Bezel numbers
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Martin Czelder
  • 3 Post By subkrawler
  • 2 Post By Medphred
  • 2 Post By clouser

Thread: Bezel numbers

Bezel numbers

What is the best way to touch up the orange numbers on the bezel.

Martin C.
    Medphred likes this.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: Bezel numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Czelder View Post
    What is the best way to touch up the orange numbers on the bezel.

Martin C.
    Use Testors "1127 Orange" model paint. Apply a small drop with a toothpick to the number with the missing paint. Let it dry for a few minutes, then remove the excess. I use a wooden Popsicle (craft) stick, to remove the excess as it acts like a scraper, but won't scratch the bezel.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

It helps to clean the bezel really well and let it fully dry before you apply the paint. To remove the excess paint, I dip a Qtip into some acetone-based nail polish remover, squeeze every drop out to the point where it's just slightly damp, then LIGHTLY brush the Qtip over the bezel.
    We are how we treat each other and nothing more.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Believe it or not .... An orange crayon work surprisingly well.
    Rolex 5513 No Date Sub
    Rolex 114270 Explorer

Seiko 7548

I have found that a drop of model paint thinner with a drop of the paint makes things much easier as well. Once the number area has been cleaned of all old paint, I apply the paint with a sharpened tooth pick & the thinned paint "flows" into the area much easier; it helps to use your loupe as well to see where you are applying the paint.

Below is a pic of the paint and tools I use to paint my 5000T bezel. Instead of using a toothpick to apply the paint, I found something that works much better. They're called "microbrushes," and I found them in the model car section of Hobby Lobby. I use the superfine size. Just barely dip the tip of the microbrush into the paint...you don't need much.

WatchDialOrange and Medphred like this.
    We are how we treat each other and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by clouser View Post
    Below is a pic of the paint and tools I use to paint my 5000T bezel. Instead of using a toothpick to apply the paint, I found something that works much better. They're called "microbrushes," and I found them in the model car section of Hobby Lobby. I use the superfine size. Just barely dip the tip of the microbrush into the paint...you don't need much.

I followed your suggestion and tried the microbrushes. Used the damp paper towel wipe method and it came out perfect first try. Bezel numbers look factory new now. Went with the enamel Testors 1127.

Thread Information