black dial and stainless markers really struck a chord for me, more so than the orange. I love the feel of this watch though.
    Doxa did a great job on it.

Must admit - i'm struggling to get my head to accept the nice tool watch features like HRV, ratchet clasp and improved lume along with the bling-bling features of shiny hands, indices and the bracelet middle links - somehow i feel a clash in culture going on.

Mine is going to be staying in the factory plastics for a little while yet, see if it warms up on me.

Cheers,
    D.

It would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing.

I love mine and although it is the first DOXA i've owned, I have seen and tried various 750 and 1000 models and the 5000 just seems to be a class above.

This watch will certainly not be staying in it's box and very soon will have all the marks and scratches that will mark it out as mine.

Enjoy.
    Grahame.

Quote Originally Posted by toshi View Post

Rich
    You're not alone Rich.

I don't have a 5000T and probably won't be getting one.

I don't really care for the polished steel hands & indices, nor do I like the polished bracelet.

I'm not saying the 5000T isn't a nice watch(it is), but just not for me.

I have a 750T Sharkie which I absolutely love and my next Doxa will most likely be the Pro or the 1000T Pro.

For everyone who has 5000T, enjoy

Kind Regards
    Bob:thanks
    Bob.

Ticking away..the moments that make up a dull day.
    Omega 2254.50
    Omega 2531.80
    Rolex Submariner

Man, you have guts to be asking such a question.....
    But I am right there with you. I totally even agree with " Granite Quarry " (sorry I don't know your first name ). Mine is also totally in its shipped condition.
    When the 5000T PRO was announced, I thought it would be the ultimate DOXA watch.
    But before I received it, I got my hands on a 750 T Carribean and on a 750 GMT Carribean. And with my 750 T PRO, I actually now long for the 5000 T Sharkie.
    But if there was an emergency and I could only pull only one watch out, it would be the 5000 T PRO : it is the perfect DOXA....if you own only one DOXA !!!
    Makes sense ?

Thierry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information