Conquistador News

Thread: Conquistador News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Conquistador News

Any news on the Conquistador? I've been absent lately, doing my job diving in the gulf but wanted to check in. Any way we could sticky this at the top so I can check in on this timepiece from time to time?

Thanks.
    Regards,

TKite
    Commercial Diver

Baume & Mercier Capeland S XXL, 3300ft/1000m
    Zinex Trimix, 6600ft/2000m
    Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, 3300ft/1000m
    Tissot Seastar 1000, 1000ft/300m
    Seiko Land Monster 660ft/200m
    Seiko "pepsi", 660ft/200m
    Timex Humvee, 660ft/200m

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: Conquistador News

Quote Originally Posted by TKite View Post
    Any news on the Conquistador? I've been absent lately, doing my job diving in the gulf but wanted to check in. Any way we could sticky this at the top so I can check in on this timepiece from time to time?

Thanks.
    TKite, good to see you back. DOXA has said in the past few months, that there will never be another Conquistador. However, they are considering incorporating an HRV into one of the near future models.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Man a Pro orange 1000m w/HRV would be AWESOME...>

and I really think the name Doxa Hydra would be cool. Though perhaps a bit tongue in cheek . Cheers-Ronbo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo View Post
    Man a Pro orange 1000m w/HRV would be AWESOME...>
    Well, they've also stated there will not be a 1000T with an HRV. Not sure why, but they said it. The Conquistador nix is a trademark issue I am pretty sure, someone else now has the rights to the name.

I'm still pretty sure they will release an HRV equipped watch in the not too distant future. And if you look at the "dream Doxa" poll, I think it is still doing fairly well. TKite, you are one of the very few here who could have any potential real use for the HRV (great to see you in the helmet with the Zodiac in the Face to a Forum Name thread! ).

It just occurred to me earlier today, that I actually twice have had occurrences where I could have used an HRV. In the 1980's, during my "avid diving" years, I did two training dives in hyperbaric chambers. One to 125', the other to 165'. On the first, the tech didn't want me to take my watch in (and I did not understand why, didn't know about HRV's). We compromised, and they got me a bucket of water to put my Citizen Aqualand in (I wanted to check the accuracy of the depth gage, dead on at 125').

On the second, I don't recall the tech even mentioning it, but now knowing, I suppose I am lucky the crystal didn't blow off, (though with the short duration, I am unsure how much helium could have built up). BTW, again dead on at 165'. It was a great backup/dive tool!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

T Bone the usual situation is the dive medics do not want you to suffer an O2 toxicity hit and start flailing your watch around which becomes an instant weapon to yourself and others who may be in the chamber. That said, I always wear a watch inside recompression chambers. Are you sure you were breathing HeO2? If you were speaking like donald duck, then you were and helium would enter the watch but probably not enough to blow the crystal. I have a friend whose G-Shock blew up coming to surface from a dive to 520 ft on a saturation dive. The crystal was plastic and blew out with a lot of force in several pieces. Luckily, nobody suffered an injury to the eyes.

Doxa will be missing the boat if they don't do a serious watch with a HRV though. I hope they think hard about it. It's not just for a professional like me- there are a lot of collectors who would buy it just because it is 'neat'.

Until then, it's me and my Rolex Sea Dweller :D
    I got one other watch on the way which is reportedly popular with european saturation divers... I'll unveil that when I get it in the mail from europe.
    Regards,

TKite
    Commercial Diver

Timex Humvee, 660ft/200m

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Yes, definite duck voices! It had us all cracking up, the tech surprised us with it by speaking first and telling us the voice change was permanent. I guess you had to be there, quite funny at the time.

I got one other watch on the way which is reportedly popular with european saturation divers... I'll unveil that when I get it in the mail from europe
    Did you get a Certina too? (I am sure there is another, just that I currently have the DS-3 on the brain ).

Really, there are so many out there with the vent, for that reason alone it makes sense for Doxa to build one. Plus the fact that they were the first. They are not blind to these facts, and I'm sure we'll see one. I'll go out on a limb and predict less than one year from today, there will be one unveiled and on or almost on the market.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Well we shall see about Doxa and a HRV. I have pretty much given up on them and almost decided not to even come to the forum anymore.
    Regards,

TKite
    Commercial Diver

Timex Humvee, 660ft/200m

Quote Originally Posted by TKite View Post
    Well we shall see about Doxa and a HRV. I have pretty much given up on them and almost decided not to even come to the forum anymore.
    The dark side is strong in this one, Rickiwan. He has little faith........... The orange force is growing dim.......

Just hang in there T...... all good things come to those who wait I could tell you what I've seen but I'd have to kill you

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Peter Millar View Post
    Just hang in there T...... all good things come to those who wait I could tell you what I've seen but I'd have to kill you

Pete
    Now Pete, this isn't fair. You know how we all are. You can't make a statement like that and then follow it up with at least some info........PLEASE????

Just a little morsel of information. Anything. Tease us.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Now we're talking! I see future in this when the man with 'God's Ear' drops a few crums of Wisdom :). Cheers-Ronbo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information