Any Doxa Black Friday deals this year?
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Any Doxa Black Friday deals this year?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any Doxa Black Friday deals this year?

X

Re: Any Doxa Black Friday deals this year?

We'll see. Hopefully nothing sketchy like in past sales. Earlier this year there was a "sale" for the Jenny Caribbean that was very misleading. There was a list price, then a sale price, then it said previous Doxa/Jenny owners got an additional 20% off. But they did not, the special pricing was the already listed for everyone sale price. And that wasn't even 20% off, they couldn't even do the math right! I went back and forth a bunch via email, and was offered a slightly better deal with a bracelet thrown in, but even this was more than I had paid for a Jenny for a friend less than a year ago and that watch came with a bracelet and rubber strap! So as it's been stated many times here, you are definitely buying the watch, not the watch buying experience...
    Monkeynuts and dumberdrummer like this.

Suppose to me a US dealer in California, Maybe service will be better. I know for a fact they should sell a ton more watches with better Web sites and better Representation. Lately its almost been a detriment to the Brand Unfortunately.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, the deal has been released. They're still pushing the Jenny that was first available six years ago this time around. The discount, however, is very respectable. For those wanting one of the Jennys, now's your time. For the rest of us, the last really great Black Friday deal was the Sub 750 GMT clearance some years ago.
    Last edited by qa_ii; November 24th, 2018 at 10:49.

Good price on those Jennys, guess they finally want to move them out... This is pretty much the price they refused and said they would never sell to me at just a few months ago...

Great price for sure I was slightly tempted by the blue , but tbh as much as I love the Jenny’s these new ones are not hitting the spot which is probably why they are still available
    Now if they made a exact copy like they did with the 50th anniversary doxa with a dome crystal ahh man they would be no hesitation I’d buy it in a shot
    Name:  3C24AE91-17CA-4D19-9832-44959DE366D8.jpeg
Views: 128
Size:  491.7 KB
    nepatriot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynuts View Post
    Great price for sure I was slightly tempted by the blue , but tbh as much as I love the Jenny’s these new ones are not hitting the spot which is probably why they are still available
    Now if they made a exact copy like they did with the 50th anniversary doxa with a dome crystal ahh man they would be no hesitation I’d buy it in a shot
    Bottom is the original? Original hands? An exact copy would have had the potential to catch and ride the vintage watch trend for sure. The "new" version right up front looks oversized.

Not every vintage brand can be re-introduced. There are marketing firms that specialize in this, and some have done quite a bit of consumer research and ranking old brands. Jenny was probably on on anyones list, but a little research and brand testing could have helped.

IMHO, there needs to be right balance of brand recognition and brand story, with a modern brand proposition, that aligns with the financials. Looks like Jenny's financials aligned enough to go forward, but that was probably only so because very little was budgeted for research and marketing. i.e. lack of strategy; "hope is not a strategy". Jack Welch or Jim Kilts, I forget.

This was a tough one starting with the brand name. You need something very compelling to get past that. I can picture the brand team pitching this one, when the first obvious question comes up, and the answer is " Well, it's pronounced "Yenni".... That's the moment any seasoned management team says "thank you, we'll call you", gets up and leaves the meeting, and copies of the proposal, behind.
    Monkeynuts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynuts View Post
    Bottom is the original? Original hands? An exact copy would have had the potential to catch and ride the vintage watch trend for sure. The "new" version right up front looks oversized.

Not every vintage brand can be re-introduced. There are marketing firms that specialize in this, and some have done quite a bit of consumer research and ranking old brands. Jenny was probably on on anyones list, but a little research and brand testing could have helped.

IMHO, there needs to be right balance of brand recognition and brand story, with a modern brand proposition, that aligns with the financials. Looks like Jenny's financials aligned enough to go forward, but that was probably only so because very little was budgeted for research and marketing. i.e. lack of strategy; "hope is not a strategy". Jack Welch or Jim Kilts, I forget.

This was a tough one starting with the brand name. You need something very compelling to get past that. I can picture the brand team pitching this one, when the first obvious question comes up, and the answer is " Well, it's pronounced "Yenni".... That's the moment any seasoned management team says "thank you, we'll call you", gets up and leaves the meeting, and copies of the proposal, behind.

This one looks like a tactical "hail Mary".
    Last edited by nepatriot; November 24th, 2018 at 16:05.
    Monkeynuts and DaveandStu like this.

Yes it was a huge Let down....

Quote Originally Posted by drifterproductions View Post
    Yes it was a huge Let down....
    I wouldn’t say it was a let down , it was an amazing price for a Jenny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information