Another 100 T for sale on the net??

Thread: Another 100 T for sale on the net??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another 1000 T for sale on the net??

This is amazing. Another Sharkhunter bites the dust. I guess some folks can make this decision in a day. Not I. I guess this is a good source for people ready and willing to jump in.

Reply by DOXA

Hi and thank you for your posting. This is very common among new releases. In fact it is a lot less than the average rate of the previous releases. It is understandable. No real life pictures were available, and not a lot of information on the forum about the new release. This changes rapidly as soon as the model has become available for several weeks.

BTW, No SUB1000Ts were shipped to AD's , all watches shipped were pre-ordered.

DOXA S.A.
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; July 13th, 2007 at 00:42.

My Son and I, St. Thomas
    Rolex Sea Dweller 16600

Enicar Sherpa Guide GMT
    Omega Seamaster Soccer Timer
    Breitling Navitimer 806
    IWC Mark XVIII
    Heuer Autavia 11630

Re: Another 1000 T for sale on the net??

Quote Originally Posted by lhanddds View Post
    This is amazing. Another Sharkhunter bites the dust. I guess some folks can make this decision in a day. Not I. I guess this is a good source for people ready and willing to jump in.
    I find it impossible that someone could turnaround and sell a watch they just purchased that fast. Is it possible that Doxa is sending some of these watches as gifts, complimentary, or even to possible ADís to show off? I may be way off here. This is JM2cents.

Didnít we just have a forum member get a watch and not like it and Doxa gladly took it back and refunded his money??

This just makes no sense!! :oops:
    Thanks Nick

Quote Originally Posted by twostirish222 View Post
    Is it possible that Doxa is sending some of these watches as gifts, complimentary, or even to possible AD’s to show off? I may be way off here. This is JM2cents.
    I doubt this seriously. If they were sending them out for AD's to show off, I am certain there would be strict requirements related to them selling the watch.

Didn’t we just have a forum member get a watch and not like it and Doxa gladly took it back and refunded his money??

This just makes no sense!!
    This is true, allegedly. Doxa does give some amount of time for complete satisfaction with the watch. Some people just want to turn around and sell it right away, and it is not important if they lose $100-$150..........
    Last edited by Jason71; July 12th, 2007 at 21:49. Reason: Less inflammatory.....Sorry Guys :(
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

[quote=jclevoy;425832]I doubt this seriously. If they were sending them out for AD's to show off, I am certain there would be strict requirements related to them selling the watch.

I was not alleging anything i was only trying to make a point. My thinking here was that they had to have gotten them for free and flipped them.

If for any reason this post is not in good taste to anyone please delete it.

I truly think that Doxa is a great company, and would not think that they would do this. If i opened Pandoras box. Please close it.

Take Care
    Last edited by Jason71; July 13th, 2007 at 00:40.
    Thanks Nick

Could it be possible someone bought two and...>

someone is selling one for a profit? Not sure as I haven't seen the asking $. Cheers-Ronbo

Re: Another 100 T for sale on the net??

Some people just want to have something first. Once they get it the interest is lost. They still are able to say "oh yeh the 1000T - I had one of them" Happens with games consoles, mobile phones - even cars. Their choice I suppose.
    As was said earlier losing $100-$200 means nothing to some.

I find it impossible that someone could turnaround and sell a watch they just purchased that fast. Is it possible that Doxa is sending some of these watches as gifts, complimentary, or even to possible ADís to show off? I may be way off here. This is JM2cents.
    I don't find the question out of line at all. It is a question / thoughts on a somewhat strange situation, not a statement alleging something. I too find it weird that someone would just turn round and sell a watch they bought after owning it for less than 24 hours and selling it for a couple of hundred dollars less than they just bought it for. But many people have a shedload more disposable income than most of us so maybe it's no big deal.

Pete

yes, some collectors buy two, one for wearing and one for the safe...

and occasionally may want to move one because of a new grail. Happens all the time.
    DW

Ya know.. I wish you were right on the money here!

Unfortunately, many "flippers" decide to sell a new diver within 5min of opening the box. I've ended up having another watch catching my eye, and sold a watch before it's even arrived! *(..please don't tell "the wife"!)

:oops:

Not that he needs it, but I can certainly vouch for the integrity of the most recent seller. Long-time dive watch fan, frequent poster, stand-up guy... and well known on the forums. (,,just wish he'd given me a heads-up before he posted the watch).

Now I've missed TWO!?!?

DOH!!

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    I doubt this seriously. If they were sending them out for Ad's to show off, I am certain there would be strict requirements related to them selling the watch.

This is true, allegedly. Doxa does give some amount of time for complete satisfaction with the watch. Some people just want to turn around and sell it right away, and it is not important if they lose $100-$150..........
    I don't feel he was alleging anything at all either. I think he was just asking if this was a possibility. Sadly, contrary to what most think this does indeed happen. I am not saying with Doxa but I have seen it before. I bet though that if its not for sale at a profit it was someone that bought it, instantly didn't like it and decided to flip it. Or more likely someone who got a returning customer discount and has it priced a few buck below the suggested sales price looking to make a little profit on it. Jeez, people just need to relax and ease up a little. IMHO I think the initial poster was just shocked anyone would give their Doxa up, particularly brand new. I found the post quite a compliment to the company and in no way a slam.
    Last edited by Jason71; July 13th, 2007 at 00:41.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information