Black Lung photos

Thread: Black Lung photos

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black Lung photos

I want to take a moment to thank the members here who answered my many questions about Doxa watches. It is through this information that I settled on a specific model, which I am now wearing... the Black Lung.

Unfortunately, I did not read the forum rules before posting here and acting as I usually do. Even more unfortunately, TBone put words in my mouth, thusly:

"As to the humor in Nanuq's posts, while the sense of humor is appreciated, the blatant disregard for and mocking of a rule he is obviously aware of is not."

Therefore, this is my last post here. Thank you again to the members who have made my short stay here pleasant. Please delete my account.

Re: Black Lung photos

Sorry to hear that you want to quit.
    Your watch is a great catch in a fantastic condition.
    For me the 300 no T is the most desirable vintage Doxa-Sub of all. It's the one the whole story started with in 1967. Only built in this style for one year! Hard to find! So keep it in good health.
    (Mine is the European version with m-bezel and without logo.)

Holger
    Attached Images Attached Images

Best Regards
    Holger
    ************************************************** ********************************************

ROLEX: Submariner 14060M ('03), Submariner 16610 ('91), Submariner 16800 ('85), Submariner 5513 ('79), Submariner 5513 ('64)
    OMEGA: Speedmaster Professional Mark IV ('73) Speedmaster Professional 125 ('73)
    DOXA: Sub 750T ('05), Sub 600T ('03), Sub 300T ('80), Sub 300T ('74), Sub 200 T.Graph ('70), Sub 300 noT ('67), Skindiver ('60)

Hey Bob

Good to see you got it off eBay, i thought it was you

I know it was one you were really after, so congratulations, that is one rare piece you have there.

As for the moderator comments and closing of the auction thread - i agree that was completely uncalled for and certainly NOT the way to treat a new member who was not fully aware of forum rules. You added quite a bit of much-needed humour to this forum with what you wrote, it should not have been slapped down in that manner.

An apology should be in order here to keep you active here IMO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hey Bob, great catch and great photos. You have a Doxa I want.

Hang around and don't think too hard of T-Bone. It's a ballache at times being a mod. Ernies rules, Doxas rules eBay this auction that etc. I'll thrash the big T within an inch of his life with a wet copy of the Cayman times when I see him :)

Gotta love free airport wifi. Just waiting on my connection whoopdewhoo

Pete

Nice watch...cya!
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Firstly, thanks to all who have PM'd me. Perhaps I acted a bit rashly, and for that I apologize. I'll have a look at the forum rules and see if I can stay within the lines a little better.

Now who wants to talk about watches? The new Black Lung is running within COSC specs, having lost less than one second overnight!

Here's another little beauty that washed up on the shores of Chez Nanuq this week. All original and obviously a very high-mileage item! We'll see how she cleans up.

That Rolex is sweet...I love seeing a high end tool watch actually being used as it was designed. I have been looking for a beater Submariner for some time. Could you PM me where you got it and how much I could expect to pay for a watch such as that.

Glad you are sticking around...your post was the funniest I have read here!
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Glad you're sticking. I enjoy your posts as well as your sense of humor.
    "Gentlemen, we should synchronize our watches."

@Romeo-1

I have several jealously guarded sources for vintage watches... they're able to come up with some pretty spectacular pieces, so I think I'll hold that close to the vest. But you can find some good stuff on several auction sites, and on other fora. Many sites have "trade" areas, like the one Dr. Pete supports. Carefully check out the seller before you jump. They need tons of positive feedback and positive references, NO negative experiences that cannot be explained, and good long histories. Remember the rule of thumb: "buy the SELLER, not the WATCH". If it's too good to be true, then it's too good to be true. Period. Walk away if you feel bad mojo.

A typical 1680 like this one, not a "meters first" or Red, or "Rail dial" or anything, will run about $4500 in this condition. Pristine ones will cost more, but are not interesting to me. It's all in what you're looking for.

Good luck with the chase!

Quote Originally Posted by nanuq View Post
    A typical 1680 like this one, not a "meters first" or Red, or "Rail dial" or anything, will run about $4500 in this condition. Pristine ones will cost more, but are not interesting to me. It's all in what you're looking for.

Does this particular model of Rolex have a special history ?
    Otherwise, that number seems super high to me !
    I thought the thrill of a " well lived " watch is first its cheap price ?
    Last edited by frogonwheels; November 6th, 2008 at 05:57. Reason: maybe I missed something !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information