Bezels on the lattest models

Thread: Bezels on the lattest models

Member Horological-psychologist's Avatar

Bezels on the lattest models

Hello fellow watch nuts!

I've not been around this parts of town for quite a while now and so I just have one question. Is the bezel on the new lines, (FINALLY) made of tungsten carbide or some other scratch proof material?

C. Soler

************************************************** **********************************
    reply by DOXA
    ************************************************** **********************************
    Hi Carlos and welcome back to the forum. Before I start, We considered Tungsten Carbide and other different alloys, but as you might know, Tungsten Carbide has a grey tone which does not match the rest of the watch. Unless we make the whole watch out of the same alloy, a 2 tone combination would look awkward.

I also like to note, that , a DOXA SUB is a tool watch, that should be used for its purpose, which means, that it will get a ding here and there and the patina on it will only make more attractive. Looking at all the vintage DOXA SUB floating around, their owners wear them with pride and never think twice about a scratch on their bezel.

We have decided to stick with 316L Steel and the customer should decide, whether they want to wear their watch for diving and live with the scratches they collect or use it as a dress watch but then pay attention and be cautious while.

DOXA S.A.
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; November 19th, 2007 at 17:53.

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Re: Bezels on the lattest models

Naaah..... (think of the Aflac commercial with the goat ).

Welcome back!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

You should see Frogman's (Avi) Pro. It has been used the way that it is intended and it looks GREAT. Of course it has a few nicks and dings here and there, but I can imagine in 35 years it will look like my vintage 300T Pro. Plus, I have seen a vintage bezel that has been scratched all to pieces and then re-polished. That is the best thing about these Doxas is they can be polished in a number of years to look good as new.

Try to clean up a bezel on a different brand that has an aluminum insert.

JMHO
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    You should see Frogman's (Avi) Pro. It has been used the way that it is intended and it looks GREAT. Of course it has a few nicks and dings here and there, but I can imagine in 35 years it will look like my vintage 300T Pro. Plus, I have seen a vintage bezel that has been scratched all to pieces and then re-polished. That is the best thing about these Doxas is they can be polished in a number of years to look good as new.

JMHO

I appreciate the vote of confidence Jason.

I'll post a close up picture of the bezel when I get home from work later tonight. Not for the faint of heart.

Cheers,

Avi

"Individuals fail.
    Teams succeed."

odp

Doxa has stated that it would be possible to purchase a spare bezel. This is what I intend to do when I get my new SUB5000T.
    Incidentially, could Doxa tell me how much a replacement bezel would be and how I could order one?

DOXA forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by odp View Post
    Doxa has stated that it would be possible to purchase a spare bezel. This is what I intend to do when I get my new SUB5000T.
    Incidentially, could Doxa tell me how much a replacement bezel would be and how I could order one?
    Hi, I like to avoid a misunderstanding here, as your post might encourage DOXA owners to order bezels. While you are right, that it is possible to purchase a bezel, it is absolutely unusable because it needs a machine, and not just a bezel removal tool to be replaced. So implicitly, I do not recommend buying a bezel unless you want to have it replaced at the factory

Rick

When the old bezel looks too ratty then it's time to break out the old Dremel tool. That's the great thing about having a solid SS bezel. You can't polish out a bezel insert.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post

JMHO
    As promised, and by request...

Cheers mates.

Avi

"Individuals fail.
    Teams succeed."

Funny thing is, every little micro-scratch shows up on the photo. None of those scratches on the bezel were deep. I think it looks GREAT in person and can some day be polished up to look good as new
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Thread Information