Another My First Doxa Post

Thread: Another My First Doxa Post

Another My First Doxa Post

I bought this one from a fellow WUS member but have to say that I was an uninformed buyer. I thought it was a cool looking watch. I have lurked here for quite a while and admired the collections of everyone. Any info is appreciated here. I do have some information from Jason who was very accomodating to a new Doxa guy.

Todd

BROKER

Re: Another My First Doxa Post

Hey Todd

Welcome to Doxa, i'm sure that won't be your last purchase of the brand.

I'm sure our Mr.Levoy kept you right - that is a slightly odd one with the blue dial/bezel, orange hands and green/yellow lume but it is unique, and for the price paid (i saw the sales posts) it was cheap enough for sure.

Cheers,
    David.

Todd,
    Glad you finally received it. Tell us your first impressions. I suspect that it is a revived vintage that may have been in very poor condition. It is just a little unusual with the different colored dial, but I really like the combination with the orange hands. To me, that is the ultimate wearing watch. Different from any other Doxa out there, but for what you have invested in it...........GREAT to wear daily.

BTW, welcome to the Doxa Club
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Todd, good on ya'! And it is a cool looking watch. I for one can see the value in a modded watch now and then. The case appears to be bead blasted, is that correct? I do like the look of it. The blue on the bezel throws me off a bit, but if you like it, great! And if not, it's easily enough changed. And the lume though unique, doesn't look all that far from a nicely patina'd vintage. I'd say someone knew what they wanted here, and had it done up just so. A fine looking specimen .
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    Todd,
    Glad you finally received it. Tell us your first impressions. I suspect that it is a revived vintage that may have been in very poor condition. It is just a little unusual with the different colored dial, but I really like the combination with the orange hands. To me, that is the ultimate wearing watch. Different from any other Doxa out there, but for what you have invested in it...........GREAT to wear daily.

BTW, welcome to the Doxa Club
    Haven't gotten it yet but I'll post my own poorly taken pics when it gets here. I didn't want to spend a ton for a Doxa and then be afraid to wear it like some of my other watches. This one will get some wear. It appears to be bead blasted which is indeed different. I'm not proficient enough to know what is original and what isn't. I'm the poster boy for uniformed buyers here. It doesn't look to be an original crown though. Any thoughts? The gentleman that I bought it from has surely been more than accomodating to my numerous requests for more pics and the questions that I have had.

Todd
    BROKER

I agree, the crown looks to be one of the replacement ones that I have seen Jack use before. Totally not a big deal though. I don't think a Doxa crown would be too difficult to find if you choose to have it replaced in the future. Vintage Doxa Crowns are much easier to find than the bezels.

I think it is a SWEEEEET watch, and I am excited for you to get it.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Some infos about this watch for all junior members of the Doxa Forum.
    This watch was owned by Forum member Krazy8 and was modded for him by Jack IWW.

The case is beadblasted and the Searambler Dial is redone in blue. Hands and Dial where relumed.

It was made before the SUB 750T Caribbean was introduced and when it was posted on the old Doxaforum it got great positive response.

I would call it in some kind of way the prototype for the caribbean even if it wasn´t made by Doxa but it probably gave the spark and idea how a blue dialed Doxa with orange hands could look.

Maybe Krazy8 can chime in and give some more detailed infos about his old project.

Regards Bernie

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

:oops: I didn't notice the dial was blue! Thought it was black. That now explains the blue numbers and the blue shark (I think) strap.

Todd, please post more pics when you get it. Custom Doxa's are fairly rare around here. Maybe there should be more!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BERNIE View Post
    Some infos about this watch for all junior members of the Doxa Forum.
    This watch was owned by Forum member Krazy8 and was modded for him by Jack IWW.

The case is beadblasted and the Searambler Dial is redone in blue. Hands and Dial where relumed.

It was made before the SUB 750T Caribbean was introduced and when it was posted on the old Doxaforum it got great positive response.

I would call it in some kind of way the prototype for the caribbean even if it wasn´t made by Doxa but it probably gave the spark and idea how a blue dialed Doxa with orange hands could look.

Maybe Krazy8 can chime in and give some more detailed infos about his old project.

Regards Bernie
    I knew that was one of Krazy8s watches. He did some rather interesting stuff. I personally like his vision on some of the watches that he had modified. The 300T reissue that he had PVD'd was one of my favorites
    Best Regards,
    Jason

The only thing better than a new Doxa is one customized by Jack at IWW. It all works for me. Truly a unique piece of watch art.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Thread Information