Can anyone help me out?
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By mitchjrj
  • 2 Post By MonFreets87
  • 1 Post By Genebe
  • 2 Post By mitchjrj

Thread: Can anyone help me out?

Can anyone help me out?

I would like to see a Sub 300 50th Anniversary in the metal. I am in the market for one and hoping for the second 100 Sharkhunters to be released soon. If I can't get a new one I'll be back in the pre-owned market (where I started).

If there is anyone in the Long Island, NY, Nassau or Suffolk (or NYC) areas willing to meet I would really appreciate it.

Seeing a watch in the metal is very different than looking at pictures as we all know. Refreshments on me, of course.

Re: Can anyone help me out?

I can’t help you with your request, but I can offer a couple of thoughts. Understanding your point that a watch may or may not live up to expectations in real life.

First, for me personally the SUB 300 Searambler 50th met and exceeded what I thought it would be. Seeing photos of it elicited an emotional response, they still do, and the physical piece is no different. It’s just as stunning on the wrist, fits perfectly, and is incredibly comfortable. PS my wrist is a flat 7”.

The one caveat is the core design element of a disproportionately small dial. It does at first seem a bit strange but that perspective quickly evaporates.

Second, failing a chance for to see one in person it’s a limited watch that you could easily move if things don’t add up.

RIB333 and J.Law like this.

I’m in Kansas, so unfortunately I cannot be of much help either. I just received a 50th anniversary SUB 300 professional the other day, and it is all that I hoped it would be.

It wears great on my 6.5in flat wrist and the quality is killer. As previously mentioned the small dial is different, especially since the Doxa replaces a Sinn U1 for me, which is a beast of a watch. After a few days of wear the proportion looks and feels totally normal to me.

My one complaint is the Factory bracelet, which I found to be lackluster when compared to the watch itself. I put mine on a vintage Beads of rice and the feel is perfect now. I also think it would be pretty killer on one of the new Erikas Originals Orange MN straps!

Good luck, and I don’t think you will be disappointed!
    Attached Images Attached Images

RIB333 and J.Law like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, guys.

Still hoping for someone local to see one.

The Sub 300 is a great watch! You really should see it in person, but as was said before, if you can't find one locally, just take the leap. You can always sell it if it's not what you expect on the wrist.

I'm lucky enough to have #007 & have been extremely happy with it. It definitely has a vintage vibe, from the size to the painted markers, domed crystal, case shape, etc.. IMHO, the factory bracelet is excellent. I wish they had used an "expand" section and clasp like the original 300 & 300T's, but this is pretty darn good considering. Another big plus is the movement, which is spot-on accurate and has that chronometer rating (unlike most other Doxa models). If you like vintage but want to wear daily (or nearly daily) with no worries or issues, this hits the mark perfectly! As a bonus, it flys under the radar of just about everyone except the fanatical watch fans. I've enjoyed parking my vintage 1675 GMT (which is getting a bit too valuable to really wear daily) and the 300 has become my new daily wear.

This is my 5th Doxa & while I liked the bigger watches (like the 5000), this one is undoubtedly the one I like the best.
    RIB333 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Genebe View Post
    IMHO, the factory bracelet is excellent. I wish they had used an "expand" section and clasp like the original 300 & 300T's, but this is pretty darn good considering.

Another big plus is the movement, which is spot-on accurate and has that chronometer rating (unlike most other Doxa models).

As a bonus, it flys under the radar of just about everyone except the fanatical watch fans.
    To the points above...

I also love the bracelet...just not the clasp which is very generic. Plus it would have benefited from a taper to 18mm.

Mine tracks -1 to -2spd and is consistent with the COSC certificate measurements. Would have preferred it fast rather than slow but still within the rating spec.

Finally, the value of “under the radar” rings true. You see someone wearing a DOXA you know they’re a Watch Guy.
    Genebe and RIB333 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RIB333 View Post
    I would like to see a Sub 300 50th Anniversary in the metal. I am in the market for one and hoping for the second 100 Sharkhunters to be released soon. If I can't get a new one I'll be back in the pre-owned market (where I started).

If there is anyone in the Long Island, NY, Nassau or Suffolk (or NYC) areas willing to meet I would really appreciate it.

Seeing a watch in the metal is very different than looking at pictures as we all know. Refreshments on me, of course.
    I am in NYC, if you want to see a 300 BL in SoHo sometime, pm me.

Thanks for all the comments.
    I have pretty much decided to take the dive, pun intended. I am waiting on the release of the second batch of Sharkhunter Lungs, and hoping I can get in on one.

Nitron135, I will take you up on your offer if possible, I would love to see one.

Thread Information