Buying strategy – Get the 1000T first, 750T later!

Thread: Buying strategy – Get the 1000T first, 750T later!

Buying strategy – Get the 1000T first, 750T later!

I bought a 750T Sharkie directly from Doxa last week at full price. Driven by the lust for an orange dial Doxa, I e-mailed Doxa asking for the returning customer prices on a 1000T Pro. I was surprised that the returning customer price for a 1000T is higher than same for a 750T although you can get both at almost the same price now from their website as first time buy.

Andy of Doxa explained to me that the discount percentages are same for both models based on original list price. The final net price for a 1000T is based on discount off the list price and not its current holidays special price. If I have bought the 1000T first at the holiday price and buy the 750T at returning customer price, I would have saved $190!

So if you’re as crazy as me trying to buy more than one Doxa this month, your best strategy is to get the 1000T first, other(s) later!
    Last edited by Fred Lee; December 3rd, 2007 at 20:11.

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Re: Buying strategy – Get the 1000T first, 750T later!

Except of course, that the 750T is nearly out of stock, and you could miss out all together . With some being shipped to AD's as well, I would not be surprised to see an out of stock notice for the 750T in December (of course I have no first hand knowledge here, it is mere speculation).

Edited to add
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Lee in another thread
    Yes, I do like the watch and wish to get another one. But I'm not happy with Doxa's pricing strategy for returning customers. Anyway, I'll get over it!
    Fred, keep in mind, Doxa's policy on returning customer discounts, as originally printed here, would have allowed you a discount ONLY if you had purchased your first Doxa before the original deadline several months ago. The fact that they've obviously generously bent that policy for you against their original stated intentions is to their credit, and IMHO should not be used against them to bash them over the head!

JMO, YMMV.
    Last edited by T Bone; December 3rd, 2007 at 20:30. Reason: Removing a letter that didn't belong.... :)
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Except of course, that the 750T is nearly out of stock, and you could miss out all together . With some being shipped to AD's as well, I would not be surprised to see an out of stock notice for the 750T in December (of course I have no first hand knowledge here, it is mere speculation).
    Good point, T Bone. But I'm sure ordering the 750T only 3 days after the receiving the first order will not make a big difference

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Ack! Fred, I was editing my above post while you were posting this. I should point it out, so you don't think I was posting it "behind your back" so to speak.

Anyway, congrats on the new watches! And rest assured, you are saving a TON over what you'd have spent at AD's for either or both.

Enjoy, and PLEASE, share some pics with us when you can!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

I know how you feel Fred. It's like when I found out I could save $100 on a GMT bracelet if I ordered one with a new watch. This was after I had already purchased two new Doxas. I look at it this way though, I can only beat up myself because no one else is responsible for my decisions. Also I shouldn't feel cheated because I didn't get a free strap with my 1000Ts. It wasn't offered when I bought them. It's called the luck of the draw. You win some and you lose some. The only time we really have the right to complain is when we DON'T get what we pay for. Every Doxa I own meets my expectations. What more could I ask for?

Joe

PS If I decide that I can't live without a GMT bracelet for my 750T Searambler I'll cough up the full price with without whining (at least not too much) BTW I'm Sure you're like me and beat yourself up enough when you make the wrong decision.
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Quote Originally Posted by jstawasz View Post
    I know how you feel Fred. It's like when I found out I could save $100 on a GMT bracelet if I ordered one with a new watch. This was after I had already purchased two new Doxas. I look at it this way though, I can only beat up myself because no one else is responsible for my decisions. Also I shouldn't feel cheated because I didn't get a free strap with my 1000Ts. It wasn't offered when I bought them. It's called the luck of the draw. You win some and you lose some. The only time we really have the right to complain is when we DON'T get what we pay for. Every Doxa I own meets my expectations. What more could I ask for?

Joe

PS If I decide that I can't live without a GMT bracelet for my 750T Searambler I'll cough up the full price with without whining (at least not too much) BTW I'm Sure you're like me and beat yourself up enough when you make the wrong decision.

Joe, thanks for your kind words. “Felt like being cheated” may be a stronger words than it should be. I just want to vent out my frustration from bad luck. I apologize to Doxa if they felt being offended.

Thread Information