Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Los Angeles.... Originally from the land down under

Changes?

So what changed?

•• sent by two turn tables and a microphone ••
    Rolex 2016 Explorer . Doxa Poseidon . Omega MoonWatch . Junghans Max Bill

DOXA forum moderator

Re: Changes?

Since the introduction of the first Swiss watch (DOXA) ever to be offered online by Rick in 1999, 20 years ago, DOXA has appointed a new management. What to expect?, new different models and a new sales strategy, we'll keep you posted..

check this out, the first Swiss watch to ever appear online through the manufacturer's website: date 11.27.1999: http://web.archive.org/web/199911271...xawatches.com/. It was the beginning of a new era and the micro brands.
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; March 29th, 2019 at 01:09.
    DOXA independent forum moderator since 2010.

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA S.A. View Post
    Since the introduction of the first Swiss watch (DOXA) ever to be offered online by Rick in 1999, 20 years ago, DOXA has appointed a new management. What to expect?, new different models and a new sales strategy, we'll keep you posted..

check this out, the first Swiss watch to ever appear online through the manufacturer's website: date 11.27.1999: DOXA Swiss watches. It was the beginning of a new era and the micro brands.
    Well, I'm certainly stoked to see what changes are made - to the models and the business. Just hope you guys keep your connection to history and the ocean alive and well. More 'charity' SEs - particularly in support of Project Aware would certainly be nice too.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

check this out, the first Swiss watch to ever appear online through the manufacturer's website: date 11.27.1999: DOXA Swiss watches. It was the beginning of a new era and the micro brands.
    Under new management will the prices be going up? cheers

Doxa is welcome to hire me as a consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by TKiteCD View Post
    They can use the help . . . all the help they can get. So MANY missed opportunities the last few weeks on and regarding social media. It's really quite unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobia View Post
    Under new management will the prices be going up? cheers
    If that involves using an AD network, the added mark up of an intermediary would have to take prices up. How much is anyones guess.

Somewhere I recall reading speculation that if Doxa Subs were sold via an AD network, retails could be as much as 50% higher. The point was that the direct to consumer model cerated a good value for the customer on a Doxa.

Currently Doxa seems to sell "The Others" via a dealer network in Eastern Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Not sure if these is also a direct to consumer model on those.

If the "new strategy" involves selling the Sub line via an AD network, that may require a price increase. Otherwise customers could choose to buy direct vs the local AD. Or they could block direct sales to addresses served by an AD. But that can create negative blowback.

Forgive my ignorance, but not sure I understand. Does ownership remain the same? Who manages the company now and who will be managing it in the future? I realize you can't fill in every detail for us, but anything more is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but not sure I understand. Does ownership remain the same? Who manages the company now and who will be managing it in the future? I realize you can't fill in every detail for us, but anything more is appreciated.
    Sounds like a recent change in management, i.e. an internal restructure. Doxa seemed to operate as a separate division of Walca, with its own management, marketing, sales, etc. There would also be "The Others" management structure; same for the Lady's division. Probably all the watches are made in Walca's Swiss factory, except for maybe some of the Asian "Others", which might be made in Walca's China factory.

Now perhaps Walca consolidated these 3 divisions - "The Others", Lady's Jenny, and Doxa Sub - into one Branded organization. Doxa Sub and "The Others" dive watches for examine could now be one brand Group: "Men's Divers"; Jenny with the "The Others" women's watch brand group.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information