Anyone got any good before and after restore pics

Thread: Anyone got any good before and after restore pics

Anyone got any good before and after restore pics

had a great conversation with Andy yesterday about vintage SUBs and it got me thinking. What I'd like to do is add a page or two at the end of the book giving a bit of advice regarding restoration of vintage models. For example, most people don't know that the modern hands wont fit the vintage movements. Also the vintage dials aren't a perfect fiit for the ETA 2824-2 movement used in the modern Doxas. Also with a number of different vintage bezels, it is a crap shoot if you find one, whether it will fit your vintage case or not.

What I'd like is if anyone has a descent before and after photo of a restoration they had done so I can show what is posible.

Thanks

Pete

Re: Anyone got any good before and after restore pics

Hi Pete,

If I get mine back in time I shoot you some picitres! When is your deadline?

:thanks
    Andy
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are!" ---Buckaroo Banzai

Hi Pete,

I'm working on it, I have taken some before shots for the moment, but I will post the before and after shots together for better effect.

I never sent my syncron 300T watch to Jack, it was the time of being parted which was the issue and the worry of shipping and it getting lost.

I found a really good Rolex watch guy here in Australia, Sydney who has studied under some world renound watch guru, but I can't remeber his name for the moment, I'll post it up next time. Anyway he has dismantled the watch and a friend of mine here in Sydney who is a world renound master jeweler 'John Elms' is restoring the metal finish including the steel bracelet. This guy knows more about metalurgy than any person I have ever met. (I work on his cars so he is doing me a favor)

So we will see how it goes, its a bit of a risk because I know how good Jacks work is, but I trust these tradesmen, if it is good some of the guys here in Australia might be interested in sending theirs to these guys too?? Who knows?
    The only issue is; here in Australia we cant get superluminova.
    However there is this new lume on the market here (about 2 years) that is supposed to be absolutly awesome. (it did look bright, though I only saw it in its vial not on hour markers) It is made from bacteria in the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland.

Cant wait till I get it back, (I secretly hope they dont bugger it up either)
    Cheers for now

Peter D
    Cheers
    Peter D

ORIS DIVER SMALL SECOND S/S
    BREITLING SEAWOLF AVENGER
    S/S Black
    SEIKO ORANGE MONSTER
    NITE WATCH MX20
    CITIZEN ECO-DRIVE DEPTH METER CHRONOGRAPH

CITIZEN PROMASTER AQUALAND II
    CITIZEN PROMASTER AQUALAND II (my first diver)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pet I think Jack Alexyon might have some. I seem to recall seeing some pics of restored examples on his site.

Thanks guys,

I have written the sedtion and I'll dig through my 5 gig of Doxa photos and see what I have. I spoke to Jack but he doesn't have any before shots. I need the pics for the end of the month so I'm not sure anyone will have stuff back in time. Anyway I may be able to use photos of badle beaten watches or movements to show the sort of damage that can be repaired.

I'll make a pdf of the section and post it here for information.

Pete

Thread Information