any chance of a day/date Doxa Sub???
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: any chance of a day/date Doxa Sub???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

any chance of a day/date Doxa Sub???

been favoring the day /date displays on my watches lately. also comes in handy when you work the evening hours.

so is there any chance of a day/date in our future? :)

Kev
    Doug507 likes this.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: any chance of a day/date Doxa Sub???

I don't know, but I'd definitely go for one.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

This is definitely one of those polarizing preference. People seem to be very pro Day\Date or anti.

I'm in the anti crowd as I feel like Day\Date displays put a watch dial too far off balance. I've seen a few designs that are interesting, Oris has a few that come to mind, but I don't see that they would look good on a Doxa Sub.

Anyone of our Photoshop savants feel like mocking one up so we can get a peek into how a Day\Date Sub would look?

RS

Follow Me

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

OzO

I'd love to see a mock up of that
    Cheers,
    Mark

Insert clever and/or deep and meaningful philosophical quote here

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_Shakleford View Post
    This is definitely one of those polarizing preference. People seem to be very pro Day\Date or anti.

I'm in the anti crowd as I feel like Day\Date displays put a watch dial too far off balance. I've seen a few designs that are interesting, Oris has a few that come to mind, but I don't see that they would look good on a Doxa Sub.

Anyone of our Photoshop savants feel like mocking one up so we can get a peek into how a Day\Date Sub would look?

RS
    +1 (IMO:this would be one busy dial)

Don't see the point of day/date combinations. Sometimes (like with this month or 30 day months) I feel like I could quite happily do without a date feature. A 1500 model without the date feature would work for me... But I still fancy it with the date. But the day too... No thank you.
    Rusty_Shakleford likes this.

I'm with Rusty on this. The day/date window throws off the balance of the dial too much. I don't dislike a day/date as much as a cyclops,but it's a close second. Plus I usually know what day it is,so I don't see it as a useful function. This is all just my opinion of course, but it would be a pass for me.

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

As with any added complication, you'll certainly find both proponents and detractors. Is it really needed on purely a dive watch? Of course not (perhaps moderately useful in a habitat type environment). But would it be interesting/desireable for some:? Certainly. In the middle of a week long dive vacation, would one occasionally ponder the remaining days of vacation? Could one perhaps "forget" (even for a moment) what day of the week it was? Yes, I think so.

I don't feel a GMT complication is a necessary element in a pure dive watch either, yet I jumped at the chance for my Divingstar GMT, as a unique piece. Also made good use of that feature to track 3 independent time zones while traveling internationally for work shortly after I got the watch. I could see similar utility in a Day/'Date complication, and these after all, are not strictly "pure divers" (as suited for diving as they are, many of us buy them never to even take them in the water, nothing wrong with that).

When I had my work watch (a Seiko SKX007) built up by Bill Yao nearly a decade ago, I opted for the plain dial/no date or day. And yet I still have an appreciation for the day/date window on my Seiko Black Monster (the only Day/date watch currently in my collection, excepting the digital's of course).

Being a fan of diversity, I'd like to see one in a SUB offered by DOXA, I think it would find a group of supporters among the faithful. Certainly not for everyone, but for some, a very nice option.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    As with any added complication, you'll certainly find both proponents and detractors. Is it really needed on purely a dive watch? Of course not (perhaps moderately useful in a habitat type environment). But would it be interesting/desireable for some:? Certainly. In the middle of a week long dive vacation, would one occasionally ponder the remaining days of vacation? Could one perhaps "forget" (even for a moment) what day of the week it was? Yes, I think so.

I don't feel a GMT complication is a necessary element in a pure dive watch either, yet I jumped at the chance for my Divingstar GMT, as a unique piece. Also made good use of that feature to track 3 independent time zones while traveling internationally for work shortly after I got the watch. I could see similar utility in a Day/'Date complication, and these after all, are not strictly "pure divers" (as suited for diving as they are, many of us buy them never to even take them in the water, nothing wrong with that).

When I had my work watch (a Seiko SKX007) built up by Bill Yao nearly a decade ago, I opted for the plain dial/no date or day. And yet I still have an appreciation for the day/date window on my Seiko Black Monster (the only Day/date watch currently in my collection, excepting the digital's of course).

Being a fan of diversity, I'd like to see one in a SUB offered by DOXA, I think it would find a group of supporters among the faithful. Certainly not for everyone, but for some, a very nice option.
    exactly! not for everyone (but then again what is?? :) ) but I do have an odd schedule that keeps me up some nights beyond midnight and need to know the day, which at the late hour is soemtimes tricky. Plus I find when out on vacation I tend to be more relaxed and have forgotten the dy altogether. when I havd a more predictable job and schedule I never needed the complication but now tend to go for watches with it, like my Seiko divers.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectlykevin View Post
    exactly! not for everyone (but then again what is?? :) ) but I do have an odd schedule that keeps me up some nights beyond midnight and need to know the day, which at the late hour is soemtimes tricky. Plus I find when out on vacation I tend to be more relaxed and have forgotten the dy altogether. when I havd a more predictable job and schedule I never needed the complication but now tend to go for watches with it, like my Seiko divers.
    I'm the same way. There are times when a day complication would be a nice addition. I think it would be particularly acceptable on the 5000 series.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information