Any ideas on where to get a NOS 300T dial...or find a good restoration shop?

Thread: Any ideas on where to get a NOS 300T dial...or find a good restoration shop?

Any ideas on where to get a NOS 300T dial...or find a good restoration shop?

I have a vintage 300T Professional (Synchron, US Divers) with a dial that is in need of professional attention. Doxa Sales just sent me a very kind e-mail to tell me what I figured they would say: they have no 300T dials (I had to at least ask, right?).

Can anyone point me to a source for a replacement dial (NOS or perfect reproduction)? I have spoken with Jack at IWW, who has done alot of beautiful Doxa restorations, but wanted to get input from you all before making a final decision on how to proceed.

Rob

Re: Any ideas on where to get a NOS 300T dial...or find a good restoration shop?

RGM watches in Lancaster Pennsylvania do amazing restoration. I believe they have done several servicing on vintage Doxa from forum members.

http://www.rgmwatches.com/
    Aude,Tace, Vide
    Virtus Junxit, Mors Non Separabit

Re: Any ideas on where to get a NOS 300T dial...or find a good restoration shop?

Thanks! I knew that they did Doxa warranty work, but didn't think of them for this kind of project. I'll give them a call too.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by obie
    RGM watches in Lancaster Pennsylvania do amazing restoration. I believe they have done several servicing on vintage Doxa from forum members.

http://www.rgmwatches.com/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

boy, talk about the search for a holy grail....

nos vintage doxa sub parts. Don't get your hopes too high, numerous people have been looking for replacement bezels, hands, crystals...
    They are hard to come by.
    Good luck!
    DW

My advice is since you have already spoken to Jack go with him. He has done some amazing restorations, and this is not hearsay. He is extremely reliable, professional, and a real watch enthusiast. His prices are unbelievable. He truly loves what he does.

For those who are not familiar with Jack, he is from my home state of NC, and lives in Raleigh. Here is his website.

http://www.angelfire.com/blues/andcameysiww/photo.html

Look for yourself and see some of the amazing things he has done with watches.

This is one of the DOXA's Jack restored.

Attachment 15979

John
    Last edited by John Vargas; January 8th, 2007 at 08:45.
    / Tudor: “The Usuals"...Sub, S-D, Daytona's, GMT-II, GMT-IIC, Tudor Sub, Mini-Sub, Ω: NASA Issue Speedy Pro, Cosmic ‘51 R.I., IWC: 3717, Dudley: Masonic Pocket Watch, ℘℘:5107G, 3448, : 31 Day, 47040, BP: Leman Moon Phase Calendar, Milus: TIRM600

"Americans are stupid to believe what they see and read in an IWC Brochure, the photos in the brochure are done to be the best-looking example of the product to make it more desirable, not what is actually available.” Benoit de Clerck, Ex-President, IWC N.A.

Thread Information