Bezel swap

Thread: Bezel swap

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bezel swap

Doxa customer service said that I could have the bezel on my 750t swapped locally as long as they were a authorized rolex repair shop as they would have the right tools. Has anyone had any experience with this?

HI - Not exactly what we said ; )

We said that some watch makers might have the right tools to do this - and if they are Rolex authorized they will be more likely to have them, but this is not a guarantee - you will need to check with them!

Your friends -

The Inventors of Orange
    DOXA
    Last edited by DOXA Forum Administrator 1; August 16th, 2009 at 04:17.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: Bezel swap

Quote Originally Posted by Bstephens View Post
    Doxa customer service said that I could have the bezel on my 750t swapped locally as long as they were a authorized rolex repair shop as they would have the right tools. Has anyone had any experience with this?

HI - Not exactly what we said ; )

We said that some watch makers might have the right tools to do this - and if they are Rolex authorized they will be more likely to have them, but this is not a guarantee - you will need to check with them!

Your friends -

The Inventors of Orange
    DOXA
    Why are you wanting to swap the bezel?
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Banned

Do it yourself. It is super easy. The only "tools" you need are a blade and some masking tape. I did my Doxa bezel in less than 30 seconds. Check out the video below (Not mine).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaPSN...eature=related

Note from DOXA, It is definitely not super easy, and please remember, easy to remove bezels are most likely to have a big play, unlike DOXA bezels, which are extremely tight and precise.

Caution !! this video does not show removing a bezel from a DOXA SUB. There are different bezel attaching and ratcheting systems, some are very easy to remove, like you see in this video, but also easy to lose. A DOXA bezel cannot be removed as easy as demonstrated in this video.

DOXA
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; September 3rd, 2009 at 06:25.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gslaskin View Post
    Do it yourself. It is super easy. The only "tools" you need are a blade and some masking tape. I did my Doxa bezel in less than 30 seconds. Check out the video below (Not mine).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaPSN...eature=related
    The video is for the bezel swap on a korsbek. You did the same for a DOXA?
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Why not try Stoll & Co they are Doxa repair center my Sub 300 I got from the bay had a COA complete workover and a new Doxa crown put on, the watch keeps damm near perfect time so far, and looks brand new.
    Ed

Banned

Yes. A Sub 750T Professional.

Quote Originally Posted by gslaskin View Post
    Yes. A Sub 750T Professional.
    Anything to look out for? (flying springs, ratchet pins, etc.)

I was under the impression that the new Doxas needed a special tool to remove the bezel and that it could only be carried out by Doxa themselves

The vintage bezels pop off using a knife.

Cheers

Simon

EDIT: found the link https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...=bezel+removal
    Last edited by WORKSIMON; August 16th, 2009 at 10:35.
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

Banned

There is a sort of "spring ring" (not sure what else to call it) that sits underneath the bezel. It is roughly the same diameter of the bezel, so it is not a small part and it will not be lost easily. It has a few (4?) little down turned segments that fit into some slots on the case. It is extremely simple to fit this to the watch. Just drop it in place and snap the new bezel on top of it. Easier than changing your socks.

Banned

Here is a pic of my watch after the shiny new bezel was installed. Sorry there are no pics of the process. Personally, I think that paying $125-$150 to have this done would be like paying someone to tie your shoes. It is really very easy to do.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information