A Compliment from a non-owner

Thread: A Compliment from a non-owner

A Compliment from a non-owner

Doxa is my favorite brand that I don't own a watch in. All of my other favorite brands, I have at least 1 of. I owned the infamous blue searambler at one time but it was a bit small for my taste. So I sold it and now miss it. I love the PVD watches. I am quite fond of the Carib GMT and the Divingstar. I just don't own one and it's driving me nuts. I have a hat and a T-shirt that I won in a contest (THANKS DOXA) though. DMB taunted me with his 2 during dinner a few months ago. It was agonizing.

Todd
    BROKER

DMB
    Banned

Re: A Compliment from a non-owner

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    Doxa is my favorite brand that I don't own a watch in. All of my other favorite brands, I have at least 1 of. I owned the infamous blue searambler at one time but it was a bit small for my taste. So I sold it and now miss it. I love the PVD watches. I am quite fond of the Carib GMT and the Divingstar. I just don't own one and it's driving me nuts. I have a hat and a T-shirt that I won in a contest (THANKS DOXA) though. DMB taunted me with his 2 during dinner a few months ago. It was agonizing.

Todd
    Well let me taunt you a second time ....

and now if I may hijack your thread .......

I need the advice of some Doxaholics. I love my 2 DOXAs, and they aren't going anywhere ....... ever. However, I feel the need for some Big Orange. I can get either a T-Graph (used) or a GMT Professional (new) or 1000 Professional (new) by year's end. I'm trying to limit my purchase of watches as I never want to get to the point where I don't wear everything I have. The T-Graph is the cat daddy, the GMT has my favorite complication, and the 1000 is way cool with it's 42mm case and domed crystal. What say you guys? Help a brother out and rank them 1-3. - Thanks - David

Quote Originally Posted by DMB View Post
    I need the advice of some Doxaholics. I love my 2 DOXAs, and they aren't going anywhere ....... ever. However, I feel the need for some Big Orange. I can get either a T-Graph (used) or a GMT Professional (new) or 1000 Professional (new) by year's end. I'm trying to limit my purchase of watches as I never want to get to the point where I don't wear everything I have. The T-Graph is the cat daddy, the GMT has my favorite complication, and the 1000 is way cool with it's 42mm case and domed crystal. What say you guys? Help a brother out and rank them 1-3. - Thanks - David
    David,

I recently went thru some decision-making as well. I settled on the 1000T Pro (after realizing the 750T Pro wasn't quite "singing" to me the way a watch should). I prefer the proportions of the 1000T better (smaller in diameter but a tad thicker with domed crystal).

So it's no secret my vote:

1. 1000T Pro
    2. T-Graph Pro
    3. GMT Pro

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

GGD

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    I love the PVD watches.
    If you like the PVD mate... you should try and get your hands on one of these bad boys Or maybe a 1000T Mil Shark.... they're pretty sweet looking!

Quote Originally Posted by DMB View Post
    Help a brother out and rank them 1-3.
    Nice pair of DOXA's you've got there mate I especially love the GMT-Carib... I have nothing other than my 750T Mil Pro to make a comparison to, but I definately think my next DOXA will be something out of the 1000T range... probably leaning towards the Mil Shark at the moment just because I really love the PVD... if I could have my dream DOXA it would be the 1000T Military PVD model with the Carib blue dial.... sweet!

Good luck with whatever you choose...... I agonised over the choice b/w the 750T and the 1000T because I was worried about the size difference... now that I've got it strapped to my wrist I don't know what I was so worried about.... it's far and away the best watch I've ever owned

If you say you want "BIG ORANGE" there there is only one way to rank them:

1. T-Graph Pro
    2. GMT Pro
    3. 1000T Pro

I would also throw in the 5000T Pro as a choice and place it above the 1000 as well.

If it was my choice, I would take the 5000 above the rest, in this line up. If you look at the used market I would go with a 750 Pro above all. Good luck and let us know what you do ....
    John M.

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

In terms of BIG ORANGE -

You can go with the 600T-Graph for a little while longer, the 750T GMT and the 5000T - avaialable in "Standard" and COSC versions!

They are all winners - so we have something for everyone!

DOXA

DMB
    Banned

Hell, maybe I'll just get all three. Sleeping in the yard isn't that bad. - David

Thread Information